The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://filmsketchr.blogspot.ch/2012/08/film-sketchr-talks-to-grimm-concept.html#.UZnjf8p0l_U

jerad-s-merantz-grimm-0007-Rhino_pass_2.1.jpg

lose the ears, and make the horn much larger.. and it'd probably be decent.

The hell are people talking about? Seriously still going on with the "actors playing characters that are really OTHER characters" talk? Still fantasizing about Chameleon and now Toomes? I don't get it. I must be missing something...

I'm right there with ya. It's obviously just speculation and fantasizing at this point. No official word of chameleon or kraven lol.

And to the rhino photo, I see where they tried to go. I still prefer R.H.I.N.O. though.

its from the tv show Grimm (2011) i believe, not spiderman

Last edited:
Yes, you are missing something! This is definitely what's going to happen. Osborn (Cooper) hires Chameleon (Massee) to impersonate him as his "public persona" so that Osborn can operate in the shadows as an "Emperor Palpatine" figure. Meanwhile, Colm Feore will be portraying Adrian Toomes (AKA THE VULTURE) who has "big plans" for Rhino (Paul Giamatti). It will then be revealed that Kraven the Hunter (In disguise of course), has also been working undercover at Ravencroft. In the 5th or 6th movie, it will be revealed that Chameleon has actually BEEN Osborn (Cooper) the entire time (double twist). Can't you understand that EVERY bit part and EVERY actor MUST be portraying a major character or villain from the comics? There's NO WAY that they're supporting-or entirely new characters (like Dr. Ratha) who are meant to fulfill a small role in the film.

When I first started reading your post, I honestly thought you were one of the loonies. Well played, sir. :up:

Emma and Andrew kissing outside the shooting while in costume is just adorably lovely.

Spidey in front of the car talking on the cell is so Spidey. I love it. Let's hope the dialogue is fun too.

The "Future" pic from Webb is intriguing...

While I do think both Cooper and Massee are Norman, I think that Norman (Cooper) hires Chameleon or Mysterio to pose as him while the real Norman changes his appearance and assumes a new identity as Oscorp "representative" David Lowell a.k.a. "The Man in the Shadows" (Massee).

Why he'd do this, IDK but it would likely have to do with the death of Peters parents and the aftermath immediately following.

As far as dying Norman goes, I think either him dying was a ruse or that the real Norman is dying while Chameleon Norman is still posing as him, albeit, now sick or as a "cured" Norman.

Yes please!

Yes, you are missing something! This is definitely what's going to happen. Osborn (Cooper) hires Chameleon (Massee) to impersonate him as his "public persona" so that Osborn can operate in the shadows as an "Emperor Palpatine" figure. Meanwhile, Colm Feore will be portraying Adrian Toomes (AKA THE VULTURE) who has "big plans" for Rhino (Paul Giamatti). It will then be revealed that Kraven the Hunter (In disguise of course), has also been working undercover at Ravencroft. In the 5th or 6th movie, it will be revealed that Chameleon has actually BEEN Osborn (Cooper) the entire time (double twist). Can't you understand that EVERY bit part and EVERY actor MUST be portraying a major character or villain from the comics? There's NO WAY that they're supporting-or entirely new characters (like Dr. Ratha) who are meant to fulfill a small role in the film.

Not sure if serious or not, but that confused the hell out of me.

*EDIT* You weren't serious after all, and I'm an idiot. :facepalm:

g1369072860762916179.jpg

I don't get how people think both are Norman. I mean, if Chameleon would disguise himself like Norman he should actually look like Norman :S That is, being the same actor. It would be incredibly stupid if Chameleon is disguised as Norman but doesn't look like him haha

Personally, I would prefer no lame, played out "plot twists" trying to trick us into thinking Norman is anyone other than himself- This goes for the theories people seem to have contrived from the cartoon where the audience is led on to believe that Norman is the Goblin, but it turns out to be Harry (or whatever). Unbelievably lame.

Just concentrate on telling a good story. Don't beat around the bush with these lame "twists". They NEVER go over well. Anyone with half a brain can see them coming miles away and they never quite add anything to the story.

I don't get how people think both are Norman. I mean, if Chameleon would disguise himself like Norman he should actually look like Norman :S That is, being the same actor. It would be incredibly stupid if Chameleon is disguised as Norman but doesn't look like him haha

:doh:

^ pretty cool. If those were really unused, goes to show the vibe they were aiming for and wanted. Even in some of those fonts/logos. Wasn't a big fan of the final font for the movie. GI Joe used it right after.

^ pretty cool. If those were really unused, goes to show the vibe they were aiming for and wanted. Even in some of those fonts/logos. Wasn't a big fan of the final font for the movie. GI Joe used it right after.

Yeah, damn G.I. Joe...

Personally, I would've loved this logo:

THE_AMAZING_SPIDERMAN_ASH_THORP_09_906.jpg

Damn. That title is so much better than the generic, futuristic type they ultimately ended up with. There's actually some personality there.

Saw that one. I prefer this one. With the hyphen added too of course.
2js4e9.jpg

Wonder if they're gonna change it up for the sequel??
I know the raimi series stayed consistent when it came to their font right

^That one's pretty cool too.

And actually, I wouldn't mind if they were to change it up. Like Vid, I found the first logo pretty generic, as well.

^ Agreed. I don't like that whole futuristic thing for the logos at least. Other places it works but yeah there needs to be more personality into it.

But that's the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo font. Pretty glaring.

Wonder if they're gonna change it up for the sequel??
I know the raimi series stayed consistent when it came to their font right

The type for the Raimi films was very distinct, unique and memorable. The TASM type is none of those things. Not a huge deal, but just disappointing anyway.

I really would have loved if they'd been bold enough to go with type they were using in very early production of TASM. I can't find any pictures, but it was a bold white type segmented by web lines. That would have been perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"