Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

If she were to leave, then I would rather a new hero step up to take up the role, such as a younger-fied version or a Powergirl type. Shows have transitioned from one leading actor/tress to another before.

Get the younger actress who played Kara before to come back and play a teenage version.

Supergirl In Danger Of Being Cancelled Due To Low Ratings

This new source seems to have suddenly gotten a lot of "sources" and are just becoming pure clickbait.

If she were to leave, then I would rather a new hero step up to take up the role, such as a younger-fied version or a Powergirl type. Shows have transitioned from one leading actor/tress to another before.

Why transition it to a new character? There is no use in keeping the show running if Melissa is gone, just create a new show with a female lead, not like they are losing anything by starting fresh.

Why transition it to a new character? There is no use in keeping the show running if Melissa is gone, just create a new show with a female lead, not like they are losing anything by starting fresh.
I suspect, in part, it would be to do with the cast and crew involved on Supergirl. If Melissa goes, would they have to go too? Or would the CW be able to relaunch the show under a different name? The Martian Manhunter? Power Girl maybe (though they'd have to first introduce her and then give a reason why Supergirl has moved on), or maybe something to do with the DEO, similar to how Legends works; more about a team than a specific hero?

I suspect, in part, it would be to do with the cast and crew involved on Supergirl. If Melissa goes, would they have to go too? Or would the CW be able to relaunch the show under a different name? The Martian Manhunter? Power Girl maybe (though they'd have to first introduce her and then give a reason why Supergirl has moved on), or maybe something to do with the DEO, similar to how Legends works; more about a team than a specific hero?

Shows come vto an end all the time. If they resent to transition some characters over that's fine but cast and crew isn't a good reason to keep the show going without its star. And I'm sure half the cast would want to leave anyway.

Shows come vto an end all the time. If they resent to transition some characters over that's fine but cast and crew isn't a good reason to keep the show going without its star. And I'm sure half the cast would want to leave anyway.
Whilst that may be true, it doesn't stop them from not wrapping a show up.

Look at Legends, Rip Hunter was the lead on that (somewhat) for Series 1, and he's no longer a part of it, and yet the show continues. All of the Legends are expendable as far as characters go - the show could quite easily continue on if any of them were to bite it.

In the case of Supergirl, whilst they'd obviously have to rebrand the show, the other stories can continue. It's not even as though they'd need to kill Kara off; if Melissa wanted out, there'd be nothing to stop say, a DEO show from having Kara put in the odd appearance. It wouldn't be her show any more, but she could still feature in it; similar to how Wally (occasionally) shows up in the Flash, or how Superman shows up on Supergirl.

Whilst that may be true, it doesn't stop them from not wrapping a show up.

Look at Legends, Rip Hunter was the lead on that (somewhat) for Series 1, and he's no longer a part of it, and yet the show continues. All of the Legends are expendable as far as characters go - the show could quite easily continue on if any of them were to bite it.

In the case of Supergirl, whilst they'd obviously have to rebrand the show, the other stories can continue. It's not even as though they'd need to kill Kara off; if Melissa wanted out, there'd be nothing to stop say, a DEO show from having Kara put in the odd appearance. It wouldn't be her show any more, but she could still feature in it; similar to how Wally (occasionally) shows up in the Flash, or how Superman shows up on Supergirl.

Legends is an ensemble show through and through so it's easily comparable to SG. Yeah they don't have to kill her off but end the show and start fresh with LoSH.

If that ever happened, why shut down an entire show plus production only to restart another? Everything is already in place, actors, writers, directors, sets... Just switching a lead would be a lot easier than going through a whole mess like that.

Personally, if it ever happened, I would favor the character going through an age-change. Imagine, Alex finally being a mother to a suddenly once again teen Kara!:D:

If that ever happened, why shut down an entire show plus production only to restart another? Everything is already in place, actors, writers, directors, sets... Just switching a lead would be a lot easier than going through a whole mess like that.

Personally, if it ever happened, I would favor the character going through an age-change. Imagine, Alex finally being a mother to a suddenly once again teen Kara!:D:

Because it's a new show. When you end a show they dont automatically demolish sets. You need new contracts, new budget, you can hire the same production and writers. Then why end any of these shows instead of just focusing on someone new in their place?

Does she de-age emotionally as well or is she just adult Kara in a younger body? Because if so, why does Chyler have to be a mother if it's only a physical change?

Because it's a new show. When you end a show they dont automatically demolish sets. You need new contracts, new budget, you can hire the same production and writers. Then why end any of these shows instead of just focusing on someone new in their place?

Thing is, I'm not talking about an old show wrapped around a new super hero. I'm talking about an old show wrapped around a new version of the main hero. In that instance, I would see no reason to completely end one, rather than simply morph the main character into that of the new actor.

Does she de-age emotionally as well or is she just adult Kara in a younger body? Because if so, why does Chyler have to be a mother if it's only a physical change?

Emotionally too. Having a younger actress but acting mature could have some comical moments, but I think it would be wasting the opportunity of showing a young Kara. It could include a memory wipe similar to what Alex endured, but leaving tidbits of memory so she doesn't feel too disconnected.

As to Alex, we've seen them as sisters, and they are great at portraying that relationship. But doing this would answer Alex's desire to be a mother, and would also put a nice twist on her relationship with Kara. I think it would be a great transformation in what they have, especially to watch it morph from a sisterly relationship to parent and teen. And of course why wouldn't it be Alex, since both actresses already have such a great rapport, and Alex is her closest family already?

Of course, all pie in the sky. More than likely, this would never happen, but I'd like to see it.

I don’t usually do the shipping thing but I ship Nia and Brainy. I think their really cute lol. Am I alone with that ship.

I don’t usually do the shipping thing but I ship Nia and Brainy. I think their really cute lol. Am I alone with that ship.

Not alone. As I understand, in the comics, Kara and Brainy end up together in the future, but I would much rather see him with Nia. You are right, they would make a cute couple.

A tribute to Jon Cryer, but also Supergirl’s version of Superman IV.

YVR Shoots tweeted that someone has a new superhero suit in the season finale.

So what happened to that Russian Supergirl? They haven’t explained ANYTHING about her unless I missed it. I mean it was a big cliffhanger last season and it seems they dropped it in favor of their political stance

So what happened to that Russian Supergirl? They haven’t explained ANYTHING about her unless I missed it. I mean it was a big cliffhanger last season and it seems they dropped it in favor of their political stance
They’ve said from the beginning that she would be a big part of the later portion of the season. I see no reason to believe that’s changed. Especially since the last time we saw her, she was having medical trouble and the Russians were calling their “friend in America” for help with her. I suspect that’s going to tie her into this Lex plot in some way.

They know the ratings will spike up if Superman comes back

No surprise about Superman not returning as they're saving him likely for the next season and Crisis On Infinite Earths.

So both Superman and Winn Schott Jr will not return for the season and are pushed back to next season.

It’s such a missed opportunity to not have Superman and Lex face off on this show. But it doesn’t surprise me with this show at all.

Superman and Lex faced off for over a decade in the history of this show. They were already mortal enemies when Kara was still in high school. This ain't their story, nor should it be.

Superman and Lex faced off for over a decade in the history of this show. They were already mortal enemies when Kara was still in high school. This ain't their story, nor should it be.

Then why use Lex at all? They’ve been teasing Lex and Superman on this show for a long time aswell. Most notably in the episodes Luthors. To me this is just Supergirl pilfering from Superman yet again.

I’ll also add there are easy ways to have Superman and Lex square off without it taking anything away from Kara or her stories. The writers are the ones who constantly struggle with that sort of thing which is why I often point out how poor they are.

I would've at least liked a flashback of Jon Cryer facing off against Tyler Hoechlin. Maybe we could get a whole flashback episode one day though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"