The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webb really amped it up. Amazing what they can do when they go for the "spectacle" and aren't held back by the telling of the origin.

Ooo_kaaay...
This here looks absolutely ****ing insane!
If one tried not to be impressed with what is seen in this final trailer, then that "one" will come off as a total jack-ass. You simply can not deny how promising and absolutely incredible this all looks (even on a small computer screen)

The scope here feels truly grand.
The swinging/acrobatics are out of this world incredible! It's like every beat of swinging, as well as spidey using his webs etc. has an original & newer-before-seen, dot-over-the-i kinda thing added to it. It's unlike any spidey we saw in the raimi trilogy. Included in that is Webbs first film!

This film here feels very layered in both story and characterization. Dear GOD! Please let this be as good as it actually looks (can't handle another hollow Man of Steel experience!)
Oh wait, I forgot. Marc Webb is directing this film, and not Zack Snyder. That puts my mind so much more at ease :-)

Next to Nolans november release of "InterStellar" this here is my most anticipated film of the year.
We have Marc Webb, the master of character development, romance, and story. But then we have Alexander Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the masters of writing action packed films, along with Jeff Pinker, who writes Fringe and Sleep Hollow with them. This could be a great filmmaking combination. :)

Money shot after money shot!.
I can't believe how different this movie feels compared to the first one, which was very dark, almost no scenes with Spidey swinging in daylight.

All we got from this trailer was some new money shots. Nothing that spoils the story.It will be 100x times better when you see that in a theater.

I just said that because i figured that there are people here who haven't seen it.

FINALLY! Somebody said it, and can look beyond just damn action bits! (otherwise I was going to say it).

I completely agree! The trailer packs a huge wollup, actionwise. But STILL, even that is cut and edited fast, and I do NOT feel spoiled in that regard. And I won't care for the action if the story and execution doesn't work. That's the important stuff. So either way, non of the action will "hit home" until it's seen up on the big screen and unfolded in its full glory, along with the story and that feel of having been on the journey with the characters, every step of the way.

But back to your statement. Best of all, this film regarding STORY and how it's all executed, is still shrouded in the shadows. I've only gathered, from the very first trailer all the way up to this last one, the same story bits. Nothing new is revealed in that regard. And that's the truly important stuff to me. And honestly, it should be to all of Us. Otherwise, just stick with man of steel, cause that's all out action.

I know TeeKay comments a lot about action being spoiled. I'd rather hear him say that there's so much meat to the films story and etc, which has NOT been spoiled at all. Cause again, that's the important stuff. If you feel spoiled because of flashy action shots, then you're feeling spoiled over the wrong reasons, I'd say.

Last edited:
We have Marc Webb, the master of character development, romance, and story. But then we have Alexander Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the masters of writing action packed films, along with Jeff Pinker, who writes Fringe and Sleep Hollow with them. This could be a great filmmaking combination. :)
I was with you until there. :funny:

You can tell there's so much attention to detail - the mis-en-scene is overflowing with so many features. I can't wait to watch this over and over, noticing more things in each frame etc.

That man hole shot. It's just beautiful.

old-man-crying.gif

I'm really hoping this movie kills it with the critics... I want in the 90's on RT!

I'm impressed with Webb. To think he only had music videos and one other film under his belt when hired for the Spidey franchise.

Agreed! It's also quite inspiring too, just proves you do not need a huge erray of projects under your belt, if you've got the talent you will make it.

Did you watch it? I'm trying to hold back, but I already watched the first 30 or so seconds and had to close the tab!lol

FINALLY! Somebody said it, and can look beyond just damn action bits! (otherwise I was going to say it).

I completely agree! The trailer packs a huge wollup, actionwise. But STILL, even that is cut and edited fast, and I do NOT feel spoiled in that regard. And I won't care for the action if the story and execution doesn't work. That's the important stuff. So either way, non of the action will "hit home" until it's seen up on the big screen and unfolded cohesively in its full glory.

But back to your statement. Best of all, this film regarding STORY and how it's all executed, is still shrouded in the shadows. I've only gathered, from the very first trailer all the way up to this last one, the same story bits. Nothing new is revealed in that regard. And that's the truly important stuff to me. And honestly, it should be to all of Us. Otherwise, just stick with man of steel, cause that's all out action.

I know TeeKay comments a lot about action being spoiled. I'd rather hear him say that there's so much meat to the films story and etc, which has NOT been spoiled at all. Cause again, that's the important stuff. If you feel spoiled because of flashy action shots, then you're feeling spoiled over the wrong reasons, I'd say.
Do we really think it is hard to piece together the story from the footage they released?

I completely agree! The trailer packs a huge wollup, actionwise. But STILL, even that is cut and edited fast, and I do NOT feel spoiled in that regard. And I won't care for the action if the story and execution doesn't work. That's the important stuff. So either way, non of the action will "hit home" until it's seen up on the big screen and unfolded cohesively in its full glory.

In other words, story>>>action. Simple as that.

You can piece together what we have but you'd still have tons of missing pieces in your puzzle.
Of course. But the idea that there is not plenty of story and plot in these trailers is far off.

That trailer, good damn Webb. Even if it sucks it will be pure eye-candy!

Of course. But the idea that there is not plenty of story and plot in these trailers is far off.

That's not what people are trying to say. Yes, there is plenty of story, but there is still plenty more that we don't know.

The new trailer is AMAZING, pun intended imo this is superhero movie of the summer hands down, this looks like everything I had hoped for out of a second film to Webb's first, and the more I see Dane's Green Goblin the more I'm really starting to love the look and tone.

That's not what people are trying to say. Yes, there is plenty of story, but there is still plenty more that we don't know.
The details are one thing. Who exactly dies, how many dates do Peter and Gwen go on, what exactly resulted in Peter's parents death. But from the trailers, you can put together a pretty good plot synopsis, and take a few good guesses on the rest.

Now is that a bad thing? Depends on the person.

omg I just got pm'd at work by a colleague who just watched the trailer - this was his reaction:

"holy %$&
electro
looks amazzzzzzzzzzzing"

Then he did an erect penis emote. Lol

The details are one thing. Who exactly dies, how many dates do Peter and Gwen go on, what exactly resulted in Peter's parents death. But from the trailers, you can put together a pretty good plot synopsis, and take a few good guesses on the rest.

Now is that a bad thing? Depends on the person.

Minor stuff. As far as the death of Peter's parents, unless you've heard details from insiders, there is nothing really about it that was spoiled from the trailers/footage.

Do we really think it is hard to piece together the story from the footage they released?

I don't think we quite know in which composition this film will go down. We think it might all be obvious, but I'm guessing we might have another thing coming. Anyways, what I'm really looking forwards to, is how the characters develop. How their relationships with one another will lift the film and make us hopefully exhilarated, and how it'll make us laugh, cheer, get emotional and "cry". I'm interested to find out how this film will unfold in its entirely. I'm Interested in all the dialog. How impactful it'll be as a whole. You can't judge **** like that upon trailers - no way. I can't wait to sit down and see this movie in all its glory. To hear Zimmers work lift the film to an even higher state. To let it all flow over me. In all these regards, I don't feel spoiled at all... I feel excited and comforted at this point. And like I said, I don't quite know how things will go down yet. And if the movie works, then it works! Simple as that.

Broooooooooooo :hubba

I might need my inhaler for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back