Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

They're trying to milk as much of the world box office as possible before the DVD comes out. AoU was just released at theaters in Japan late last month.

Yeah, I know. Technically, AoU should have come out on DVD/Blu-Ray before Ant Man was released since usually, MCU films have home release before the next film comes out. For example, WS was released on DVD before GOTG came out, IM3 before TDW etc.
There was no way that AOU would come out on home release before Ant-Man was in theaters, not with about 2 1/2 months between their release dates in theaters. With IM3 & Thor:TDW - there was 6 months between when those films were released in the theater. IM3 making it to home release before Thor:TDW hit made sense. With CA:TWS - that did not hit home release before GotG hit theaters. CA:TWS was released on home media at the beginning of September, GotG had already been in theaters a month by the time TWS came out on home release.

Looking at the dates (with just a couple of exceptions), Marvel tends to have at least 4 1/2 months between a film's release date in theaters and when it gets released on BluRay/DVD, if not a little more than 4 1/2 months. Other MCU films that had approx. 5 months between theater release and home release (like Age of Ultron will be): Iorn Man, Iron Man 2, Avengers, Iron Man 3 (all just barely under an exact 5 months), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (just a smidge over an exact 5 months).

(note: my numbers are based on when the films were released in the U.S...... and yes, I have a spreadsheet that I track this type of stuff in :oldrazz:)

Last edited:
Marvel's all over the place with their release schedule sometimes. Usually it's about 5 months after theatrical release, but Captain America: TFA and Thor: TDW were released on Blu-ray/DVD about three months after they were in theaters. Personally, I think Marvel could have gotten by with releasing AOU at the beginning of September.

Well UK is getting it 14th of September (day after my birthday sweet!) so that's awesome.

Amazon usually do some special editions . I know Zavvi does too but I don’t really trust them. And HMV do some good steelbook editions as well.

tumblr_nssrx8Sq9U1qmnipwo1_1280.jpg

Brenda Coffey ‏@brenda_coffey 6 hours ago @MakeAWish got our pics today! @RobertDowneyJr @chrishemsworth @ChrisEvans it was great time. #williamismyhero

Yeah but you know what I mean. It's a shame what they have to go through. That's not what I meant. I'm happy for them too, I'm sure the meet and greet helped cheer them up a bit.

Wow, great pic for those kids. :up:

Looks like it was a great day for those kids.
Good for them.

First 720p WEB-DL is out apparently. But how?!

No clue. the date was moved up apparently and we ARE close to that date.
Sep 4th is the new Digital date release in the States

I thought this movie was coming out on DVD next month...but as it turned out, its Oct...damn

The AOU gag reel is popping up all over on Tumblr.

MAN I want to see the Gag reel!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"