State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew up watching the live action show, but loved the cartoon " Muppet Babies ". Don't really care for the movies, but I liked Henson's other properties like " Fraggle Rock ", " The Dark Crystal ", and " Emmet Otters's Jugband ".

Were the Muppet Babies the Muppets as children or the children of the Muppets? :huh:

Muppets as babies, if I'm not mistaken.

Gotcha.

Next character:

SuperDinosaur_01_0024_0025.jpg

Super Dinosaur

OMG, I missed the Muppet Babies. :atp:

I loooooved the Muppet Babies.

I never heard of Super Dinosaur.

Yet another character I've never heard about .

Okay, lesson learnt: Redmond kills threads.

Todays:

UmbrellaAcademy2Fc.jpg

The Umbrella Academy

That's cuz they're awesome and you should totally read that s**t.

They look interesting.

They're Gerard Way's comic book team. Don't let that put you off though, turns out he's a much better writer than musician.

I really liked this book, it's like Doom Patrol meets The Royal Tenenbaums.

That's the absolute best description for them I've ever heard.

Umbrella Academy is awesome. Gerard Way is a pretty good writer and seems like a cool guy all around. Apparently he spent most of his famous musician money on Tabletop RPG stuff, which makes him okay in my book.

Also, I've gone back to their stuff and I honestly don't think My Chemical Romance are that bad. They're not amazing, but they're a pretty solid band. I was really turned off initially by their horrible fans, who were really only into them because they had kind of a goth/emo look.

So I totally forgot Mark Waid's Irredeemable wrapped up earlier this year. Here's todays:

832092-irredeemable.jpg

The Plutonian

Great idea, but I got bored about halfway through this.

I feel like Waid tried hard to write a really dark, Garth Ennis-style story but ultimately, I suspect he's just too nice a guy.

The book's spin-off character Max Damage is more interesting in pretty much every way, IMO.

Still haven't gotten around to reading that.

It's not bad, it just could have been a lot better if Warren Ellis or someone wrote it.

Anyway!

fc2bs.jpg

The Flaming Carrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member