State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kevin Smith is overrated. I mean, I found a couple movies of his somewhat entertaining. I'm aware he has a huge cult following. I like the guy he is very passionate in what he does and his comic fandom, he is very likable. But I find a lot of his films to be... Well... Garbage.

Well, uh, what if I were to tell you that Spiderman 2 is actually my least liked of the current 5 Spiderman films, and that the 2002 original is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time?

Quicksilver-You-Didnt-See-That-Coming.jpg

Wow that is wrong in some many ways. Spiderman 2 is by far and I mean by far the best of the 5.

"by far" ... no... not by far.

Spiderman 2 > Spiderman 1> TASM1> Spiderman 3 > TASM2

TASM1 and SM3 being more of a back and forth.

I have a guilty pleasure spot for TASM2. I can acknowledge all it's flaws, but I still enjoy it. I've never been really into the Raimi trilogy myself, even Spider-man 2. I'd put TASM as my favourite despite a poorly handled villain, stupid ending and dumb moments.

TASM1 and SM3 being more of a back and forth.

Spiderman2> TASM2> Spiderman 1> TASM 1> Spiderman 3

To me spider man 2 by far the best, and infact my second favorite movie of all time and just about a perfect movie. TASM2 by far the second best have never been more confused but people hating a movie has I am with that movie. Spider man 1 and TASM 1 are close to me but goblin better then lizard pushes it over. Spider man 3 by far the worst but I like all 5 to a point.

Man on Fire was just too boring and sadistic. Not a big fan of torture scenes either.

I think Kevin Smith is overrated. I mean, I found a couple movies of his somewhat entertaining. I'm aware he has a huge cult following. I like the guy he is very passionate in what he does and his comic fandom, he is very likable. But I find a lot of his films to be... Well... Garbage.

Yeah, I wrote the same thing some pages back. I liked his Superman Lives script (not all of it), but the rest is just like you say: garbage. Like something a twelve year old boy would make.

Depressing story time: I think I saw Mallrats in 2002 or something, as a teenager. I remember being shocked that Stan Lee was in the movie. "What...no? Why the heck is Stan Lee in this turd?" I got my answer when Stan Lee's Stripperella showed up a year later or something...there were news stories about Stan Lee visiting strip clubs and getting lapdances etc. "Yikes, Stan Lee is a total perv".

Later I read stories from people who met Stan Lee at comic conventions. I don't remember the forum, but the thread was about people meeting their idols in real life. The guy who played Flash Gordon cheated a mentally challenged guy, Ryan Reynolds got pissed off when people told him to sign something, shouted and left. And then there was Stan Lee who touched and grabbed at a woman dressed up as Vampirella or something like that. I don't know if any of those stories are true, people make up stuff all time on the internet, but I wouldn't be surprised either. I guess the moral of the story is: never meet any of your heroes in real life.

I have a guilty pleasure spot for TASM2. I can acknowledge all it's flaws, but I still enjoy it. I've never been really into the Raimi trilogy myself, even Spider-man 2. I'd put TASM as my favourite despite a poorly handled villain, stupid ending and dumb moments.
I feel the exact same way on all counts. TASM2 is a mess but I can't hate it because it gave me my favorite version of Peter/Spidey to date. Never cared for the Raimi films, largely due to the casting, and the first TASM remains my favorite Spidey movie so far.

I feel the exact same way on all counts. TASM2 is a mess but I can't hate it because it gave me my favorite version of Peter/Spidey to date. Never cared for the Raimi films, largely due to the casting, and the first TASM remains my favorite Spidey movie so far.

I still like toby has spider man but Garfield was much better and emma has grween was great and even though I still like spider man 1 and love 2 I never realized in till after asm1 and 2 how much him not acting like spider man hurts those movies. I am conviced after asm2 that no matter what that people are going to complain that peter is a jerk or that spider man is 2 chessey. If you took Garfield and his spider man in to spider man 2 and a soundtrack has great has asm2 you would have the perfect spider man movie.

I'd say Book of Eli is my favorite DW movie. Followed by either Man on fire. John Q. And training day.

Haven't seen Eli, saw the others and they rock. Then there's always my favorite supporting role movie he's in - Philadelphia.

I love the two Clerks movies, and Dogma. Chasing Amy is all right, and ... The rest of his movies are pretty bad. I could NOT finish Tusk or Cop Out. So, so terrible.

Not going to lie, though: I plan on going to Awesomecon in DC this year. I got pretty excited to see that Smith is going to be there. While I'm not a huge, huge fan of his movies or anything, I think he's a funny and cool dude when he does his Q&As and his podcasts (when I have the time to listen to them, that is).

Me too. The balance of serious and the bizarre (Lizards plot) made it extremely enjoyable.

Y'all makin' me cry. Spider-man 2 is the GOAT.

Yours is close to mine;

Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 3 > TASM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TASM 2

I'm just glad the TASM franchise ended prematurely (and in shame). I couldn't take much more of Garfield's awful Parker, the lame villains, and the tone being all over the place. Even the people running Sony were dissing their own movies, as those leaked emails revealed. The late great James Horner refused to do TASM 2 because he read the script and thought it was crap. How right he was.

I have high hopes Marvel will set Spidey right again. Kevin Fiege knows what the standard is to live up to so that's a step in the right direction;

I think Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever, so that’s a lot to live up to.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...eige-on-the-marvel-sony-spider-man-connection

Last edited:
I like Kevin. Clerks, Clerks 2, Jay & SB are his 3 best. Mallrats is fun, Chasing Amy, it's ok. Cop Out and Tusk suck. Red State isn't good, but it is a guilty pleasure- and the aborted ending would've been amazing.

Not really unpopular, but TASM2 is a complete and total cinematic abortion. I would rather poop glass shards for the rest of my life than ever see 5 seconds of that abomination ever again.

Haven't seen Eli, saw the others and they rock. Then there's always my favorite supporting role movie he's in - Philadelphia.

I recommend it for sure. Especially if you like post apocalyptic movies like Mad Max, The Post Man, water World or other films similar to that. It does have a very Christian religious sub text.

I recommend it for sure. Especially if you like post apocalyptic movies like Mad Max, The Post Man, water World or other films similar to that. It does have a very Christian religious sub text.

I'm sorry, that doesn't really exist.

Lol. I know that was a hated film. I guess that is one of my unpopular film related opinions. I really love Water World. Book of Eli is not like that other than it being a post apocalyptic based film.

I liked Water World a lot too.

The Book of Eli is a cool movie, and it's twist(s) are fun because they're both open to interpretation and debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"