State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones.

That is the truth. Attack of the Clones is almost complete garbage.

Also, I concur that Hook is good. Unfairly maligned. Dustin Hoffman is the best onscreen Captain Hook.

Gravity is a great sumptuous visual feast, and I've been a Cuaron fan for a long, long time. That said, Gravity as a whole is a bit overrated. The dialogue was terrible, the film fell into some typical Hollywood cliches, and George Clooney was so out of place being all George Clooneyish. I enjoyed the movie, and it's in the top 15-20, but it's not top 5 as I've seen it ranked in many places.

ISusqd3.gif

lwSXB8L.gif

A Bug's Life is one of Pixar's best movies.

I thought "The Watch" with Ben Stiller, which was universally panned, was one of the funniest movies I saw last year.

I didn't find it particularly funny, but I thought it was well made, especially in the build up to reveal of the aliens. I liked how they pulled a jaws, never fully showing them until about halfway through it.

Last edited:
The scene with Vince Vaughn and the Russian nesting doll killed me.

Spider-Man 3 and Green Lantern aren't near as bad as many make them out to be.

Man of Steel is one of the greatest CBMs of all time. Better than The Dark Knight Rises, even.

Completely agree with this. Both were mediocre, but TPM had a much better and more memorable villain. Plus, no terrible Hayden Christensen/Natalie Portman chemistry.

I think that goes for a lot of people. :funny:

Even though I did like it when I last watched it. I think it's good, but I don't find it near the level of any of Pixar's movies except for Cars (which it's better than both), and arguably Brave. I still haven't seen Monsters University.

Completely agree with this. Both were mediocre, but TPM had a much better and more memorable villain. Plus, no terrible Hayden Christensen/Natalie Portman chemistry.
Yeah, I agree with the fact that they're mediocre. Also, I don't see any love for Ewan in the prequels. I thought he did a great job.

I think that goes for a lot of people. :funny:

Even though I did like it when I last watched it. I think it's good, but I don't find it near the level of any of Pixar's movies except for Cars (which it's better than both), and arguably Brave. I still haven't seen Monsters University.

Monsters University was really good in my opinion, but I don't think it's going to be super memorable.

I really want to say this in the Indiana Jones thread, but at the risk of sounding like a troll in there, I'll just say it here:

*ahem*

THERE IS NO NEED FOR AN "INDIANA JONES 5". AT ALL. IF YOU WANT IT, YOU'RE ONLY FOOLING YOURSELF. IF "CRYSTAL SKULL" WAS TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, THEN IMAGINE HOW SORRY ANOTHER ONE WOULD LOOK! HALLELUJAH! HOLY ****! WHERE'S THE TYLENOL?!?

Sorry, but Disney didn't get the full rights for no reason. Indy 5 or reboot, they're doing something with him.

The Mummy is ridiculously re-watchable. I get bored during the sequels, but for a movie that is ten years old and very thin on plot, I am always surprised at how much fun I have whenever I turn on that film.

Some action cliches are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back