The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Thread Manager, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Until such time as you have "Moderator" under your name you should probably just completely refrain from telling people what and how to post. Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Stop arguing over me :argh:

3. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Anyone else think that after "The Avengers 2", Marvel should wait 4 years (like they did from 2008's Iron Man to 2012's Avengers) instead of the current year that they're doing now before making the third one? I'd figure that it'd allow them more time to send out more films during Phase 3 before the third big team up.

We already have Ant-Man and Dr. Strange confirmed. And I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting Captain America 3 and Thor 3 as well.

Now assuming that Marvel releases 2 MCU films every year, if you start with 2015's Antman, we'd have about 7 MCU films that could be released before a 2019 release date of Avengers 3.

Possible films to fill out that list would be:

1. Antman (Confirmed)
    2. Dr. Strange (Confirmed)
    3. Captain America 3 (All But Confirmed)
    4. Thor 3 (All But Confirmed)
    5. Hulk 2 (Most likely, especially with Feige's comments about potentially doing another solo Hulk film after the Avengers 2)
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Possible)
    7. Black Panther?

4. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I actually think that waiting a tad longer would indeed be the best option. After the high of the first movie, I have an insatiable appetite for part 2, so I'm glad it's arriving as soon as 2015 with all the solo sequels in-between (with GOTG as a kick-ass bonus).

Once TA2 is all said and done, I think I'll be much more interested in seeing newer properties develop and seeing the MCU really expand. Ant-Man coming out later that year is just the thing I'll need to get me started. I don't know how other people feel, but I think holding the third chapter out an extra year or two will only build more great anticipation. Like the new characters (Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc) will be refreshing and keep the MCU from feeling like a rinse-and-repeat cycle of heroes, then The Avengers 3 will show up after the long wait to a much more satisfying feeling of "they're back!"

It's unlikely this'll happen, but Feige has pleasantly surprised me before.

5. herolee10

Indeed; plus, think of all of the potential heroes that they can introduce within the SHIELD TV Series during that break period that wouldn't normally have gotten exposure due to most feeling that they can't support a feature film on their own.

6. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Well-Known Member

YES! I really hope they introduce new heroes through the show. Maybe not top tier ones. But I am really hoping this happens.

7. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Eh, I believe in striking while the iron is hot; but I figure that if fanboys can (im)patiently wait 4 years between TDK and TDKR, they can do the same for the Avengers films. And yes, it would give more time to build up the MCU with new characters and sequels for the primaries.

I'd go for:

2015: Avengers 2/ Ant-Man
    2016: Ms. Marvel/ Black Panther/ Dr. Strange
    2017: TIH 2/ Thor 3
    2018: GOTG 2/ Cap 3
    2019: Avengers 3/ IM 4

8. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Marvel is waiting 4 years between Avengers films as it is, from 2011 to 2015 for TA2. Unless you meant something else. :dry:

9. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I'd want:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

To have clips leading toward The Avengers 2, or can we at least get a tease of it in The Avengers 2? Perhaps like a spider-web in one of the scenes that will make room for him in The Avengers 3.

10. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Would be hard to have clips unless marvel and sony are working together.

11. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

He meant from 2012 to 2015, the gap between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2.

12. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

It's hard to picture them pairing up two unknown properties in a single year, now that they have multiple franchises they can sequelize. But the movies here are probably about right (except maybe Hulk 2, which I still have a hard time imagining happening). Also as weird as it is to think about that would actually be 6 years between Iron Man movies, lol. Something more like

2015: Avengers 2/Ant-Man
    2016: Thor 3/Dr Strange
    2017: Cap 3/Black Panther
    2018: GotG 2/Inhumans
    2019: Avengers 3/Something

Seems more likely IMO

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  13. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

That's around the timeline I'm seeing. I hope they don't do Inhumans, I think there are a lot better characters/teams.

14. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

This is pretty much my list except with a few rearrangements in films and Hulk 2 instead of BP.

2016: Thor 3/Hulk 2
    2017: Dr Strange/Cap 3
    2018: GotG2/Inhumans
    2019: Avengers 3

15. cherokeesam

Yeah, my 4-year timeline would be a bit different for the studio, but my thinking is that after Avengers 2, they could give the principals a year-long break and try to push a bevy of new guys 'n' girls from late 2015 thru late 2016. Then resume the sequels/franchises in 2017.

16. herolee10

Anyone else think that before Phase 3 comes to a close, that we should have the third Avengers film conclude with the team staying together as opposed to always going their separate ways after the end of the proverbial "Big Battle"?

17. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

Cameo stuff could still happen, it isn't unheard of for that kind of thing to happen in movies. Ray Nicolette played by Michael Keaton in the movie Jackie Brown is also in the movie Out of Sight.

Film companies aren't like Crips and Bloods. If they can make an extra buck joining forces, anything is possible regardless of rights, which mean nothing if both parties agree to collaborate for the common good of ripping bills out your pocket.

18. cherokeesam

Heck, I think they should do that by the end of Avengers *2*. Start formalizing it into the actual team it's supposed to be.

19. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Agreed. By the end of Avengers 2, we should see them at the Avengers Mansion, together as an actual team.

20. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Man you are seriously a one-track mind.

Marvel doesn't gain anything financially. They've proven they can make $1.5 billion WITHOUT the legendary Spiderman. Why would they want to dip into their own profit potential and also deal with the inevitable havoc of getting Disney Marvel's creative team to agree with Fox's Marvel team on how the character should be portrayed?

Not happening. Move on. Let the fanboy wet dreams go already and enjoy the product they are actually putting out there.

21. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I wanted an spider cameo for a bit. I now realize that until marvel gets back this property, it will not happen.

22. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

What I personally wouldn't mind seeing are easter eggs. Something like Spider-Man on a newspaper in an Avengers movie, not to make him an Avenger, but to see him there.

23. DOOZlovesBOOZ

DOOZlovesBOOZ Well-Known Member

You really should open up to other characters Venom. Youd save yourself from disappointment and us the headaches. The constant derailment of conversations by you is obnoxious. I'm not trying to be an ahole but we got the point you love spiderman and want him in the MCU. But its not happening, the day the two studios announce it you can then be on that ish like white on rice.

24. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

:whatever: Your point, please? I find it annoying that you know that "it's not happening."

25. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

the point is that you derail the threads into these arguements. It's not likely. But right now, there are other things to be speculating on. Ironman is coming out soon, we are getting some casting news for gotg, avengers 2 is gunna be a thanos story most likely, and feel free to talk about that, as there IS stuff to talk about regarding stuff that IS likely to happen in avengers 2. It's hard to do that when you constantly derail this thread, creating yet again, spiderman in the avengers. i really don't know if you are a troll or a plant or whatever, I hope not, if you feel this strongly abotu spiderman, please jsut create another thread about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.