The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it fades from the plane falling through the sky to Spider-Man falling through the sky? Since we know that shot of Spider-Man free falling is the first we see of Spidey in the film. Just a possibility. Far fetched, but it's a thought.
That could very well be…

1. Plane falls from sky… fades to black.
2. Music starts playing, and the spider symbol appears, fading out from black. Its spidey falling from the sky and starts swinging.

Maybe it fades from the plane falling through the sky to Spider-Man falling through the sky? Since we know that shot of Spider-Man free falling is the first we see of Spidey in the film. Just a possibility. Far fetched, but it's a thought.

Hmm, possibly.

This will more than likely how it will happen.

I wonder when will we get the chimney scene?

This will more than likely how it will happen.

I wonder when will we get the chimney scene?
Hmm. That chimney scene could possibly take place after graduation? Not directly after, but sometime after, perhaps if there is a Spider-Man crime fighting montage?

That could very well be…

1. Plane falls from sky… fades to black.
2. Music starts playing, and the spider symbol appears, fading out from black. Its spidey falling from the sky and starts swinging.

Yeah that sounds really good. Man, we should just write these films ourselves :yay:

Hmm. That chimney scene could possibly take place after graduation? Not directly after, but sometime after, perhaps if there is a Spider-Man crime fighting montage?

If Aunt May says they don't have chimney then why is Peter's face black?

Yeah that sounds really good. Man, we should just write these films ourselves :yay:

Definately.That would be exciting and fun.At the same time we would know what would be best for GA and what's best for the movie.

Hehe let's write a fan fiction series and send it to Sony.

Heck, if I was rich enough, I would film big budget fan films for non-profit and share it with everyone.

To go back to what Nemeres said earlier, the reason why the Khan reveal was "bland" in STID was because it was pretty much spoiled months before the film was revealed. It was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, so people walked in knowing it was Khan.

The parents mystery is the best element in this new series IMO. And its not just the "big reveal" of what happened to the parents (we know they died), but the whole Oscorp conspiracy. Something is going on behind closed doors that we don't know about, and that's the part that excites me. It was only "poorly handled" in TASM1 because it wasn't explored enough, only teased.

Us comic book fans can probably tie a lot of things together, especially from USM. Richard Parker was probably working on the symbiote (cure for Norman), or Peter's parents were possibly agents spying on Oscorp… probably 616 and USM elements mixed together. To me, that's awesome. Probably predictable for us fans though, but not for the GA.

I'd say it goes much farther than that. It was poorly handled because it was made out to be a vital story element, when in truth it wasn't even necessary, considering how many times the "field trip to a laboratory" thing has been used in other retellings of the origin. But anyway...

See, the reason I didn't care too much for the 1st TASM2 trailer to begin with was that the more they hammer on the parents subplot, the further they drift from the "everyman" element of Peter Parker - an ESSENTIAL component of the character, in my humble opinion. The fact that people can forgive that in a Spider-Man movie is, to me, indicative that they will forgive almost anything. The parents thing is a HarryPotter-ization of Spider-Man; a shoehorning of an extended backstory/mythology that was never essential to the character's appeal to begin with. Fortunately, the international trailer focused exactly on what I DO want to see in the sequel. I am worried about the balance, though. How much will the movie be of trailer 2 (good! Hilarious, exciting, fun...) and how much trailer 1 (stuff like hidden lairs in the friggin subways)?

I actually hadn't known it was Khan going in. I mean, as the movie went on I sort of figured, but the reveal was still somewhat meaningful to me.

For Spider-Man, I'm gonna try real hard not to read beforehand whether or not Gwen dies. I wanna experience that fresh in the theatre.

I'd say it goes much farther than that. It was poorly handled because it was made out to be a vital story element, when in truth it wasn't even necessary, considering how many times the "field trip to a laboratory" thing has been used in other retellings of the origin. But anyway...

Khan was a vital story element, what are you talking about? It was a consequence of a corrupt Starfleet Admiral and is leading to what will probably turn into a full out Klingon War.

See, the reason I didn't care too much for the 1st TASM2 trailer to begin with was that the more they hammer on the parents subplot, the further they drift from the "everyman" element of Peter Parker - an ESSENTIAL component of the character, in my humble opinion. The fact that people can forgive that in a Spider-Man movie is, to me, indicative that they will forgive almost anything. The parents thing is a HarryPotter-ization of Spider-Man; a shoehorning of an extended backstory/mythology that was never essential to the character's appeal to begin with. Fortunately, the international trailer focused exactly on what I DO want to see in the sequel. I am worried about the balance, though. How much will the movie be of trailer 2 (good! Hilarious, exciting, fun...) and how much trailer 1 (stuff like hidden lairs in the friggin subways)?

The essential elements of Peter Parker are still there, whether you want to see it or not. The parents storyline is an interesting one, and is probably the main reason why I got so interested in Webb's series. It does not drift from the "everyman" element of Peter Parker, at least I don't see that. The parents were always a marginal part of the Spider-Man mythos, but a very interesting element to it if you ask me.

I actually hadn't known it was Khan going in. I mean, as the movie went on I sort of figured, but the reveal was still somewhat meaningful to me.

For Spider-Man, I'm gonna try real hard not to read beforehand whether or not Gwen dies. I wanna experience that fresh in the theatre.

I went in knowing he was Khan, but hearing him say, "My name is… KHAN" was pretty neat. Hearing he was Khan from magazines is not the same as actually seeing it on screen. Bringing back the greatest ST villain was a good choice IMO.

Just to track what pieces we have brought together from the movie , I am putting the stills together.

Plane Scene

asmcap22.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-2-teaser-trailer-plane-crash.jpg%3Fw%3D1024

Fade into Spiderman flying

Amazing-Spider-Man-2-trailer.jpg

Rhino Chase Scene

amazing-spider-man-2-trailer-600x450.jpg

Saves Max during the chase

sm4.jpg

The hilarious ending with Aleksai getting pants'd

The+Amazing+Spider-Man+2+-+Total+Film+pics+(5).jpg

Now the question is does graduation comes next?

If it does then why is Peter in Spidey outfit?

Last edited:

I would imagine it's before, on the morning of graduation day? After the big Rhino fight that is supposed to come at the beginning, which in turn would follow the Spidey fall. That's my sequence of events.

It also seems like the Rhino chase (or fight) is supposed to make Peter late for his date with Gwen.

i assume this

sm4.jpg

is during the rhino fight and not the police chase, because of flipping cars that spidey has to save max from

the question is in what order is the police chase and the rhino fight and how close together are they

i assume this

sm4.jpg

is during the rhino fight and not the police chase, because of flipping cars that spidey has to save max from

the question is in what order is the police chase and the rhino fight and how close together are they

Were both of these scenes filmed on the same location? If they are then I am assuming they will be one after another.

Hmm. I feel like Max gets saved at the beginning of the film during the chase sequence, not during the Rhino battle.

Hmm. I feel like Max gets saved at the beginning of the film during the chase sequence, not during the Rhino battle.

Hmm.. i'm not sure i can see his truck hitting a car that will then go flying at max, there is also a shot of a car crashing on top of another outside the shop where MJ worked before she was cut.

i think there may be a rhino rampage at some point tbh

01.jpg

941335_527729337263358_1057520425_n.jpg

and this could be the crowd chanting spideys name during the Comic con trailer, you can see them in background

rhino-paul-giamatti-spider-man-2.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the chase sequence was filmed in Lincoln Square, which is closer to where Oscorp is located (in Columbus Circle). Max gets saved by Spidey in front of Oscorp.

But then again IDK… still a little confused. I just think it would make sense to introduce Max Dillon earlier in the opening sequence.

BUT then again… that is just his first Spider-Man encounter. We COULD end up seeing him on screen him much earlier on.

Some of the chase sequence was filmed in Lincoln Square, which is closer to where Oscorp is located (in Columbus Circle). Max gets saved by Spidey in front of Oscorp.

But then again IDK… still a little confused. I just think it would make sense to introduce Max Dillon earlier in the opening sequence.

BUT then again… that is just his first Spider-Man encounter. We COULD end up seeing him on screen him much earlier on.

That's what I think too.Usually first 20-25 mins are used to introduce the character in the movie and I feel this would the perfect way to introduce Max plus I think Rhino Rampage will be more like in the middle of the movie where it just doesn't make sense for Max to be saved at that point in terms of direction.

That's what I think too.Usually first 20-25 mins are used to introduce the character in the movie and I feel this would the perfect way to introduce Max plus I think Rhino Rampage will be more like in the middle of the movie where it just doesn't make sense for Max to be saved at that point in terms of direction.

i think in the latest magazine articles we read it said Rhino would be at the start of the film

The Rhino has a smaller part at the beginning of the movie, he is someone we are setting up for the future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"