The Force Awakens Star Wars VII Director? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind meltdown. I uh....wow.

Not even sure what to feel about this right now.

I think the thing that excites me most about JJ doing this is that SW is really science-fantasy, whereas ST is science fiction. I think it'll be really different from what he's done with ST.

As someone who was never a big Star Wars fan, heck, I just seen the original (though obviously tampered with) trilogy in full for the first time this past December, this news boost my interest considerably.

The lens flare jokes are funny but overplayed. I don't think that Abrams has worked with the best scripts but he is a good director and is aces at casting a film and T.V shows.

What was all that nonsense about him turning it down?

He's better than good in my view. Dude is a damn great director.

^Conjecture to throw people off.

All over the net, i keep reading the same generic comments about lens flares, and the obligatory 'Noooooooooo".

My excitement for this film, before today, was at about 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Now that we know J.J. is the director.....my excitement level all the way up to 10!!! Now I can't wait! I'll definitely keep tabs on this one now.

edit:

Actually, I subtract negative .5 because now the rumor that Abrams could possibly direct a Metal Gear movie means nothing....NOTHING! GOOD DAY SIR!

I want Benedict Cumberbatch as anything in this film. Please make it happen Abrams.

Sincerely

I SEE SPIDEY

What was all that nonsense about him turning it down?
Direct quote from last month's Empire: "There were very early conversations and I quickly said no because of my loyalty to Star Trek and also just being a fan, I wouldn't want to be involved in the making of those things. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming."

I guess he changed his mind.

Just don't want lightsaber with shaky cam.
Forget the shaky cam....can you imagine the amount of lens flares that will be going on during light saber battles?

But seriously, this is cool. He wasn't my first choice, but that by no means makes him a bad choice. Good writer. Good director...Lets see what happens with the cast...

Direct quote from last month's Empire: "There were very early conversations and I quickly said no because of my loyalty to Star Trek and also just being a fan, I wouldn't want to be involved in the making of those things. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming."

Or he was just lying which is honestly fine seeing as it ruins the suspense anyway. ;)

one of the better names thrown around to direct this, though the end product will depend mostly on the quality of the script

Not very thrilled about the choice, even with the planets and all there was something in his Star Trek that made me feel like it didn't have a big enough scale. I like him as a director and loved Super 8 but i'm not sure he's the man for the job
Super 8 is actually the reason why I'm thrilled with this choice. Super 8 really shows how much love Abrams has for the old Amblin/Lucasfilm movies of the 80's and him directing Episode VII really shows the direction they want to take this movie.

tumblr_mh5jc9EwJp1qztitko1_500.jpg

So he's a liar? He's disloyal?

I guess $$$ changed his mind.

Corrected.

[YT]ussCHoQttyQ[/YT]

He's definitely more suited for Star Wars than Star Trek though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"