Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Ah, so the Monitor was what that "Mystery Kryptonian" casting call was for.

Last edited:
So much for the mystery Kryptonian theory, but I'll take Monitor and hope the Anti-Monitor will be in it as well.

I would like to see multiple versions of Superman - Golden-Age, Kingdom Come, Red Sun, and Earth-2.

I have a feeling Batwoman may not come from either Earth-1 or Earth-38.

I think Supergirl, Flash, and Green Arrow will team-up with Batwoman and deal with that Arkham Asylum doctor while Superman and the rest of the heroes (sans Legends) will go through the Multiverse to search for them and deal with the Monitor.

I wonder if they are wanting to set the seeds for an Infinite Crisis sometime down the road.

So long as they do it justice and not 'water it down' as The Flash did with Flashpoint.
But knowing CW they will probably 'water it down' if they were doing the Crisis as they simply don't have the budget for it. Flashpoint was underwhelming as it was resolved in one episode so I'm sure if they were doing the Crisis event then it will be a 3 night crossover with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl.

It would need to be a completely separate show IMHO. something outside of the current five shows that airs midseason, but i cannot see the CW going for that or holding off on 5 shows to air one

But knowing CW they will probably 'water it down' if they were doing the Crisis as they simply don't have the budget for it. Flashpoint was underwhelming as it was resolved in one episode so I'm sure if they were doing the Crisis event then it will be a 3 night crossover with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl.

I think they've mostly learnt from that mistake TBH.

Anyone expecting anything remotely resembling a faithful adaptation of Crisis on Infinite Earths is setting themselves up for disappointment in a major way. The Arrowverse has never done anything like that with their adaptations, and I think by now it's safe to say they never will. It will be "watered down" to an extreme degree, imo, or even just take a couple of choice elements of it and that's it.

I also agree it's starting to sound like Batwoman will come from a totally different Earth, which would give them an easy out for their "where's Batman?" problem.

I also agree it's starting to sound like Batwoman will come from a totally different Earth, which would give them an easy out for their "where's Batman?" problem.

Maybe…

But would that mean the (hypothetical) spinoff series takes place in this alternative reality too? Or might events in “Elseworlds” cause Batwoman to relocate to either Earth 1 or 38? And if that happens, does this somehow avoid the “where’s Batman?” problem?

I realise they would have to streamline it considerably but to me that's not the same as 'watering it down'. It should still be (and feel like) a big event.

I think they've mostly learnt from that mistake TBH.

Let's hope so! :up:

I realise they would have to streamline it considerably but to me that's not the same as 'watering it down'. It should still be (and feel like) a big event.
I have no doubt that it will be treated and advertised like a big event. I guess what I'm saying that it will probably be similar to how the The Flash sort of adapted Flashpoint and that it will just be "okay but forgettable" to me. But I'm hoping that they will be able to pull it off and prove me wrong.

I have no doubt that it will be treated and advertised like a big event. I guess what I'm saying that it will probably be similar to how the The Flash sort of adapted Flashpoint and that it will just be "okay but forgettable" to me. But I'm hoping that they will be able to pull it off and prove me wrong.
:up:

I think they're going to need more than three nights! This sounds like a season's worth of All-Stars!

Cool they're apparently doing the Crisis story line and it certainly revives the theory that they may merge the shows into one universe. Maybe not, but maybe! But that should be a season's worth rather than three nights, if that is what they are doing. Still, I could see them just pulling certain 'threads' of that story line and making those the main plot, and possibly keeping Crisis for a later event.

I think they're going to need more than three nights! This sounds like a season's worth of All-Stars!

Cool they're apparently doing the Crisis story line and it certainly revives the theory that they may merge the shows into one universe. Maybe not, but maybe! But that should be a season's worth rather than three nights, if that is what they are doing. Still, I could see them just pulling certain 'threads' of that story line and making those the main plot, and possibly keeping Crisis for a later event.
I think they will keep the Earths separate due to Black Lightning being its own thing and that BL is not constrained by continuity within the Arrowverse.

BL has already been confirmed as not being in the arrowverse in regards to the four other shows. Unless that changes, which it may, whatever happens with SG, Flash, Arrow and Legends are separate.

I know that Black Lightning is not part of Arrowverse. I was merely saying that I wouldn't want BL's Earth to combine with Earth One if they were doing a Crisis, that's all.

I know that Black Lightning is not part of Arrowverse. I was merely saying that I wouldn't want BL's Earth to combine with Earth One if they were doing a Crisis, that's all.

I hope they keep is separate too, if only because I don't see the need to have them all sharing the same continuity. Let BL do his own thing without being tied down in any way to the other Arrowverse shows.

Luckily, filming on the other side of the country helps prevent crossovers.

Supergirl is in serious trouble in new s4 set pictures

gallery-1538394375-bguk-1353924-025-acdpb670.jpg

gallery-1538394379-bguk-1353924-009-acdpb600.jpg

Yup, those masks are still creepy.

I hope they keep is separate too, if only because I don't see the need to have them all sharing the same continuity. Let BL do his own thing without being tied down in any way to the other Arrowverse shows.
Black Lightning can remain separate - it just needs to take place on (yet another) Earth. There's at least 39 of them out there, and a crossover could simply include Black Lightning in Arrow/Flash/Supergirl without the specific need to include Ollie, Barry or Kara on Black Lightning.

I hope the characters meet at some point, though I'm not in any rush for them to get there.

This seems like more of a catch-all trailer than for any specific episode:

I wonder if Doctor Who's series-best US ratings this season are gonna affect Supergirl. They're in the same timeslot and I feel like they appeal to much of the same demo. Doctor Who pulled a .45 in the demo this past week, and they're not on a broadcast network.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"