Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrCosmic, except that Stark WASN'T the main focus of Avengers, I really don't get why people are saying that.

Stark wasn't the main focus, in fact there was a version of the film that had Captain America as the entire main focus but Joss Whedon decided to make the Avengers all equal

Stark wasn't the main focus, in fact there was a version of the film that had Captain America as the entire main focus but Joss Whedon decided to make the Avengers all equal

Except Hawkeye :o

DrCosmic, except that Stark WASN'T the main focus of Avengers, I really don't get why people are saying that.

The reasons I say it are:
1) Stark has the most significant character arc of the film, both in degree of change, time devoted to said arc, and relevance to the overall story.
2) Stark is the one who actually fixes the problem (with an assist from Black Widow, and technically, the WSC)
3) Stark is the one who deduces Loki's plan and confronts Loki on a personal level. Even Thor cannot get inside Loki's head, but Stark does, and makes it look good.(Edit: And Stark figures out the plan so quickly because it's centered on him!)
4) Stark is the first Avenger we meet, he has arguably the grandest entrance. If we count Thor's entrance as greater, then... well, it was great because he was fighting Iron Man.
5) Stark also figures out what SHIELD is up to and basically pwns them, though to be fair, his suspicion does provoke Cap to do the same.
6) RDJ pretty much steals every scene he's in, except the Big Lab Argument
7) He was the most promoted and most favorited character.
8) Stark is the center of the climactic scene, and has the last line.
9+) I could kinda go on and on. Anything that made any other character important (with the possible exception of Loki) Stark seems to have done and then some. Cap gives orders... when Stark tells him to. Hulk smashes Loki... after Stark fortold his inevitable defeat and put him on his back. Thor lightnings up some Behemoths, Stark flies straight through them. Coulson dies failing to stop Loki, Stark practically dies succeeding.

Now, all the Avengers were ostensibly equal, and they all did cool things and had necessary roles in the story, but the Iron Man was clearly the most significant and relevant member of the team.

Last edited:
StreetWarrior, thank you for doing a better work of conveying everything I've been trying to say about the Pym/Ultron/Stark scenario.

who cares :yay:

Many people who were fans of the comic. Hawkeye is/was pretty popular in the comics world. The movie, while amazing in nearly all regards, didn't do the character justice. In the comics, Hawkeye has RDJ's personality and Stark is much more serious. Their personalities were flipped.

And... I care. :csad:

StreetWarrior, thank you for doing a better work of conveying everything I've been trying to say about the Pym/Ultron/Stark scenario.

You're quite welcome! Just glad I'm not alone.

Hawkeye deserves more. And I think Whedon agrees with you guys. He should play a much bigger role in TA2.

Of course theres a significant chance that Hawkeye will meet his maker by the end of the movie. Whedon's been known to do that.

I hope he and Hulk mess with eachother and builds this relationship where they "hate" on eachother and then when he dies Hulk goes crazy and smash em!

They managed pretty well in the cartoons to create this haweye-hulk messing thingy.

I love Hawkeye but he is definitely the most expendable. But hey, this is a comic book movie. EVERYONE dies and comes back and some point or another. Hell, Hawkeye's died twice in the last 10 years. At the hands of the [BLACKOUT]Scarlet Witch [/BLACKOUT]even.

Did I just discover how Whedon can have his death even without Marvel wanting him (really) killing off a character? :oldrazz:

Ya that was a good series of posts. :up:

Thank you!

Anyone have any guesses on how they'll handle Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? I'm guessing that [BLACKOUT]the Avengers' first act will be to capture the duo for smaller crimes[/BLACKOUT] (hence Whedon's quote about them being villains). Then, when [BLACKOUT]things with Ultron heat up, they'll be released from custody to join the team against Ultron. Scarlet Witch does have a long history of being the one to take down Ultron. Technology is apparently weak against (chaos) magic... [/BLACKOUT]

Just and idea.

Last edited:
..Then, when [BLACKOUT]things with Ultron heat up, they'll be released from custody to join the team against Ultron. Scarlet Witch does have a long history of being the one to take down Ultron. Technology is apparently weak against (chaos) magic... [/BLACKOUT]

Just and idea.

I think it's [BLACKOUT]a safe bet she'll be instrumental in fighting the Ultron threat. But they'll probably leave it up to Tony to deliver the winning blow.[/BLACKOUT]

Well Tony had the final blow in Avengers
So I'd like to see either Wanda do it since she's a newbie, or ideally, Thor having a "We would have words with thee!" moment

or hell, maybe the avengers are defeated except Cap, who then picks up the hammer and drops it on Ultron's head

Well Tony had the final blow in Avengers
So I'd like to see either Wanda do it since she's a newbie, or ideally, Thor having a "We would have words with thee!" moment

Oh! "We would have words with Thee!" had better be in there. It's a friggen classic! :woot:

4) Stark is the first Avenger we meet, he has arguably the grandest entrance. If we count Thor's entrance as greater, then... well, it was great because he was fighting Iron Man.
8) Stark is the center of the climactic scene, and has the last line.

I agree pretty much with what you're saying except for the above.

We meet everybody (except Thor) before Stark in Avengers.

Fury has the last line.

Same here. Have you begun to watch the new Avengers Assemble that is the follow-up?

Follow-up my butt. :p

I can't stand Avengers Assemble. I don't think its very good.

the animation in AA just looks so painfully bad, haven't been able to bring myself to watch it, also heard the "humor" was a little painful, has it improved??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"