Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Can’t wait for this. Hopefully some special editions come out here in the UK. I’m not waiting for the Phase Two boxset. I want it NAO!

"You want to save the world but you dont want it to change"

My theory is that Ultron isnt a villain, hes just an extremist Avenger

Maybe I'm a dummy for not catching it, but has this been brought up:

After re-watching this scene for the first time, is it likely that Thanos sent Ultron's AI in through Chitauri tech as a trojan horse to get HYDRA/The Avengers to initiate it and ultimately have it retrieve the Mind Stone still on Earth? Leading to the credit scene actually tying into the movie itself? It'd be a weirdly convoluted approach for him, but maybe he figured a murder-bot could wipe out the humans; then he could just take the Stone from wherever it may be on the mostly desolate planet (in this case, it would've been on Ultron's forehead in his "Vision body" had all gone according to plan).

I just searched around and found out some people have a similar theory, and unlike most I actually don't think this one is all too out-there, considering the heavy callbacks/references and heavy emphasis on Ultron's initial AI coming from a separate source, as well as being pretty foreign and mysterious in nature.

Yes that's the impression was in. Because obviously scepter is something that came from the Chitauri and Thanos, I thought it was their plan all along.

Doesn't the Ultron project predate the sceptor?

Yes, Stark & Banner used the advance algorithm blueprints of the A.I. found in the sceptre (mind stone) to interface with Ultron there by giving life to Ultron.

The Ultron project does, but the specific, organic/alien-looking AI material that they use to put into Ultron as the final piece of the puzzle comes from the scepter.

The scepter basically gave Ultron a "mind", where Tony and Banner and JARVIS previously failed.

The scepter basically gave Ultron a "mind", where Tony and Banner and JARVIS previously failed.

with advancements, ultimately Stark's desire is fullfilled with Vision who becomes exactly what he had originally intended Ultron to be.

If the gems are like the comics, then Thanos cannot control them, just harness their power. Whivh u think has more or less been implied. They have their own basic sentience, and want to be grouped together, like the ring and Sauron. But they don't necessarily answer to one person like the ring.

I thought Ultron was awesome

He had amazing lines in this movie.

I think the physical design of him was awful though. He looked more like "Megultron". And then there were the teeth. I mean really?

I wished they would have had him make the Jack-O-Lantern face when he was pissed.

Last edited:
^ At first I was game for the design, but seeing it in action alongside the broken IM form and then the Ultron drones at the end made me see how much more effective and unsettling the static face was in comparison. The bending metal around the mouth was particularly weird. I understand the initial idea to get a full performance with expressions, but strange choices were made from thereon in.

Ultron wasnt a villain thats why he isnt scary looking. He was just an extremist hero. The Avengers to the Nth degree basically. Whereas they stopped at a certain point in terms of "saving us", Ultron didnt. Joss even said that Ultron wants to save us, thats his main goal, it wasnt to be an Evil villain that wants to destroy everything for no reason like in the comics. In Ultrons mind, hes the hero, not the Avengers. He thinks theyre posers.

But if his goal wasn't to be scary looking why'd he make his own drones (which he several times took on as a vessel) scary looking?

Why is the home release date so late? Avengers 1 and Iron Man 3 had September releases but they also came out in May.

Son of a Coul: I dont really consider them scary looking. Theyre drones. How scary can they be?

Huh? I was saying that Ultron's look would be more effective & unsettling with the static Jack-O-Face, like his drones. You posited that he wasn't supposed to look scary, so he didn't have that static face. His drones do have that face though, so regardless of how you feel about the look, in the context of the movie Ultron (and by extension, Whedon) was open to using that design as a vessel for him, so it doesn't really work as a reason for why they didn't go with that approach.

Ultron wasnt a villain thats why he isnt scary looking. He was just an extremist hero. The Avengers to the Nth degree basically. Whereas they stopped at a certain point in terms of "saving us", Ultron didnt. Joss even said that Ultron wants to save us, thats his main goal, it wasnt to be an Evil villain that wants to destroy everything for no reason like in the comics. In Ultrons mind, hes the hero, not the Avengers. He thinks theyre posers.

Notice I said "when he was pissed". IMO seeing that would have heightened the moments when he lost his cool (ex. cutting off Klaue's arm). Although I wouldn't be against him having the classic face for the entire film. I mean hell they could've done it to where it was electronic vibrations within the open mouth mimicking talking movements.

Regardless, he had a specific purpose for why he considered wiping the humans out as a logical option. Yet, he became more sinister/ruthless as events unfolded. He transitioned from something strangely you could feel a little empathy for to something maniacal.

Speaking of which, I felt he would have been better served with more to support the whole "I was meant for something greater" (or whatever the line was) he spoke when he first meets the twins, so that sympathy from the audience would have been more legitimately earned.

Last edited:
Notice I said "when he was pissed". IMO seeing that would have heightened the moments when he lost his cool (ex. cutting off Klaue's arm. Although I wouldn't be against him having the classic face for the entire film. I mean hell they could've done it to where it was electronic vibrations within the open mouth mimicking talking movements.

Regardless, he had a specific purpose for why he considered wiping the humans out as a logical option. Yet, he became more sinister/ruthless as events unfolded. He transitioned from something strangely you could feel a little empathy for to something maniacal.

Speaking of which, I felt he could have been better served by establishing more to support the whole "I was mean for something greater" (or whatever the line was) he spoke when he first meets the twins, so that sympathy from the audience would have been more legitimately earned.

Reminds me of Zod from Man of Steel. I liked both villains.

I didn't really mind the design. Made it seem like he was trying to be more human in a way. It was symbolic, all his versions, of him growing up in a way. Though some of the designs of the figures are just creepy and so off! I do prefer the look in the comics, but the movie version was pretty cool too. Especially seeing how tall he was compared to everyone else. :p

The Ultron project does, but the specific, organic/alien-looking AI material that they use to put into Ultron as the final piece of the puzzle comes from the scepter.
the infinity stone IN Thanos' specter is BILLIONS of years old. I predates the universe lol

Why is the home release date so late? Avengers 1 and Iron Man 3 had September releases but they also came out in May.

Yeah, I know. Technically, AoU should have come out on DVD/Blu-Ray before Ant Man was released since usually, MCU films have home release before the next film comes out. For example, WS was released on DVD before GOTG came out, IM3 before TDW etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"