• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that sizzle reel gave us a lot. And we'll have all of the tv spots as well.

LOL, there was some rage on the comments of that trailer. I guess they wanted the movie spoiled for them.

Just took a look. Yeah we've seen everything in that before. Which is a good thing!

The new glimpses of stuff is from the sizzle reel released during the Superbowl.

I saw that but I don't remember the extended chimney scene and [BLACKOUT]Peter webbing Gwen to the car.[/BLACKOUT] It's not much new though, thankfully.

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

:funny:

This movie doesn't have the balls to show us any new trailer footage, so obviously it's going to tank hard.

Great stuff! Any particular episodes you'd recommend?

Not really, it's a daily show and they talk all topics and take questions about movies. I enjoy listening to it at work, each day is about 35 mins.

I imagine this is the last trailer we shall get for this film, anything new will likely be in tv spots

Wtf's up with that trailer?

The official ASM2 Twitter hasn't mentioned anything about the trailer, at all.

I'm so confused.

I might be wrong, but I expect new tv spots with March Madness.

Wtf's up with that trailer?

The official ASM2 Twitter hasn't mentioned anything about the trailer, at all.

I'm so confused.
It's a slightly altered trailer comprised of stuff we've seen. It makes sense for them to focus on getting the word out on the sizzle reel instead of this.

So there appears to be at least two date scenes; chinatown and the one we see in the first trailer.

Now, we have evidence via the sustainability vid that the [blackout] graduation scene follows the chase[/blackout] and that [blackout] the chinatown scene takes place after the former [/blackout]

But, that makes things a bit muddy in relation to the "I'm so sorry I'm late" dialogue in the first trailer. It made it sound like Peter was late because of the chase, but that can't be right because [blackout] the graduation split up the two events.[/blackout]

Therefore, i am inclined to believe that the "traffic thing" and "shot at by machine guns" is in reference to [blackout] the rhino mech fight[/blackout] and not the chase. This actually makes a fair amount of sense, given the latest footage [blackout]of rhino[/blackout] in the tv spot, as well as the likelihood that gwen sees [blackout]the lead up to the rhino fight[/blackout] on the tv screen in the elevator (and is thus able to reference it in her dialogue).

As for Peter referencing it as a traffic thing, I can only surmise that [blackout]rhino causes disruptions to cars etc when he goes on his rampage etc[/blackout]

In case people are still in doubt, may I point out that the second date scene very much looks like it occurs immediately prior to times square. Thus, the chronology of the film matches up, assuming you subscribe to the belief that electro only appears after [blackout]rhino has been defeated[/blackout]

What's interesting though is that the chinatown scene appears [blackout]to end badly[/blackout] and it occurs [blackout]very early in the film[/blackout]. I can only surmise that [blackout]seeing a vision of captain stacy at the graduation[/blackout] made peter ruminate and put a damper on the evening. I didn't expect any relationship troubles to be so early, but it looks like [blackout] peter and gwen's relationship status ebbs and flows throughout the movie[/blackout].

You may be right but not every word from the trailer will be the film

Remember the '500 policemen' thingy from TSAM trailers

They should have released the sizzle reel as the official "third trailer." It hasn't gotten enough views on YouTube so I doubt it made a huge difference.

They should have released the sizzle reel as the official "third trailer." It hasn't gotten enough views on YouTube so I doubt it made a huge difference.

that would have been to long for cinema showings wouldn't it?

Yeah, I think it would have gotten more views if labeled as an "Extended Trailer". I don't think most people actually know what a sizzle reel IS, lol.

I actually think it would have gotten more views if labeled as an "Extended Trailer". I don't think most people actually know what a sizzle reel IS, lol.
Which is probably why it has such a low view count. :(

It's a slightly altered trailer comprised of stuff we've seen. It makes sense for them to focus on getting the word out on the sizzle reel instead of this.

Yeah, I realize that, but it's really weird of them to not even mention releasing it, and how CBMTrailers seem to have uploaded the trailer before the official SonyPictures channel.

Edit: I'm not saying I want to be spoiled. I'm just weirded out by what Sony's doing. I mean, what was the point of this trailer?

The internet is just too funny
Trailer 3 0o0 omg they're showing too much sony stahp
after trailer: omg its the same thing we've seen this movie sucks :mad:

gotta love the internet

I have a feeling we are still getting a new trailer in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"