State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter David wrote a great version of Jonah Jameson.
Brian Bendis made a better version.

I'll be honest, I can do without J. Jonah Jameson. Wanna talk about a character that hasn't changed in years, look no further than JJJ.

That's because JJJ is perfect

You need JJJ in the Spider-verse. Hell, you need him in the Marvel-verse period. He's just this blowhard that is biased against anything superhero related and sticks to his convictions. He's a jerk, but he can be nice when he wants to and genuinely he does have good intentions under the surface.

Jonah's changed a bit over the years, but mostly he's just become more himself. That's character development too.

I'd love to see JJJ in the MCU. It'd be fun to watch him rant and rave about all the various heroes and villains, he'd especially be in his element during Civil War. I also fully support the idea of bringing back J.K Simmons. For my money, that was the best casting in any film adaptation ever.

I'll go you one better, XB:D
Who is that?
Might be worth mentioning that Ultimate Spider-Man started out as an alternate version of Peter Parker. Miles, the character many reference as Ultimate Spider-Man now, didn't actually come about until about 3 or so years ago.
I know, I was asking if he was talking about the cartoon because I know it isn't really a favorable adaptation of cartoon to the masses

Tim Curry was a great Pennywise, but there is room for improvement in a more faithful adaptation of the novel, same for Kathie Bates' Annie Wilkes.

i don't know who that is :(

For real? I grew up in New Zealand and even I've heard of Archie! (I'm not taking a crack at you, I'm just surprised) Archie Comics is a long running series and like, a staple of American comics. It's been around since the late 30s and follows the titular character, Archie, and his various friends in the town of Riverdale.

It's well known for it's wholesome, family friendly stories and content, which is why Archie Meets The Punisher was such a standout crossover. Frank Castle is after some criminal or some such who happens to look almost identical to Archie, the criminal subsequently runs to Riverdale to hide and hijinks ensue.

Comic readership has dwindled a lot over the last few years, and as far as I know, there's not been a cartoon or TV show featuring Archie characters in a good while, so a lot of younger people don't know much about Archie nowadays. It's a shame, too. I don't read much Archie now, but I've enjoyed it, and all the various Archie offshoots like Sabrina and Josie and the Pussycats.

Archie has been doing a lot of off the wall **** recently, too, so it's a bit of shame it's going unnoticed. The Archie Zombie comic from a year or two, and now Archie vs The Predator.

Comic readership has dwindled a lot over the last few years, and as far as I know, there's not been a cartoon or TV show featuring Archie characters in a good while, so a lot of younger people don't know much about Archie nowadays. It's a shame, too. I don't read much Archie now, but I've enjoyed it, and all the various Archie offshoots like Sabrina and Josie and the Pussycats.

Archie has been doing a lot of off the wall **** recently, too, so it's a bit of shame it's going unnoticed. The Archie Zombie comic from a year or two, and now Archie vs The Predator.

That's true. Even though I've never read much Archie myself, I've always felt it was just one of those things everyone knows about- like Garfield or, I don't know, The Wizard of Oz. But you're right, I can appreciate not knowing about Archie unless you're either deep into comics or part of an older generation.

Out of curiosity XB, Tron and anyone else who would care to answer, how old are you guys? I just turned 31 a couple days back.

I'd love to see JJJ in the MCU. It'd be fun to watch him rant and rave about all the various heroes and villains, he'd especially be in his element during Civil War. I also fully support the idea of bringing back J.K Simmons. For my money, that was the best casting in any film adaptation ever.

Yes. You're not gonna get better than J.K. Simmons for Jameson. He has to be in the MCU's Spiderman. Who cares if it could be confusing.

That's true. Even though I've never read much Archie myself, I've always felt it was just one of those things everyone knows about- like Garfield or, I don't know, The Wizard of Oz. But you're right, I can appreciate not knowing about Archie unless you're either deep into comics or part of an older generation.

Out of curiosity XB, Tron and anyone else who would care to answer, how old are you guys? I just turned 31 a couple days back.

I'm 27, so we're not too far off from one another.

For real? I grew up in New Zealand and even I've heard of Archie! (I'm not taking a crack at you, I'm just surprised) Archie Comics is a long running series and like, a staple of American comics. It's been around since the late 30s and follows the titular character, Archie, and his various friends in the town of Riverdale.

It's well known for it's wholesome, family friendly stories and content, which is why Archie Meets The Punisher was such a standout crossover. Frank Castle is after some criminal or some such who happens to look almost identical to Archie, the criminal subsequently runs to Riverdale to hide and hijinks ensue.
I've heard of archie, i'm just not too too familiar with him. that sounds like a pretty dope crossover comic though. as far as literature goes, the only set of things i've ever read & became a hardcore fan of was harry potter. spiderman & goku are my favorite superheroes, but i never really read their source materials. i grew up on the 90s spiderman cartoon and dbz.

happy belated birthday to you. i turned 24 in january.

Tim Curry was a great Pennywise, but there is room for improvement in a more faithful adaptation of the novel, same for Kathie Bates' Annie Wilkes.
I don't care about horror stories, but this one is a funny role.
And they cast the perfect guy for that role.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a good actor.
I think Affleck is going to be a great Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a good actor.

I agree. I don't think he gets/takes roles that require any kind of deep acting, but I do think he's definitely capable of it. Of course one could argue a person doesn't need more intense roles in order to be a good actor -Dwayne Johnson, for example, tends to take more hammy roles and he's excellent at it. What Arnie does, he does very well indeed.

Here's one. Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie is better than the TV series.

The movie is good, campy fun. But I find the TV series unwatchable. The bad acting, writing, direction, fight choreography, makeup, effects... It's unbearable. Granted, I've only seen the earlier episodes, but they're garbage. I've heard it gets good later on, but I'm sorry... I'm not going to sit through three or four seasons of crap in hopes that it eventually becomes watchable.

Last edited:
I think Affleck is just a decent director, not much more than that.

Here's one. Buffy the Vampire Slayer the movie is better than the TV series.

The movie is good, campy fun. But I find the TV series unwatchable. The bad acting, writing, direction, fight choreography, makeup, effects... It's unbearable. Granted, I've only seen the earlier episodes, but they're garbage. I've heard it gets good later on, but I'm sorry... I'm not going to sit through three or four seasons of crap in hopes that it eventually becomes watchable.

Gurl wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"