Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

I wonder if the Duffer brothers will get Jason Patric a role in the next season. Patric was the lead in a season of their previous show Wayward Pines and is another actor who became prominent in the eighties.

So far their intent is to try and not introduce new characters in the last season which I honestly think would be for the best.

Yeah I don't foresee them introducing any new major characters for the final season. I am expecting at least one long-forgotten character to come back, namely Eight. Regardless of how people felt about that plotline in season 2 it's still too much of a loose end to leave untied. It'd also be cool for Mr. Clarke to come back since he was completely absent from season 4. But if there's any room at all for a new character played by an '80s movie star, it'd be cool to see another ex-Goonie turn up in the show.

I'm talking about Ke-Huy Quan.

image-1.jpeg

Yeah I don't foresee them introducing any new major characters for the final season. I am expecting at least one long-forgotten character to come back, namely Eight. Regardless of how people felt about that plotline in season 2 it's still too much of a loose end to leave untied. It'd also be cool for Mr. Clarke to come back since he was completely absent from season 4. But if there's any room at all for a new character played by an '80s movie star, it'd be cool to see another ex-Goonie turn up in the show.

I'm talking about Ke-Huy Quan.

image-1.jpeg
Haha yep, might make an exception for him.

Fits with the episode pattern.

S1: 8
S2: 9
S3: 8
S4: 9
S5: 8

LOL they aren't doing that again. I think the only reason they did that in 4 was because it had been so delayed because of the pandemic and they wanted to just give fans 12 hours of ST. Otherwise I feel like a lot would have been trimmed, like a good deal of the Russian subplot, maybe some of the jock stuff in Hawkins, etc.

And the Duffers already confirmed that they wanted to shorten the episode length in season 5, so it's not really anything to worry about.

Last edited:
LOL they aren't doing that again. I think the only reason they did that in 4 was because it had been so delayed because of the pandemic and they wanted to just give fans 12 hours of ST. Otherwise I feel like a lot would have been trimmed, like a good deal of the Russian subplot, maybe some of the jock stuff in Hawkins, etc.
As a fan I think I would have preferred the Russia subplot was massively trimmed and the jock stuff killed off early on if they weren’t going to end up helping. Don’t want them coming back as antagonists near the finale.

And the Russos already confirmed that they wanted to shorten the episode length in season 5, so it's not really anything to worry about.
You mean the Duffers :hehe:

Eight episodes seems fair, nor do they need to be the length of season 4's episodes. There's not as much work that needs to be done in order to set up different aspects. They can just jump right in.

You mean the Duffers :hehe:

Eight episodes seems fair, nor do they need to be the length of season 4's episodes. There's not as much work that needs to be done in order to set up different aspects. They can just jump right in.
Dyslexia strikes again. :doh:

And yeah, I remember the Duffers discussing in an interview that season 5 wouldn't have the gradual build-up and immediately jump onto finding Vecna which is a good sign.

Haha, I was actually looking it up in case the Russos directed some episodes.

As a fan I think I would have preferred the Russia subplot was massively trimmed and the jock stuff killed off early on if they weren’t going to end up helping. Don’t want them coming back as antagonists near the finale.
The endgame for the jock subplot was to give an excuse for
Lucas not to be able to snap Max out of the trance the second time. Yeah they were also hunting Eddie but given Eddie and the jocks never really had a confrontation their whole presence seemed pointless for the most part. Either way, they won't be back since the leader got split in half when Vecna caused the rift.

The subplot with the jocks was a great vehicle for Lucas' character arc in the season and a way to examine the Satanic Panic of the 80's. It's one of my favorite story threads in S4.

Regarding length in Season 5, it should be noted that the Duffers have said they're intending for it to be shorter than S4 but that that could change as they break and write the scripts. They didn't intend S4 to end up being as long as it was when they started but it got larger and larger as they worked on it. That could very well happen with S5. I would expect the finale at least to be 2 hours. I also wouldn't be surprised if Netflix breaks up the release again since it worked like gangbusters last time.

I’m in the middle of watching someone’s reaction to the season of Stranger Things on YouTube, and something just occurred to me about Hopper and what they might do with his character in the final season.

All of this time, everyone thought he was dead. I also imagine, in regards to the whole mall situation last season, some rumors probably spread about Russians doing stuff under cover within the town without everyone’s knowledge. Months later, all of the sudden, he shows back up as if nothing happened. A lot of those same people will probably start getting really suspicious towards him, maybe even think that he was brainwashed by the Russians and then planted in Hawkins as a Russian spy, and start spreading rumors amongst the townsfolk. Combine that with the whole Satanic Panic craze going on in the town sparked by the whole Eddie Munson situation and the town being invaded by the Upside Down, and you have a recipe for a bunch of people out for blood looking for another scapegoat. I mean, we saw how susceptible a good number of them were already. It’s not hard to imagine that they would go along with that, with the Red Scare being such a prominent worry throughout the show.

I can totally see his arc next season being having to deal with the mistrust of the town and him trying to win everybody back by helping to save it from the actual threat of the Upside Down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"