State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
It annoys me that MCCU basically takes any character with a shiny stone like object and names it an infinity gem just to cover their giant plotholes and the fact that they didn't plan jack for their MCCU.

Meh... open to your own opinions of course. but outside of how the trailers played out with music. SS and GOTG are nothing alike. I'm betting it will be obviously clear once the film comes out.

I remember The Expendables doing their trailers with Paradise City and Killer Elite cutting their trailers to Hurricane 2000.

Ensemble action movies have been cutting trailers to classic rock since always. But of course Marvel get all the credit.

Did Apocalypse Now do that with Gimme Shelter?

It annoys me that MCCU basically takes any character with a shiny stone like object and names it an infinity gem just to cover their giant plotholes and the fact that they didn't plan jack for their MCCU.

You know, I can kinda see what you mean by this to an extent. Let me start off by saying GOTG is my favorite Marvel film so far with AOU in a close 2nd, but I think GOTG missed a huge opportunity for the perfect tie in with the Marvel cinematic universe and especially The Avengers. I'm aware they tied it in with the infinity stone and what not, but I've always felt they could have either started the film or ended the film showing the scene from The Avengers with IronMan taking the nuke into space or the other dimension or whatever it was show him releasing then of course falling back out and linked some of the films events to this. But of course that is just my opinion and what I would have liked to have seen.

I am perfectly fine with most of them because they are macguffins that the characters are actively seeking out. The one that bugs me is the Mind Gem. I just don't believe based on his behavior in the other films that Thanos would just casually give away an Infinity Gem to Loki.

Without a shred of doubt, I am probably the only guy on the face of this planet who was unimpressed with Spiderman 2 (most certainly the only guy on the Hype who agrees so)

Without a shred of doubt, I am probably the only guy on the face of this planet who was unimpressed with Spiderman 2 (most certainly the only guy on the Hype who agrees so)

Looking back I don't care much for the Raimi films, though I liked 2 originally. But I do not understand what makes it better than 1 (not because 1 is the best or the worst) or why is this one so great overall?

Looking back I don't care much for the Raimi films, though I liked 2 originally. But I do not understand what makes it better than 1 (not because 1 is the best or the worst) or why is this one so great overall?

I think Spider-Man 2 is generally accepted as better than the first because it improved on mostly everything. I love the first one almost as much as the second, but 2 had better acting, a more compelling story, and a more interesting villain. The only factor that didn't improve was Kirsten Dunst. She was good in the first one but then she looked more and more bored in both sequels.

The way they defeat Dr Doom in the first Fantastic Four movie is actually pretty clever, making good use of each member's powers. Too bad it was used in one mediocre film and was so damn rushed.

Well, uh, what if I were to tell you that Spiderman 2 is actually my least liked of the current 5 Spiderman films, and that the 2002 original is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time?

Quicksilver-You-Didnt-See-That-Coming.jpg

I actually enjoyed Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer. Didn't like the first movie and haven't even bothered with the newest film.

I think Spider-Man 2 is generally accepted as better than the first because it improved on mostly everything. I love the first one almost as much as the second, but 2 had better acting, a more compelling story, and a more interesting villain. The only factor that didn't improve was Kirsten Dunst. She was good in the first one but then she looked more and more bored in both sequels.

I dunno I don't see it as an improvement really, they both feel kind of equal to me. Though the entire story with Peter & MJ is so annoying. I want you, nope now I dont and finally oh you left your fiance for me, yeah now I want you. Some god damn sitcom/Ross & Rachel ********. I'm sorry but it is tedious.

Well, uh, what if I were to tell you that Spiderman 2 is actually my least liked of the current 5 Spiderman films, and that the 2002 original is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time?

Really? Wow. So you like it less than both ASM films? Which I have no problem with cause I actually like those, 2 included, more than the Raimi films.

Really? Wow. Man on Fire is probably my favorite Denzel Washington film.

I wasn't a big fan of Man on Fire either.

I'll give Bourne another go before the new installment, but Identity and from what I've seen of Supremacy just didn't impress me too much.

I love spy films. I just don't know why Bourne didn't click with me.

I'll give Bourne another go before the new installment, but Identity and from what I've seen of Supremacy just didn't impress me too much.

I love spy films. I just don't know why Bourne didn't click with me.

Haven't seen them still and don't really care to.

I'd say Book of Eli is my favorite DW movie. Followed by either Man on fire. John Q. And training day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"