Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

I would love to see a Supergirl prequel tv show based on the episode Midvale because the actresses who played young Kara and Alex nailed it. Produce it for either CW Seed or the DC Universe.

I wouldn't mind another flashback episode in Midvale where they can base it on the Supergirl comics storyline, Being Super.

CW President states that they haven't hit their superhero saturation point. 1st wave would be Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. 2nd wave would be Black Lightning and Batwoman if she gets a series order. They need two more to fill that second wave.

For the Crisis, you have to include Legends and need to bring back Rip Hunter as he has a role in the Crisis.

If they haven't yet filled their super quota, then I would love to see Erica Durance get a series as Super Woman!

It’s a little early to be making plans for Melissa’s departure guys, lol. Even if my prediction comes true and she leaves when her contract is up, that would still give her 3 more seasons after this one. Who knows what state DCTV will be in at that stage. CW ratings continue to drop yearly, WB will have their own streaming service up at that point, DCU will have debuted several of their other live-action series, Supergirl may have her own movie out or on the horizon...the landscape could be totally different. It might feel like time for the show to end, for all we know. I’d prefer to see it end strong than outstay it’s welcome or drag stuff out the way I feel Smallville and Arrow have done.

It’s a little early to be making plans for Melissa’s departure guys, lol. Even if my prediction comes true and she leaves when her contract is up, that would still give her 3 more seasons after this one. Who knows what state DCTV will be in at that stage. CW ratings continue to drop yearly, WB will have their own streaming service up at that point, DCU will have debuted several of their other live-action series, Supergirl may have her own movie out or on the horizon...the landscape could be totally different. It might feel like time for the show to end, for all we know. I’d prefer to see it end strong than outstay it’s welcome or drag stuff out the way I feel Smallville and Arrow have done.

We should make plans for Ruby Rose's departure too. :o

If the show does last past her contract, and she decides to go, then I would like to see a version of Powergirl stepping into the role
I suppose, if I came to it, they could throw in a story where Kara is time displaced and comes back older, or where she meets an older version of herself (Power Girl) who chooses to honour Kara's death by taking her place if that makes sense?

CW President states that they haven't hit their superhero saturation point. 1st wave would be Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. 2nd wave would be Black Lightning and Batwoman if she gets a series order. They need two more to fill that second wave.
Wouldn't Stargirl fall under wave three too?

For the Crisis, you have to include Legends and need to bring back Rip Hunter as he has a role in the Crisis.
There's many elements of the show that don't quite follow the comics, heck, just look at Barry's Flashpoint. I can't see them bringing back Rip; his story was told.

We should make plans for Ruby Rose's departure too.
You joke, but if there's one person that I can't quite see staying committed to the role, it's her. Maybe I'm too much of a sceptic.

All speculation of course, as I certainly don't want to see the show end anytime soon. But at some point it will, and I'd like to see it handed off to a character who can then continue the mythos.

I suppose, if I came to it, they could throw in a story where Kara is time displaced and comes back older, or where she meets an older version of herself (Power Girl) who chooses to honour Kara's death by taking her place if that makes sense?

I think they could easily do it by having an alternate Earth Kara show up on 38. On 38 she was stuck in the Phantom Zone, but there could be a universe where she did reach Earth the same time as Kal-el, and so she would be older than our current Kara Danvers. You could even use elements of the comic where she came from an Earth with a good Lex, but that world was destroyed.

Though I would not want Supergirl to die in order to do it.

I didn't count Stargirl because she will be for the DC Universe streaming, not CW. Basically the shows I mentioned are CW only.

Rip must be used for the Crisis.

I also agree about Supergirl on Sundays as it's not working for me either.

Just some Art

melissa_benoist_cw_power_girl_by_imwithstoopid13_dc09o1x-pre.jpg

Just some Art

Awesome cool!! I luvs it!:wowe:

A nice blend and homage between the Supergirl and Powergirl costumes without being too flashy, if you know where I mean.;)

Where'd it come from?

Just some Art

I would rather someone else played Power Girl than Melissa, to be quite honest. I don't think she needs to look exactly like her. Besides, would an alternate universe version of a person always look exactly the same? Wouldn't part of how they turn out be to do with nurture as well as nature? Someone in other circumstances could put on a lot of weight, for example.

Do all identical twins always end up identical? Has there ever been a case of one twin becoming overweight while the other remains slim?

I suppose one could put on a lot of muscle though. Why should both twins become muscular unless both have actually worked out? One twin doing exercise or weight lifting can't mean results for the both of them!

There was a discussion a while back about an older version of Kara and who would play her.

For that image though, we can just imagine that is a young Powergirl, before she got older and then met her younger self.

Man, would I love to see that!

There was a discussion a while back about an older version of Kara and who would play her.

For that image though, we can just imagine that is a young Powergirl, before she got older and then met her younger self.

Man, would I love to see that!

Where was this discussion? I don't know if I remember it or not.

On another note, does anyone think that in a near-future episode, Chyler is going to end up making Supergirl cry?

Last episode she said that she didn't ever think that Supergirl was vulnerable in her life, inside or out, because she's the girl of steel. Kara tried to hide her hurt, but at some point if Chyler says some hurtful things, then Kara being the soft-hearted girl that she is, could easily get emotional and break down in tears. And then Chyler might wonder why on earth Supergirl is crying.

She might wonder why other people have done or said things to Supergirl but not elicited that reaction, but somehow she does. It would seem to be a very personal reaction that only someone close to you would respond in that way.

I would like to see a scene like that, and seeing a totally vulnerable Supergirl reacting in that very human way towards Chyler. And we know that Melissa acts these scenes well.

Where was this discussion? I don't know if I remember it or not.

On another note, does anyone think that in a near-future episode, Chyler is going to end up making Supergirl cry?

Oh, I don't know where it is now. Lost somewhere in the dreaded thread jungle!

As to Supergirl crying in response to something Alex says or does, I too would like to see that. Melissa does crying really well!:D

Maybe brought on by something about family, such as with the Danvers or something about her Aunt.

Awesome cool!! I luvs it!:wowe:

A nice blend and homage between the Supergirl and Powergirl costumes without being too flashy, if you know where I mean.;)

Where'd it come from?
Oh I know what you mean. ;) It's also from a DeviantArt user by the name of ImWithStoopid13.

I would rather someone else played Power Girl than Melissa, to be quite honest. I don't think she needs to look exactly like her. Besides, would an alternate universe version of a person always look exactly the same? Wouldn't part of how they turn out be to do with nurture as well as nature? Someone in other circumstances could put on a lot of weight, for example.
I think you're reading too much into this. :p I only posted it because I thought it was good, and relative. I don't think we'll ever see Melissa as Power Girl, and nor should we (at least, not without a little aging makeup).

I don't think it would be disrespectful to recast her if she was leaving by her own decision. If they made it a fluid move, with another actress stepping in to assume the Supergirl mantle then I could see it.

But I don't see Benoist leaving for another few years. If she likes playing Supergirl and they keep giving her time to do side projects, then I could see her staying until the show has reached its end.

If the show does last past her contract, and she decides to go, then I would like to see a version of Powergirl stepping into the role
Whilst I wouldn't object to this, by doing so they'd have to replace each and every other character (except for maybe Jonn). By simply making Kara older, then can still utilize the other characters, just make it so that Kara landed on Earth at a younger period, and was the big sister, opposed to the younger sister of Alex.
Have Kara caught in a vortex time displacement or something that essentially de-ages her. You cast Izabela Vidovic full time as Kara. She takes up her old job, but to hide the weirdness, she takes up the name Linda Danvers, masquerading as a cousin of Kara and Alex. The rest of the cast is the same.

Have Kara caught in a vortex time displacement or something that essentially de-ages her. You cast Izabela Vidovic full time as Kara. She takes up her old job, but to hide the weirdness, she takes up the name Linda Danvers, masquerading as a cousin of Kara and Alex. The rest of the cast is the same.

Don't want the rest of the cast the same, because the actress who played the young Chyler was so good as well that I'd want her too.

Don't want the rest of the cast the same, because the actress who played the young Chyler was so good as well that I'd want her too.
If you'd want to drop Supergirl and do a prequel series of sorts, I'd be interested. Or maybe all characters minds are sent back in time to their younger selves, ala Days Of Future Past and they can all have to operate through High School and/or College again. Or maybe Alex gets de-aged along with Kara.

If you do a prequel series, it can be told from the perspective of adult Alex and narrated by Chyler Leigh.

IF they ever did any de-aging, then I would only want it to happen to Kara. I think leaving Alex as an adult would put her right back into the 'big' sister role. It would put yet another twist in their relationship, esp with where they are at now, which is something we don't know yet how they are going to resolve.

But, all just thought exorcises, seeing as I don't think they would ever actually do that.

So what ever happened to Winn and their whole "we have a big storyline for him"

Schedules were ironed out, and it would disrupt the flow of the story they are trying to tell. Next year is more likely for things to work out.

Supergirl In Danger Of Being Cancelled Due To Low Ratings

Supergirl In Danger Of Being Cancelled Due To Low Ratings
Another speculative article? I think you need a new source. :p What stood out here is that mention of a Superman show replacing Supergirl. That just isn't going to happen. Superman and Batman are two characters that WB simply aren't going to throw into the small screen as main characters. We're damn lucky we even got the Superman cameo.

Ain't happening. SG is one of the top 5 shows on the network, gets easily better ratings than Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow, and better viewership and DVR-ratings than Arrow (which, the CW is one of the only networks more interested in the DVR-viewing than live viewers because the netlet exists as a vessel for syndication/other platforms). If it ends, it will be because Melissa doesn't want to renew her contract (which actually DOES seem like a strong possibility, for the record).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"