TDKR vs Iron Man 3: Which is the best SH threequel?

His detective work time in the film is enough within the film time limit and enough to serve the story of each film well.

My question first before voting on this film (as I liked both of them), are we judging each film based on its solo performance or as part of a trilogy?

BTW:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...omparisons-between-iron-man-and-batman-films/

Continued...

So what's your consensus, Truman Capote?

I'm hearing people say that both suffer from the third movie curse. I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet but I already doubt that. In order for a comic book movie to suffer from that curse, the first movie has to be good and the second movie has to be just as good or better. That is already not the case with the Iron Man franchise. The first one is great while the second one is just ok.

I don't see it that way at all. To me it's just that neither of the 1st two films can be bad. A 2nd movie can be not as good as the first and still be good. Usually means the 1st was great. Indiana Jones trilogy comes to mind here. But in regards to these two movies I'd definitely say that nether broke the curse since I think they're both bad(but for different reasons). But if I had to pick between the two I'd vote IM3.

I thought IM 3 was definitely better than 2, and I'm one of the ones that passionately despised the twist.

Much better action, much better final act and much more all around fun.

2 had Justin Hammer's dancing though, so I guess it is a toss up. :)

TDKR>IM3

I absolutely loved TDKR even with its flaws overall I was satisfied whereas Iron Man 3 fell flat for me on all fronts.

I wish I could say I appreciated the story twist but I actually hated it with a passion and it felt forced. So overall with poor character development for all supporting characters outside of Tony's very impressive character arch, and well shot but generic action sequences IM3 was a huge letdown for me.

TDKR by a mile.

• Superior Villain
• Stronger Story
• Catwoman
• Top-Tier Dialogue
• Supporting Cast

I don't care to see IM3 ever again. I'm not even a Mandarin fan but he certainly deserves more than being [blackout]an angry, oversensitive scientist who is hellbent on revenge because Tony Stark left him hanging.[/blackout] :barf:

I never felt the Iron Man films had the same weight or consequence as the Batman films. Iron Man 1, for example, was just mediocre for me and 2 was just a mess.

Seeing "Iron Man 3", with its fresh direction and surprises in story, made me wonder what the trilogy would've been like if Shane Black helmed it from the get-go. Favreau has his heart in the right place, but everything I've ever seen him direct has been uneven. Everything I've seen from Black has turned convention on its head.

Having said that, I think "TDKR" is better than "IM3" as standalone films, but as threequels, "Iron Man 3" did more for that series than "TDKR". If that makes any sense.

I thought Iron Man 3 was miles better than TDKR. I am not a very big fan of TDKR personally. I really felt TDKR fell apart on itself from the 2nd half onward, while I think IM3 crafted an engaging story and I was entertained throughout.

I never felt the Iron Man films had the same weight or consequence as the Batman films. Iron Man 1, for example, was just mediocre for me and 2 was just a mess.

I don't think they have as much thematic depth, nor are they meant to.

People that think they're better just think they're more fun, which I can understand.

I actually think I may prefer Iron Man over Batman Begins, but TDK and TDKR win the other two rounds.

I liked IM3 the best. To me, it was the best third in a series and the best Marvel movie other than AVENGERS. I feel TDKR is one of the most overrated movies out there.

You said exactly what I was thinking...only in reverse.

Or in the animated series, hell Val kilmers batman came off as smarter than bales.

I will say that Nolan hinted at it being a part of his character. We see him spying on Falcone, Crane and Rachel in the lead-up to his unveiling in BB, as well as apparently Judge Faiden who he already had photographed as "compromised" before Rachel mentioned him in their first meeting.

In TDK, it can be assumed he did some unraveling to figure out Crane and the gangsters were meeting up in that parking garage at the beginning. He likewise was able to take a shattered bullet's fragments in a brick wall and trace fingerpints off of it.

...With all that said, Yeah I agree it is something glossed over. Nolan acknowledged those aspects, at least in the first two movies, but he did not delve into them. His stories were not detective stories and I can see how that may have ruffled some fans about those movies.

Somebody else said Stark did more detective work in his movies than Batman did. And I am actually inclined to agree, parts of TDK notwithstanding. You actually saw him at his Iron Computer, figuring out next moves.

^Don't know if it came from him but the first person I read that from was Scott Mendelson.

Somebody else said Stark did more detective work in his movies than Batman did. And I am actually inclined to agree, parts of TDK notwithstanding. You actually saw him at his Iron Computer, figuring out next moves.

He did more on screen. But Nolan likes the use of implication and short-hand storytelling. Too much, according to his critics. Nevertheless, there is much hinted of his detecting in the first film. But the actual moments onscreen do amount to only a few minutes between two films.

Stark did plenty of detective work in the second film as well such as looking into Vanko's past.

Something that bothered me about IM3 was the false idea of Starks stakes. I suppose he wanted to go into hiding after the attack but laying low didn't keep for all that long especially when it came to the villains awareness of him.

That being said what really bothered me was just how differently that home invasion could have went if the script didn't need it to end that way. He could have ended it with a word.

Then there is the whole Shield situation

Just seems like they wanted to go places without actually earning it. At the same time that first Bat/Bane fight seemed a little contrived.

S.H.I.E.L.D. should have been VERY important in this film.

Something that bothered me about IM3 was the false idea of Starks stakes. I suppose he wanted to go into hiding after the attack but laying low didn't keep for all that long especially when it came to the villains awareness of him.

True. How exactly did the villains find him in that small town anyway?

I also can't figure out why Tony went to take on the Mandarin in Miami by himself. Didn't he call the cops? Why didn't he at least wear a suit to his showdown with such an evil terrorist?

True. How exactly did the villains find him in that small town anyway?

I don't think it would be very hard for a horde of helicopters to spot a metal man launching out of the sea and onto the horizon. Also, they were already in the small town to pick up those files. It just so happened stark crossed paths with them.

I think its mainly cause of picking up those files. They didn't see him fly off, they were looking for a body in the rubble but obviously couldn't find it.

I don't think it would be very hard for a horde of helicopters to spot a metal man launching out of the sea and onto the horizon. Also, they were already in the small town to pick up those files. It just so happened stark crossed paths with them.

Okay, that makes sense.

Spider-Man 3

zu2y40.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"