• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - P - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
New featurette about the webshooters!

[YT]r5gRETpyzdo&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

a question for anyon who has seen the movie?
does the IGN´s review is really fair?
[YT]4j4ZXKXe32w&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
is reallt THAT similar as SM1?
IGN is notorious for giving odd reviews for movies. This guy chose to give a shine to the 3D effects rather than the performances from a stellar cast, and wouldn't get off his "this movie is too much like TDK and they're just doing what Raimi did" high horse. This has been driven in the dirt by detractors since day one, and it's obvious that this guy was one of them.

Just to legitimize this a little bit, IGN gave Dragonball: Evoultion a pretty great review when it came out back in '09. Their movie reviews are so scatter-brained that it's almost funny. I don't trust this guy at all.

[YT]pf7evs0JszI&feature=g-all-u[/YT]
schmoes know movie review!

IGN is notorious for giving odd reviews for movies. This guy chose to give a shine to the 3D effects rather than the performances from a stellar cast, and wouldn't get off his "this movie is too much like TDK and they're just doing what Raimi did" high horse. This has been driven in the dirt by detractors since day one, and it's obvious that this guy was one of them.

Just to legitimize this a little bit, IGN gave Dragonball: Evoultion a pretty great review when it came out back in '09. Their movie reviews are so scatter-brained that it's almost funny. I don't trust this guy at all.

IGN isn't just one person or one editor stating "we must give inconsistent reviews to everything". If it's the same guy who reviewed both then yes it does say something about his judgement.

Though for me the tone of the review overall seemed positive, not overly so, but I was surprised he gave it a 6/10. To me it seemed like a positive review with a fair warning. Not everyone is going to want to see a Spider-man that seems to have a similar tone to TDK's realism (though saying that it doesn't seem to ruin the movie for that guy either).

Last edited:
IGN's response to all the video dislikes.

Hey guys, we totally understand some of your frustrations with the review. But at the end of the day, we are entitled to our opinion and so are you. We know there are plenty of other reviews that feel the same way and plenty that don't. We don't mind that others disagree with us. Our job is to give you guys our thoughts on the movie so you can make the best decision on whether to watch it. So can't we just get along? - IGN Entertainment

Even though I don't care much for IGN, they have a good point

Lord forbid someone having a different opinion

Lord forbid someone having a different opinion

That's what the internet was created for, to deride those with opinions that are different. And by different I mean wrong. :o

Andrew Garfield is going to be on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight at 11:00PM EST.

I suppose in a sense that someone who can give Ghost Rider 2 a 8/10 while admitting that it's a terrible movie has a valid opinion to review films.

I suppose in a sense that someone who can give Ghost Rider 2 a 8/10 while admitting that it's a terrible movie has a valid opinion to review films.

I disagree with that idea but I just checked the youtube page and he's getting killed. I don't get why. He's been getting killed on his written review too but geez

I like SoV, but I understand why everyone hates it. It's more of a guilty pleasure to me.

I'm not hating the IGN review, I'm just shocked. I didn't expect it. He also called Prometheus a disappointment, and I disagree with that, so we'll see.

it is for this reason why I don't like the idea of reviewers. it's all their opinion. what if they like something i don't or i hate something they like.

as I said in the other thread, some people treat the reviews as they're the be all and end all and the deciding factor if you want to see the movie or not, which in all scenarios it shouldn't be. It's like giving 50 people a fish dish. will everyone like it? no certainly not, some will love it and some will downright hate it. They won't be able to decide for you, It's up to you to try it.

my deciding factor on seeing a movie is the trailer....thats it

But even that doesn't tell you jack.

Case in point, Spider-Man 3.

But even that doesn't tell you jack.

Case in point, Spider-Man 3.

but the trailer isn't supposed to.

The only person that is going to determine if you are going to like something or not is you.

And TDKR.

[blackout]Nah, just kidding. lol[/blackout]

I get how the teaser could've rubbed people off, so you kinda have a point. But every trailer since then has been awesome.

but the trailer isn't supposed to.
The only person that is going to determine if you are going to like something or not is you.

But as you said, your deciding factor is a trailer.

Spider-Man 3's trailer, ESPECIALLY the teaser were amazing. The film itself was not.

I get how the teaser could've rubbed people off, so you kinda have a point. But every trailer since then has been awesome.

No, I was joking that (like SM3) the trailers are great but the movie ends up sucking. But it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"