State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suicide squad trailer was ( in Mr burns voice) excellent.
Just goes to show that there just is no pleasing some fans no matter how fing awsome something looks.

It's not enough to just make something that looks cool.

The trailer didn't blow me away.

For some reason, it didn't feel like a Batman or Superman movie. Affleck is good, but Lex Luthor looks like the Hackman/Spacey version. Did Cavill say anything at all?

Maybe the next trailer or some clip will convince me.

For some reason, it didn't feel like a Batman or Superman movie. Affleck is good, but Lex Luthor looks like the Hackman/Spacey version. Did Cavill say anything at all?

Cavill, just said the line about the Bat vigilante being a one man reign of terror. Lex to me reminded me nothing at all of the previous ones, so I'm not sure what similarities you see between them.

Haven't seen Man of Steel since its theatrical run, but this was one of my biggest gripes. How can you explore a character's origin and still make him feel underwritten? Considering BvS will focus on more characters, it's disappointing that Supes will join the ensemble after such a lame intro.

I mean, does Superman really have to say anything in the new trailer? That's actually something I thought was interesting about it, because while Superman isn't really active in it, focusing more on Batman, it's like you can feel his presence regardless of how little he says or does, almost like a god-like figure, mythic.

Superman saying very little in the trailer doesn't bother me. He is still the focal point and the trailer is working around that premise.

I mean, does Superman really have to say anything in the new trailer? That's actually something I thought was interesting about it, because while Superman isn't really active in it, focusing more on Batman, it's like you can feel his presence regardless of how little he says or does, almost like a god-like figure, mythic.

Superman's presence in the trailer didn't bother me; I used that complaint from the original poster to highlight one of my biggest issues with "Man of Steel" and what I'm worried will happen again in the new movie. Less of an issue now since there's more at stake? Sure.

And Parallax was a looming, cosmic figure in the Green Lantern movie, too, right? Man, that worked out great.

:oldrazz:

Last edited:
I really, really hate Borat.

It's not funny. It's just sick and wrong. And I'm not a very PC person, but it's racist when you think about it. Imagine if he painted his face black/yellow and called himself Nabonga or something. And then he ran around with a spear and tried to stab cars, asked where he could get human flesh to eat etc.

I hate Bruno too. I don't know what he tried to achieve with it? To show that some people are homophobic? When you act like Bruno, and people don't like you, they're not homophobic, they're @$$holophobic.

Haven't watched the Dictator, but I still hate it. I just know it's more of the same Cohen-crap.

I guess I don't like Sacha Baron Cohen at all. I'm glad he's not going to play Freddie Mercury.

What about King Julien?

Superman's presence in the trailer didn't bother me; I used that complaint from the original poster to highlight one of my biggest issues with "Man of Steel" and what I'm worried will happen again in the new movie. Less of an issue now since there's more at stake? Sure.

And Parallax was a looming, cosmic figure in the Green Lantern movie, too, right? Man, that worked out great.

:oldrazz:

Well, I wasn't really responding to you as much as Goshdarn, and I was only talking about the trailer, not the film.

I really, really hate Borat.

It's not funny. It's just sick and wrong. And I'm not a very PC person, but it's racist when you think about it. Imagine if he painted his face black/yellow and called himself Nabonga or something. And then he ran around with a spear and tried to stab cars, asked where he could get human flesh to eat etc.

I hate Bruno too. I don't know what he tried to achieve with it? To show that some people are homophobic? When you act like Bruno, and people don't like you, they're not homophobic, they're @$$holophobic.

Haven't watched the Dictator, but I still hate it. I just know it's more of the same Cohen-crap.

I guess I don't like Sacha Baron Cohen at all. I'm glad he's not going to play Freddie Mercury.

Well the Dictator is not documentary, is really a much more straight-forward comedy. Still with bizarre stuff, but I laughed a lot with that film. But if you don't like Sacha Baron Cohen at all, then you will probably hate that one too.

But if you don't like Sacha Baron Cohen at all, then you will probably hate that one too.

100% sure of it:woot:

1. Hidalgo (2004) is good. Too bad they don't make movies like that anymore.

2. Dirty Dozen starts out pretty good, but goes straight down the toilet near the end.

3. Metal Gear the movie? No thank you. It's a movie to begin with.

4. I like Mel Gibson. Fantastic actor/director.

5. Zatoichi (2003) is pure crap.

6. I've said earlier that Americans have lost the ability to make good comedies, but don't get me started on Danish comedies.

7. Or Scandinavian movies in general. Boring and depressive stuff. Please, stop!

8. I find most movies with Bruce Lee boring. Except Enter the Dragon.

9. Heck, most Hong Kong martial arts movies are overrated, weird and stupid.

10. Uwe Boll is underrated, I think he should direct the next Captain Am...no, I'm kidding.

100% sure of it:woot:

1. Hidalgo (2004) is good. Too bad they don't make movies like that anymore.

2. Dirty Dozen starts out pretty good, but goes straight down the toilet near the end.

3. Metal Gear the movie? No thank you. It's a movie to begin with.

4. I like Mel Gibson. Fantastic actor/director.

5. Zatoichi (2003) is pure crap.

6. I've said earlier that Americans have lost the ability to make good comedies, but don't get me started on Danish comedies.

7. Or Scandinavian movies in general. Boring and depressive stuff. Please, stop!

8. I find most movies with Bruce Lee boring. Except Enter the Dragon.

9. Heck, most Hong Kong martial arts movies are overrated, weird and stupid.

10. Uwe Boll is underrated, I think he should direct the next Captain Am...no, I'm kidding.
How about the Ali G Show, there were some funny stuff in there, but if you don't like SBC, you probably don't like his show either.

1. I haven't seen Hidalgo but if it's as good as Appaloosa, I will probably like it, also I'm a big Mortenssen fan and like his choice of films in general.
2. Yeah true, still some great classic scenes and great classic actors.
3. I'm not very familiar with MGS but I feel the same way about GTA (which is inspired by great gangsters films and tv shows in the 1st place)
4. Yes, for sure. Can't wait for his next project, either as actor or director.
5. Haven't seen it, but if it's the one with Kitano I think he is overrated in general.
6. Not familiar with Danish Comedies, but I still occasionally enjoy some American Comedies.
7. Not familiar with those either.
8. Unfortunately yes, but he is an icon like Elvis and changed the game nonetheless imo.
9. There are some good ones but I'm not an expert.
10. Haven't seen his films, but he cast Burt Reynolds as a king so he can't be all bad:woot::cwink:

I have no hate for Jai Courtney or Sam Worthington, with the right material and director they can do good work.
I think Eisenberg's Luthor might be the 1st time I like the character on the big screen.

I have no hate for Jai Courtney or Sam Worthington, with the right material and director they can do good work.

I agree. I can't recall seeing Worthington in anything notable, but he definitely has the chops to be a good action hero. I really liked Jai Courtney in Spartacus, he's a talented guy -maybe doesn't pick the best films to be in, but as you say, with the right material and a good director the guy can do great things.

If that's true, I approve too. He was a great Comedian and also he should play Magnum P.I.

It's entirely unnecessary to show the Wayne murders again. Everyone already knows how Batman became.

It's entirely unnecessary to show the Wayne murders again. Everyone already knows how Batman became.

My guess is that it's part of a brief prologue that shows the history of Batman from his beginning to his retirement (potentially stuff in the desert is from this as well) up until he decides to come back after the destruction of Metropolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"