Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

'Stranger Things' Season 4 Coming Soon, Teases Shawn Levy - Variety

“To state the incredibly obvious, it’s been way, way, way, way too long, and it’s coming,” promises “Stranger Things” producer Shawn Levy of the highly anticipated Season 4.

Audiences last saw the residents of Hawkins in 2019 for the epic showdown against the Mind Flayer at the Starcourt Mall. The Season 3 finale closed with the beloved Jim Hopper (David Harbour) seemingly dead, the Byers family leaving town and the Russians’ facility destroyed…at least for now.

“Stranger Things” Season 4 is one of Netflix’s most anticipated titles, and after a delay in production due to the pandemic, Levy says he has spent the last couple of months shooting a large chunk of the season.

“I shot in Lithuania right before the pandemic. We have filmed in Georgia, Lithuania and New Mexico, so suffice to say Season 4 is sprawling,” he says. “It’s visually and narratively very ambitious, much more ambitious than the prior three seasons.”

“The delay is due in large measure to COVID and the pace at which we have to work to do so safely, but it also happens to be the season that we chose to go much bigger. It’s the scale of this season and the multi-settings of Season 4,” he adds.

Audiences got a glimpse of what’s to come when a teaser trailer released in May, showing things had gone awry since the Season 3 finale. For one, Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) appears to be locked behind a door in the very sort of institution she was raised in. “Eleven, are you listening?” a voice says, causing her eyes to shoot wide open. The voice is assumed to be Papa, a.k.a. Dr. Martin Brenner, the former scientist at the U.S. Department of Energy who raised test subjects at Hawkins Lab, including Eleven.

The scale takes time to do it right. For now, Levy says, “It’s coming soon enough. And as for when exactly that will be announced — quite soon.”

Didn't know they were still shooting this thing lol

I'm expecting the next cast pics they'll look like this

iu

damn Lucas got old…

The Collider article got updated and unfortunately, we won’t be getting a release date announcement!

While we initially interpreted Levy's comments to mean a release date announcement would "be known" within the next 10 days, we now understand that's not what he meant. The EP said whatever this announcement is would come with "a little taste of something" but not a full trailer. Indeed, the first teaser for Stranger Things Season 4 was released in February 2020, confirming that David Harbour’s Hopper was indeed alive and living in a Russian prison. And then in May 2020, another teaser was released but with no new information about Season 4.

I hope by 2022 they mean January 1st like when they dropped Cobra Kai season 3. It would fit their pattern of releasing them on or around holidays.

Hmm...

Christmas or New Years themed?

Any set BTS show snow?

the weather in the trailer doesn’t look like winter. so probably spring-summer.
Unless they change it, to release it on the same holiday of thr fictional story (season 2 on halloween, season 3 on independence day)

Well I guess I'm gonna do my first rewatch of the entire show! It's been a while, can't remember a lot of the early stuff. Perfect pre-Halloween material.

Wonder how much time will pass by between season 3 & 4 because Lucas looks much, MUCH different. Had to check if it was even the same actor lol

All I want is a release date. That's it. No trailer, no stills, they can save all that for the premiere. Is that too much to ask?

All I want is a release date. That's it. No trailer, no stills, they can save all that for the premiere. Is that too much to ask?

it’s a better build up for excitement, than for NWH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"