The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Hey guys.

Did any of you guys see this article on Entertainment Tonight?? Supposedly there are Easter eggs about the sequel in the scene where Gwen is giving a tour at the Oscorp labs, and an Easter egg at the final swing scene. Can't wait to fully examine these once I get the blu-ray!

(http://m.etonline.com/movies/126549_Spider_Man_Sequel_Secrets_Hidden_in_Blu_ray/)

Yeah, the final swing part is interesting. Specifically, Webb is talking about the slow motion shot of Spider-Man posing after he slingshots himself through the crane. I've looked at the slow motion shot for the last 30 minutes and I can't tell anything...

I think they're simply talking about the George Washington Bridge!
the bridge represents Gwen's death, thus foreshadowing the Goblin as one of the villains :)

^^ Yeah I hear that like "OOOMMM" thing. And there's obviously a helicopter? Blimp? In the background. I'm watching on YouTube right now so I can't see clear. What am I missing though??

I think I saw Eddie Brock's name in the Daily Bugle paper...

No idea what the easter eggs are, but it's pretty obvious that Electro is the villain.

"...it's ELECTRIFYING..."

"I like Electro. I like Electro a lot. He's pretty fantastic."

After watching the final swing scene a lot of the shots pay homage to the previous trilogy, you have the first shot which is very reminiscent of the Human Spider's first swing and also the part where he swings down the small alley paying homage to the New Goblin/Peter Parker first encounter.

We're just seeing things
You can also say the crane is a homage to him saving Gwen Stacy in SM3 and how dangling cars are homage to the final battle in SM3 :D :D

Either.

. The pants out to dry, I saw Purple (Goblin)
. The bridge shot (Gwens death by Goblin)

I say Goblin.

But "It's ELECTRIFY" says another thing...

I'm pretty sure I saw Venom in the reflection of his lens.

Oh wait..

:o

Maybe it's the 'Master of the Arcane Arts'? :p

47754981.png

That cloud looks like a skull, right? Or the moon could be his snowglobe head...

Wow, I think you may be right. That's an awfully peculiar thing to have hanging there when they could have just had more normal looking clothing or stuff.

Hey guys. I think I found it. Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bUjYDQE53Ow and pause at around 34 seconds. It's a little blurry/hard to spot in my screenshot due to Spidey moving so fast, but the color scheme looks right. I think it's Electro's costume. AND it's the original '60s one.

iyCaa.png

They're just yellow pants dude.

But I did notice one thing in that shot:

IFME1.png

IT'S A LABCOAT. OH LAWD. THE LIZARD CONFIRMED FOR TASM 2 VILLAIN.

Hey guys I might as well end the speculation. In an interview, the animation supervisor said
"In the very last shot of the film where [Spider-Man] is swinging, gets himself shot out of the crane and he's flying down past the George Washington Bridge and he strikes a pose, there's an Easter Egg -- but I can't tell you any more than that -- for something to come."
30955_457006317674062_1783961447_n.jpg

So Ladies and gentlemen, the easter egg in the final swing is the George Washington Bridge (A.K.A Where Gwen Stacy died)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"