The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, that would be an amazing way to end a movie, wouldn't it?

I could see that being the final shot of the film.

ku-xlarge.jpg

To end the Rhino fight with the manhole cover shot would be pretty abrupt wouldn't it?

Yes but I think that would be the point with Rhino. Besides, he does cause some kind of havoc since there's an explosion in the background. Since you'd already have an action heavy chase scene involving Aleksei, it makes sense to me that it would be a very short and easy take down for Spider-man (considering Rhino's a supporting villain to Electro and Harry Goblin and because Webb says it's just an introduction). Also I'm assuming there'll be some kind of hammy dialogue between him and Spider-man.

Wait does Aleksai break out of Ravencroft?What I mean is is he taken to Ravencroft?

Hmm, nobody knows. He could just be taken to prison since Ravencroft is more of an Asylum. The guy is crazy, but he isn't CRAZY.

I could see that being the final shot of the film.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Heck, that would be awesome. It would break away from the final swing formula that the Spider-Man films have.

If Max is introduced during the Rhino rampage, it better be early in the film, otherwise it would be too late to get his story going.

I wonder how long this film is...anyone else be disappointed if it's not at least 150 min?

the rhino suit does not come directly after the armored car scene. no way.

spider-man traps aleksei on the street with his webs and walks away with the vial. the scene ends there. it makes little to no sense for aleksei to then break out, and immediately get (no scenes inbetween) a mech suit. it's ridiculous, especially when you have already had a whole bunch of action (chase, armored car shootout, truck chase, bus rescue, aleksei vs. spider-man outside the truck).

the_amazing_spider-man_2_20130519_2021605870.jpg

he's holding the same vial in this shot. further proof that the scene ends with spider-man pantsing aleksei. he probably runs out of web fluid and hitches a ride on the cop car, and calls aunt may or gwen or someone else, explaining he's running late.

rhino rampage comes later, after a handful of non-action scenes that set up the plot and characters. aleksei probably wants revenge on spider-man, so causes a ruckus that draws his attention. max may be met here, or earlier during the armored car chase.

edit: and spider-man definitely has no vial when he saves max

the rhino suit does not come directly after the armored car scene. no way.

spider-man traps aleksei on the street with his webs and walks away with the vial. the scene ends there. it makes little to no sense for aleksei to then break out, and immediately get (no scenes inbetween) a mech suit. it's ridiculous, especially when you have already had a whole bunch of action (chase, armored car shootout, truck chase, bus rescue, aleksei vs. spider-man outside the truck).

the_amazing_spider-man_2_20130519_2021605870.jpg

he's holding the same vial in this shot. further proof that the scene ends with spider-man pantsing aleksei. he probably runs out of web fluid and hitches a ride on the cop car, and calls aunt may or gwen or someone else, explaining he's running late.

rhino rampage comes later, after a handful of non-action scenes that set up the plot and characters. aleksei probably wants revenge on spider-man, so causes a ruckus that draws his attention. max may be met here, or earlier during the armored car chase.

edit: and spider-man definitely has no vial when he saves max

Spider-Man doesn't have a vial when he saves Max because its probably smack in the middle of that whole chase sequence. After his encounter with Max, he swings up and continues to chase Aleksei I'd imagine, and shortly after he catches up with him and depantses him.

Spider-Man doesn't have a vial when he saves Max because its probably smack in the middle of that whole chase sequence. After his encounter with Max, he swings up and continues to chase Aleksei I'd imagine, and shortly after he catches up with him and depantses him.

yeah, sorry, my last point about the vial is that it makes it even more unlikely that, as spider-man is leaving after defeating aleksei, the mech suit scene happens. this assumes that max is rescued after mech rhino throws a car, which is unclear; like you said, it could happen during the chase.

I think the Rhino rampage would take place too far into the movie to be a proper intro to Max. But its possible. Just unlikely in my opinion. Which do you think will be the case?

I'd say somewhere between 2 hours 20 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes.

Damn, that would be just like the first. I hope the character arcs don't feel truncated (like Connors). I'm hoping Webb is given more time by Sony so he can really delve into these charaters this time around. Another 10 to 15 minutes of running time can do wonders in the right hands. No Spidey film has even been 140 min yet.... This is one film you would think could/should eclipse that. With the characters being introduced, I'm expecting this film to be al least 15 min longer. That would put it at 151 mins.

Last edited:
Damn, that would be just like the first. I hope the character arcs don't feel truncated (like Connors). I'm hoping Webb is given more time by Sony so he can really delve into these charaters this time around. Another 10 to 15 minutes of running time can do wonders in the right hands. No Spidey film has even been 140 min yet.... This is one film you would think could/should eclipse that. With the characters being introduced, I'm expecting this film to be al leat 15 min longer. That would put it at 151 mins.

Well keep in mind that the origin took up almost an hour of TASM1, which really got in the way of developing the Lizard. That won't be a problem this time around since we can get right into the story.

I think 2hrs 20-30 minutes will be sufficient amount of time to tell this story. The only new characters that will require a lot of character development are Max Dillon and Harry Osborn. Norman, Aleksei and Donald Menken probably have very small roles.

i was basing the mech scene being max and spider-man's introduction to one another* because of the way the car flew and fell. from all the footage of the chase, the cars are just spinning out and/or being overturned; they aren't flying metres into the air. very true though, that a car managed to fly in a similar manner in spider-man 2, but i guess i was used to the more grounded action in tasm1 and tasm2 set videos.

i also just envision the opening action scene to not be broken up by a convo between spider-man and max. i figured it would be all fast paced and i didn't see it having any lull, so to speak, via showing max stumbling with his oscorp blueprint, and the ensuing convo. ir's a short back and forth, sure, but in the context of an ongoing action scene, it ruins the pacing, at least in my head.

conversely, if the mech rhino scene opens with a lot of cars being thrown and him charging through the streets, albeit never getting a clear look at him, then a rescue and convo with max makes sense, because the action scene hasn't truly started in earnest. spider-man is probably like, "what is that big object smashing through everything".

we also know that a little kid steps out in front of rhino before spider-man arrives. i'm thinking that he is late because he meets/rescues max. rhino causes a scene and calls out spider-man to face him, after the humiliation he caused him earlier.

the rhino rampage scene could very well happen early enough in the film so that max's intro isn't too late. he has simple enough origins and motivations. rampage could happen before the end of act 1, especially if the fallout of rhino leads to eel tank accident.

but honestly, it's too hard to call. he may meet max during the armored car chase. i'm 60-40 on it being later.

* (doesn't mean that we don't see max earlier. in fact, i'd like it if we did. i think tasm1 would have benefited if we had followed connors a bit before he met peter.)

I see he's been lurking SHH again...
He basically confirmed that Max is introduced in the opening chase sequence. My assumption is that he saves Max towards the very end of the scene, shortly before he catches up to Aleksei.

Seven Web Heads posted this to fb:

1601235_626831110686513_425342636_n.jpg

that explains why spider-man is swinging away from the truck.

so, im no longer 60-40 about it haha. almost definitely happens during the truck chase.

you'd think i'd have noticed it, having watched the trailer 1000 times :doh:

He basically confirmed that Max is introduced in the opening chase sequence. My assumption is that he saves Max towards the very end of the scene, shortly before he catches up to Aleksei.

Yeah but what I was meant was that he probably just read my post and decided to make fb post with an image attached to it. Similar to how keeps reporting on rumors that come up on SHH. *jim carey is carnage*... I'm just not a fan of that.

that explains why spider-man is swinging away from the truck.

so, im no longer 60-40 about it haha. almost definitely happens during the truck chase.

you'd think i'd have noticed it, having watched the trailer 1000 times :doh:

Oh yeah, its definitely happening at the beginning of the film. I didn't even notice this, but oh well, glad Seven was able to spot it. Love that guy!

Yeah but what I was meant was that he probably just read my post and decided to make fb post with an image attached to it. Similar to how keeps reporting on rumors that come up on here. *jim carey is carnage*...

I always enjoy his videos lol.

Well keep in mind that the origin took up almost an hour of TASM1, which really got in the way of developing the Lizard. That won't be a problem this time around since we can get right into the story.

I think 2hrs 20-30 minutes will be sufficient amount of time to tell this story.

Agreed, but it shouldn't have. And keep in mind that the scope of this film is supposedly much bigger, so that should include the scope of characters and story. It should feel epic and multi-layered, not like a straight forward (familiar) action film. This is what I expect anyway.

the truck is still towing the armored car at this point, so it must happen relatively early (there's a whole section where it is just spider-man and aleksei, sans armored car)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"