The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also cool when Harry
goes to see Electro and tells him he needs him, and Electro wants him to say that again, just to be needed is enough for him

I like that.

Ok, how would all of you rank the villains up till now. Here's my list:

1. Doc Ock
2. Dafoe's Goblin
3. Dehaan's goblin
4. Electro
5. Franco's Goblin
6. Rhino (yup, he was still better than Sandman)
7. Sandman
8. Venom
9. Lizard

Edit: Totally forgot about Rhino. Thanks for bringing him to my attention, Perry

Last edited:
Ok, how would all of you rank the villains up till now. Here's my list:

1. Doc Ock
2. Dafoe's Goblin
3. Dehaan's goblin
4. Electro
5. Franco's Goblin
6. Sandman
7. Venom
8. Lizard

No love for Rhino? :csad:

Ok, I'm off to watch it again. Might as well help with the international BO take. :oldrazz:

I wouldn't even count Rhino as a villain. He's the equivalent of the Underminer in The Incredibles. [BLACKOUT]They both show up at the end for like 2 minutes just to get the ball rolling for the next film and to establish that Spidey/Incredibles are still active.[/BLACKOUT]

Which is why I don't get so many people listing Rhino being cheesy as this major flaw. Yeah sure, he was kinda over the top, I'll give you that. But the film is 2 hours and 30 minutes long. How do less than 5 minutes of that character hurt the film overall?

I wouldn't even count Rhino as a villain. He's the equivalent of the Underminer in The Incredibles. [BLACKOUT]They both show up at the end for like 2 minutes just to get the ball rolling for the next film and to establish that Spidey/Incredibles are still active.[/BLACKOUT]

Which is why I don't get so many people listing Rhino being cheesy as this major flaw. Yeah sure, he was kinda over the top, I'll give you that. But the film is 2 hours and 30 minutes long. How do less than 5 minutes of that character hurt the film overall?

because he was marketed as one of the villains, you didn´t see the underminer in the incredibles posters(i don´t really know but i bet he wasn´t) the first poster dedicated almost an entire poster to him and all the trailers showed him, it doesn´t bother me but i can see how many people felt mad about it

because he was marketed as one of the villains, you didn´t see the underminer in the incredibles posters(i don´t really know but i bet he wasn´t) the first poster dedicated almost an entire poster to him and all the trailers showed him

He was marketed as a peripheral villain. Webb himself stated many times that Rhino will play a very minor part. None of the trailers ever made an emphasis on him being a huge part of the film either. Closest thing we got to that marketing was the first poster where he was seen with Electro and Goblin. That was it.

It amazes me that folks think that 5 minutes of bad here and 4 minutes of bad there and 3 minutes of bad over there----don't hurt the movie.

When Spider-Man said, "lick that." and then wiped Max's hair----that took 5 seconds and it hurt the movie.

It was demeaning and something Spidey would never do to a bystander and on top the truck was still barreling thru traffic and he thought that was a good use of his time?

He was marketed as a peripheral villain. Webb himself stated many times that Rhino will play a very minor part. None of the trailers ever made an emphasis on him being a huge part of the film either. Closest thing we got to that marketing was the first poster where he was seen with Electro and Goblin. That was it.

i know but people who doesn´t follow this film saw the poster and the trailers showing him could´ve thought he was going to have a bigger part

It amazes me that folks think that 5 minutes of bad here and 4 minutes of bad there and 3 minutes of bad over there----don't hurt the movie.

When Spider-Man said, "lick that." and then wiped Max's hair----that took 5 seconds and it hurt the movie.

It was demeaning and something Spidey would never do to a bystander and on top the truck was still barreling thru traffic and he thought that was a good use of his time?

demeaning to help a random citizen? spidey always says something nice, this time he even "helped" Max with his appearance

It's a pretty scary future then.

With this man involved, it sure is.

avi-arad-uk-premiere-the-amazing-spider-man-01.jpg

When a character has 2 minutes of screen time and less than 10 lines, it doesn't. Now, Electro and Harry are a whole different story. Lack of more Electro development does hurt the film, but that's because he's actually a big part of the film (or at least he's meant to be). Rhino could have literally been replaced by any low-key Spider-Man villain. Could have been Shocker or Boomerang or anyone else.

Yes? Reassuring someone nearly smeared is very in-character for Spidey.

And it is yet to be determined whether that is going to be a good movie or not.

what?? How so?? Box office?? Special effects rule the day.....But the story was weak.

what?? How so?? Box office?? Special effects rule the day.....But the story was weak.

if it´s profitable for sony i hardly think they will count it as a failure, which i don´t think will reach the expected billion, but oh well better luck next time:csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"