The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've showed more than a tad. We've seen Goblin, Doc Ock's arms, Vulture's wings, and a hint to how will Gwen die.

In The Dark Knight, we didn't even know Scarecrow and Two-Face we in the films from the trailers.

Okay. I don't use TDK's marketing campaign as a benchmark. Once they start spoiling entire sequences, dialogue and all, I'll agree they've shown way too much.

Oh hey, it's the trailer from the Lego Movie.

....And yes, I still think it's superior to any of the released trailers.

Though, in terms of being marketed as new scenes, people are probably gonna be pissed :p

I'm also glad they're not showing a bunch of new footage too soon, they've already shown so much.

I'm guessing this 3rd trailer is for theaters? Since the 4 minute sizzle reel would be too long for a theatrical trailer, so they just cut together some previously released footage but for exhibition in theaters?

Yeah, I think they just wanted to throw together another trailer for the theaters. No big deal.

Okay. I don't use TDK's marketing campaign as a benchmark. Once they start spoiling entire sequences, dialogue and all, I'll agree they've shown way too much.

I use The Dark Knight since it's likely an influence how Batman Begins was one with The Amazing Spider-Man 1.

I would consider the Goblin a spoiler. We had no idea that the Goblin would even be in this film. I mean there were rumors and stuff but we had no proof. No idea what so ever.

Think of it if the Goblin wasn't in the trailers and the posters. You go see the film and all the sudden, the Goblin shows up.

The Goblin showing up as well as killing Gwen could have been a great twist if they didn't show it. Look at the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Black Mask in Arkham Origins. Hell who expected Liam Neeson to show up in The Dark Knight Rises if you're not on these forums?

These trailers show to much. Hope about having something we won't see coming and jawdropping?

Was that trailer supposed to be new?....ok.

I use The Dark Knight since it's likely an influence how Batman Begins was one with The Amazing Spider-Man 1.

I would consider the Goblin a spoiler. We had no idea that the Goblin would even be in this film. I mean there were rumors and stuff but we had no proof. No idea what so ever.

Think of it if the Goblin wasn't in the trailers and the posters. You go see the film and all the sudden, the Goblin shows up.

The Goblin showing up as well as killing Gwen could have been a great twist if they didn't show it. Look at the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Black Mask in Arkham Origins. Hell who expected Liam Neeson to show up in The Dark Knight Rises if you're not on these forums?

These trailers show to much. Hope about having something we won't see coming and jawdropping?

The Dark Knight being an influence on the film (and it very well could be) has little to do with marketing campaigns for two very different films released under different circumstances.

They kept Goblin a secret during production, but immediately showed him in trailers and posters. So, perhaps at one point it was planned to be a secret, but it's not now with Sony's marketing strategy. They're being very open about it. It's not meant to be a secret and they aren't showing entire sequences or conversations, so it's not a spoiler. Do I think it would have been cool as a secret? Absolutely. But Sony NEEDS this movie to succeed. So they switched strategies and decided to show him and Rhino, and make them look like they're in the movie a lot (which kinda irks me) in the hopes of making a lot of money.

The movie will succeed. It's a Spider-Man movie. Spidey movies have always done well in the Box Office.

The movie will succeed. It's a Spider-Man movie. Spidey movies have always done well in the Box Office.

Yes, but they need it to do better than that. They need it to dominate. TASM did well at the box office, but not as well as other superhero films or even Raimi's films. They have to pick up the slack with this one big film because they're really hurting right now. They already had to axe their computer division. It's also why they were so aggressive with their marketing for the PS4. They're trying to stay afloat.

Even with all of this footage, I still believe that we don't know half of the movie. There are things that are going to happen that we have no clue about. I could be wrong but that's my two cents. Also, when Marc said you may think you what's going to happen, but you don't, I pretty sure he wasn't just talking about Gwen's death.

Although I agree with Sony if their intent was to change their marketing strategy with showing multiple villains, I also agree with Levitikuz with if they kept it a huge secret. That would make word of mouth insane.

This one will probably do like gangbusters. Might even reach a billion. I think the marketing's doing wonders.

Yes, but they need it to do better than that. They need it to dominate. TASM did well at the box office, but not as well as other superhero films or even Raimi's films. They have to pick up the slack with this one big film because they're really hurting right now. They already had to axe their computer division. It's also why they were so aggressive with their marketing for the PS4. They're trying to stay afloat.

Agree but at the same time, Sony must have known The Amazing Spider-Man 1 had no chance at being the best CBM in 2012. No offense but in one corner, you have a film that is the sequel to the only billion dollar CBM and that's hype is through the roof. On another corner, you have a film that has taken 5 films to build up could change everything. The Amazing Spider-Man didn't have anything going for it to get the hype of those 2 films.

I would say the best thing for TASM2 is to make the best film you can. That's why The Dark Knight was so great. Nolan and co weren't trying to force stuff in the Batman movie or make the best comic book movie. They were trying to make the best Batman story they felt they could and did so. Scarecrow and Two-Face weren't forced in although I would have loved it if Two-Face lived for a sequel.

The only thing I feel maybe forced is maybe Goblin and Rhino.

Although I agree with Sony if their intent was to change their marketing strategy with showing multiple villains, I also agree with Levitikuz with if they kept it a huge secret. That would make word of mouth insane.

Oh absolutely. It would have been cool. But I don't think Sony wanted to risk banking off word of mouth. They wanted the sure thing. I'm sure Marc Webb isn't happy about it either. But marketing isn't up to the movie team.

Agree but at the same time, Sony must have known The Amazing Spider-Man 1 had no chance at being the best CBM in 2012. No offense but in one corner, you have a film that is the sequel to the only billion dollar CBM and that's hype is through the roof. On another corner, you have a film that has taken 5 films to build up could change everything. The Amazing Spider-Man didn't have anything going for it to get the hype of those 2 films.

I would say the best thing for TASM2 is to make the best film you can. That's why The Dark Knight was so great. Nolan and co weren't trying to force stuff in the Batman movie or make the best comic book movie. They were trying to make the best Batman story they felt they could and did so. Scarecrow and Two-Face weren't forced in although I would have loved it if Two-Face lived for a sequel.

The only thing I feel maybe forced is maybe Goblin and Rhino.

That's good enough for me, man. :up:

New picture from the ecospidey game.

F6zbmi6.jpg

I wonder what's written on the Oscorp paper? Looks like a place and then @ 2 PM?

Does that say 'Ravencroft @ 2pm' or something? Nice find, Whit Knight.

This guy, he gets it.

This one will probably do like gangbusters. Might even reach a billion. I think the marketing's doing wonders.

It's not hard for a Spidey film to make a billion.

If adjusted for inflation, all 3 of Raimi's Spider-Man films would have made a billion.

New picture from the ecospidey game.

F6zbmi6.jpg

There are a bunch if pics in that game, you just have to keep playing because you get them at random.

The suit's texture looks badass here. Also enjoy how they made a suit where he can take off his "gloves" and "boots".

I wonder what's written on the Oscorp paper? Looks like a place and then @ 2 PM?
Looks like "ROOSEVELT @ 2pm"

That makes sense right?

What do you do when you put two bad trailers into one?

An even worse trailer. Should have been a shorter version of enimies unite.

Thanks for all the comments on how this "new" trailer is pretty much all of the same scenes we've already seen. I won't have to waste my time watching it.

I'm not too surprised though. With all the action they've shown in the past trailers and spots how much more do they have to put in a new trailer without showing literally every bit of action. I'm glad they didn't add in more scenes with the Rhino because it's going to be great to see it opening night and not know everything he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back