• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m7yf3t0lDJ1qag89mo1_1280.jpg

Cthulu

Totally agree. I haven't read any of the comic appearances but the Lovecraft stuff is just fantastic.

I keep hearing is supposed to be a bad-ass. But does he really do anything ? Can't really get into Lovecraft's work. Only thing I know about CTHULU is he suppose to be a sleeping elder god, and the Real Ghostbuster's kicked his ass in " Collect Call of Cthulu ".

Last edited:
I'm probably going to get called being from "Philly" by lord Anubis for this but

Eh!... Like zombies, E.T., Kristen Stewart and *Gangam stye! I really dont get the appeal!

* oh and i am convinced Gangam style now is what Disco Duck was in the 70's
!:woot:

As cool as any old god, which is pretty damn cool! Although these days Cthulu himself (herself?) is pretty overused.

Never heard of him.....but I"ve heard of the Shmoo. But only as an awesome line said by Morgan Freeman in Lucky Number Sleven.

Just heard he's from the 30's-40's comic strip. I'd need some sort of time machine or time warp to be even mildly interested in the comic strip. :o

i know only of him cause i saw some reprinted strips as a kid sometimes, but never read it!i just looked at the babe with the Daisy Dukes on!( yes! even then i knew!!) but like Anubis said i only know the shmoo! and that was cause of " Fred and Barney meets the THING!( and yes that was a real tv show) and only till this moment have i learned where the shmoo came from! haha!

Yeah, I don't really know anything about him either. I've seen Slevin twice and I don't even remember the Shmoo line...
I've always assumed he was some sort of classic comic strip charater or something...

Ive never read this, and I don't want to be unfair, but I really don't like the vast majority of characters like that.
Big, dumb musclemen with guns... who cares?

I've never read any of his stuff either & when I want explosive action with guns, I like Arnold better.

While he may in fact be your average gun toting muscleman with a big gun in the 90's, he is also from Valiant comics....and they usually have some pretty cool stuff.

Though I never read anything with him in it so wtf do I know? :o

You might be right, I should give Valiant a try some day.

Anyway, today's:

scan0180110908.jpg

E-Man

Yep... evvvvvvvvvveryone loves E-Man...

tumblr_m9y26pSmp91r85zzdo1_1280.jpg

The Li'l Depressed Boy

In regards to E-Man, he's a cool Hypster. :oldrazz:, never heard or read anything on the other character.

If Family Circus is anything, it's predictable. It just comes in, day in. Day out. Sits there on every comics page, and is just s**t. Every time. :o

Family Circus is one of the worst newspaper strips out there.

Also, I don't know anything about The Li'l Depressed Boy, but I love that he has a Kepi Ghoulie shirt on.

Where's E-Man when you need him to talk about E-Man?

Nothing to say about that little depressed punk

Family circus is enjoyable in the very small doses I took of it

Can't says it's my cup of tea either. Anyway, I'm reasonanbly sure I haven't used this one yet but apologies if I have:

9ed1e270c3bb012fde79001dd8b71c47

Marmaduke

Nothing to say about the mutt for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member