TDKR vs Iron Man 3: Which is the best SH threequel?

I thought the twist was funny and surreal.

My other complaints is what hurt the score.

Man I must be more f**ked up than I thought. For some reason I thought those were IMDB scores :doh: My bad, didn't mean to question your scores.

This poll proved two things :
- Batman, as usual, always wins with prep
- TDKR is overrated

Rises, especially since
Bane doesn't take the mask off and get turned into an asinine joke.

Rises, especially since
Bane doesn't take the mask off and get turned into an asinine joke.

In my view, Bane was a complete joke. You could barely understand anything he said the entire time he was on screen and his last moments on screen saw him crying and needing a hug. His character was thrown away so Talia could have her moment.

Last edited:
In my view, Bane was a complete joke. You could barely understand anything he said the entire time he was on screen and his last moments on screen saw him crying and needing a hug. His character was thrown away so Talia could have her moment.

I could understand him just fine, and his connection to Talia didn't hurt him at all imo.

There's no reasonable way he's a complete joke
in the same sense that Kingsley's Mandarin is.

haha, had a completely opposite reaction to Bane's character. I thought he was awesome. :woot:

Kingsley's Mandarin was much more of a joke than Hardy's Bane.

Hardy's Bane was an actual threat and had to be defeated and was defeated before Talia even made her reveal. Can anyone say Kingsley's Mandarin was a threat? Lol.

^^
Extremis was removed from Pepper.

I suppose she could have helped out in The Avengers 2, lol

It was a joke dude. I am aware of Extremis being removed.

Killian wanted revenge on Stark and part of that plan was Stark ( who is a genius you know ) to help him perfect the virus thus making Stark an accomplice.

Yah, Stark's a genius, we get it...but what we don't get is how Stark is aware of Extremis' mechanics to the point where he understands it. It's nice if you can believe that off a whim, but it's sort of an odd thing when just all of a sudden Stark is aware of how Extremis works.

Note : every tiny detail can be a slap in the face of a fanboy.

Sure, I get that. But it's a slap to the face when Iron Man's Joker or Lex Luthor is a mash-up of another character in the comics.

I was hoping IM3 would take this one and I had zero problem with the twist but TDKR has greater character moments (Batman, Catwoman and Bane), scope and more replay value so it wins this one.

Yes, IM3 is funnier with more ambitious action scenes but ultimately TDKR is more emotionally compelling and involving and IM3 is just too goofy and messy to be well regarded beyond a first viewing.

Agree.

This poll proved two things :
- Batman, as usual, always wins with prep

Always, haha.

- TDKR is overrated

Lulz. No.

Anyone who thinks this is better than TDKR needs to be smacked upside the head. Iron Man 3 was terrible.

I know right? It's almost as if people are allowed opinions differing from yours or something, oh infallible one.

:dry::dry:

Emma Watson....

oh, yah, yah...we're talking about TDKR and IM3....

seriously man, I still get lost in track when I see your avatar :funny:

I like both a lot, but I have to go with TDKR on this one. It's just more epic. Also the twist in TDKR doesn't take me out of the movie like the one in Iron Man 3.

I liked IM3 the best. To me, it was the best third in a series and the best Marvel movie other than AVENGERS. I feel TDKR is one of the most overrated movies out there.

K

Yah, Stark's a genius, we get it...but what we don't get is how Stark is aware of Extremis' mechanics to the point where he understands it. It's nice if you can believe that off a whim, but it's sort of an odd thing when just all of a sudden Stark is aware of how Extremis works.

Stark understood Extremis thoroughly, because he'd spent the night with Maya Hansen discussing it/learning about it (and fornicating). My understanding was that the thing written on the back of the card he'd left her was either the formula to stabilize it, or a way to make it capable of working inside humans. Either way, the fact he'd written it showed he knew the thing inside out. As to how Stark managed to come up with that in a single night, I refer you to the line in The Avengers where Black Widow asked him about when he became and expert in thermo-dynamic-astro-physics (or whatever it was) and he replied "Last night." :D

I know right? It's almost as if people are allowed opinions differing from yours or something, oh infallible one.

:dry::dry:

Seriously. That attitude of "If you don't think the way I do, you must be a total moron." really bugs me. It says a heck of a lot more about the person threatening violence because someone doesn't share their opinion, than it does about the person who disagrees with them. Some people really need to chill out -it's just movies, folks.

I liked IM3 the best. To me, it was the best third in a series and the best Marvel movie other than AVENGERS. I feel TDKR is one of the most overrated movies out there.

Same here. I can rewatch Begins and TDK all day long. But haven't even tried rewatching TDKR since the theater. I was expecting an epic showdown on the streets of Gotham. Instead I got a fight with cops who run right into people shooting at them and a bus load of kids that make up the whole population of Gotham.

I could understand him just fine, and his connection to Talia didn't hurt him at all imo.

There's no reasonable way he's a complete joke
in the same sense that Kingsley's Mandarin is.

Kingsley's Mandarin was a front and I had no problem with that. It was refreshing to see a superhero movie throw a curveball like that. I've never been an IM comic reader but from my understanding Kingsley and Pearce represented two different interpretations of The Mandarin. Kingsley's was the older, more theatrical version while Pearce's character included elements on the modern Mandarin character. In any case, it was refreshing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Same here. I can rewatch Begins and TDK all day long. But haven't even tried rewatching TDKR since the theater. I was expecting an epic showdown on the streets of Gotham. Instead I got a fight with cops who run right into people shooting at them and a bus load of kids that make up the whole population of Gotham.

I have been a batman fan for as long as I can remember. I have always seen the batmovies multiple times in theaters and couldn't wait to get my hands on the vhs/dvd so I could watch them over and over again. There are only two batmovies that I chose to see once in theaters and couldn't have cared less about re-watching. Those two are Batman & Robin and TDKR. I walked out of the theater on B&R for obvious reasons and just was not impressed by TDKR.

Dark Knight Rises for me. Iron Man 3 was okay, but the twist threw me for a loop and had way too much comedy for my taste.

I did find it interesting that BB and TDK was based on graphic novels, but TDKR was a fairly original story, even though there were shades of No Mans Land.

I did find it interesting that BB and TDK was based on graphic novels, but TDKR was a fairly original story, even though there were shades of No Mans Land.

The Dark Knight Returns, No Man's Land and Knightfall were all clearly in TDKR.

For me, it's interesting how the second film of both sets are in third place for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"