The Dark Knight TDK Joker timeline (based on official photos and the trailer)

He's daring him, he's taunting him.

I'm hoping the "hit me" line means more than that, more than just random fight talk.

I hope it's a big theme. Like Joker trying to get Batman to break his no-killing rule, even if its Joker that dies because of it. Maybe in some sick twisted way Joker things he will have victory if he proves Batman to not be as noble as he claims.

Thoughts?

And of course he'd have to be completely nuts to believe in that logic as well.

"I win if you kill me." :oldrazz:

That's always been a theme with the Joker. Well not ALWAYS, but in recent decades. Joker wants to prove Batman is just as crazy. All he has to prove is that Batman will kill, and then all that honor is out the window. Then they are exactly the same.

A lot of writers use that in their Batman/Joker stories.

That's always been a theme with the Joker. Well not ALWAYS, but in recent decades. Joker wants to prove Batman is just as crazy. All he has to prove is that Batman will kill, and then all that honor is out the window. Then they are exactly the same.

A lot of writers use that in their Batman/Joker stories.

"All it takes is one bad day..."

You guys know the rest.

"All it takes is one bad day..."

You guys know the rest.
Yeah, I was gonna say that, but I know some people aren't totally satisfied with that story as an origin. But that's the idea. In the Joker's mind, all it takes is one bad day to turn The Batman into The Joker. And he'll do whatever he can to prove his point. Even if that means dying, or even if that means killing a whole lotta people.

Sin City paraphrase =)

If you haven't checked the latest update, do so whenever you can - something I'm working on :cwink:

No the Mayor is there in the Trailer when he asks "What have we got?".

yea after i had done my timeline i had noticed how wrong i was with some stuff. i still think i have the main gist of it right though.

umm has anyone noticed that in this photo its obvious that his skin has a white tint to it? Why would the joker leave PART of his makeup on during the assasination scene, just like why wouldnt he dye his hair?

n22424845_34657589_2714.jpg
This pic is great! Who took it? Its a shame that the angle of the window has light reflecting though as you cant get a really decent view of the head

ledgermakeup.jpg

It's clear he is wearing the white make up and the wide mouth lipstick.

I still think its hard to tell, yes there is a pale tone, I dont think there is lipstick though, just the raw skin tone of the scar

Yeah, he is definitely Jokered up in that picture.

So what does it mean? Jokered up, but with neat hair and a clean white shirt? This doesn't make any sense. If he was impersonating a cop, he wouldn't be wearing the lipstick. If he was just being himself, he'd have wild green hair and a purple coat. (Or that garbage bag ;) )

What's he up to?

We need to know the exact circumstance under which that picture was taken. For all we know he was on his way to wardrobe that morning, getting in the car.

So what does it mean? Jokered up, but with neat hair and a clean white shirt? This doesn't make any sense. If he was impersonating a cop, he wouldn't be wearing the lipstick. If he was just being himself, he'd have wild green hair and a purple coat. (Or that garbage bag ;) )

What's he up to?
Yeah. For some reason he has the paint on, but normal clothes. Maybe those are Heath's clothes, I don't know. But i think it's clear that he has white face and lipstick. It looks just like the knife picture to me. But I know that doesn't explain why he has a white shirt and slicked back hair. I'm just saying I think he obviously has his face all painted.

Yeah. For some reason he has the paint on, but normal clothes. Maybe those are Heath's clothes, I don't know. But i think it's clear that he has white face and lipstick. It looks just like the knife picture to me. But I know that doesn't explain why he has a white shirt and slicked back hair. I'm just saying I think he obviously has his face all painted.
It wasnt his own clothes, its a cop costume, someone from the boards was there and saw it, think it was Rorybat maybe, his hair is just slicked back, not cut - and another guy walked straight past him and says he just noticed the huge scar, no Joker makeup - sorry for the vague details but it was posted back in August.

It wasnt his own clothes, its a cop costume, someone from the boards was there and saw it, think it was Rorybat maybe, his hair is just slicked back, not cut - and another guy walked straight past him and says he just noticed the huge scar, no Joker makeup - sorry for the vague details but it was posted back in August.
I know about that. And I saw those blurry pictures in which he appeared to be fleshed toned with just scars. But this picture doesn't look like those pictures. The wardrobe is the same. But here he clearly has Joker make-up on, and that's where the questions begin.

I know about that. And I saw those blurry pictures in which he appeared to be fleshed toned with just scars. But this picture doesn't look like those pictures. The wardrobe is the same. But here he clearly has Joker make-up on, and that's where the questions begin.
If only the person who took the photo got him looking at their damned camera eh lol! Ah well, I suppose the only way to find out is by waiting until July, but until then its fun to speculate:hoboj:

If only the person who took the photo got him looking at their damned camera eh lol! Ah well, I suppose the only way to find out is by waiting until July, but until then its fun to speculate:hoboj:

I think at some point he was dressed as a cop and didn't have any make up on, but in this picture he is clearly dressed as a cop and DOES have make up on.

So... maybe there is a scene before he pretends to be one of them, where he puts on the clothes and is about to wipe off the make-up in the car? Or maybe after he's done doing whatever he was going to do, he really wants to get his "look" back and starts smearing it back on his face? Lol...

Yeah, I was gonna say that, but I know some people aren't totally satisfied with that story as an origin. But that's the idea. In the Joker's mind, all it takes is one bad day to turn The Batman into The Joker. And he'll do whatever he can to prove his point. Even if that means dying, or even if that means killing a whole lotta people.

Sin City paraphrase =)

Besides Joker making it clear the he and Batman are very similar, I think the Joker will be constantly reminding the Bat-man that this is ALL happening because of him. He is the reason Joker exists. We won't see a Joker origin of Batman being near the man who is pre-Joker before he has an accident or something, but I think the theme will be strongly enforced in the film that perhaps Batman is responsible for his creation. Bruce/Batman will be forced to struggle with his actions--if he really is indirectly responsible for all the horrible things the Joker is doing. This is another way that the Joker could be wearing Batman down--mentally, hoping to make him completely lose his mind and become insane like himself.

Given Nolan's directing style of progressing the movie while showing flashbacks, it may be hard to determine the order of events from photos alone.

The biggest question might be if there is an elapsed time from when Joker escapes prison until he shoots Batman off his bike.

When he is in the jail cell, his hair is shorter and styled properly. However, the later pictures all show him with longer hair and the comb over. That may be the biggest clue to the order of events.

He may rob the bank, get arrested, escape prison, go into hiding for a few months and re-surface with a crime syndicate & expanded weapons arsenal.

But Nolan will probably show the Bank scene in flashback format, similar to how Bruce was developed and trained in BB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"