Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah rdj flew there with a private helicopter and SLJ is there too. Also now I read ScarJo might there at the shootings. But apparently security is really tight to get more infos

Hehe, yep that was me on twitter who asked about the other actors and the woman answered right away :D. Though by now I really doubt we'll see Scarlett anywhere on set photos... If spectators give a "eh, maybe", they've probably just seen that red wig in the distance... It's pretty clear by now that her stunt woman is doing much of her job and that woman has done everything where there was even a chance of a stranger's camera being near. Scarlett probably just doesn't want to be seen shooting with her baby bump which is very understandable.

*or, and that's really just my personal little hope, we'll see her face get scarred like in the Age of Ultron-comics and they don't want us to know, because that would really be an awesome storyline*

Man, go Scarlett. Really.

The last photos I saw of her were a few weeks ago and she was REALLY showing. I just hope they can replicate a near perfect dupe of her body to stick her head on (in post).

All these characters being rumoured to join and spotted on set etc, if they're not all in A2 there's a chance they could all be on board for at least cameos or short roles by Avengers 3 for Thanos. If no deaths we could have the original 6, the 3 new guys in AoU, the existing buddy characters from the solo films (3 I believe), and those either rumoured (2) or confirmed (2) to appear in Phase 3.

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
The Vision
War Machine/Iron Patriot
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Ms Marvel
Black Panther
Ant Man
Dr Strange

Not 100 % the right thread but interesting for future speculation anyway... Can anyone who has the phase one blu ray set from last year help me out? I can't find a fricking scan of the Hawkeye and Black Widow files that came with the set. The only picture floating around, there's parts of them covered. Can you help a girl out here?

Thing is: I've stumbled over the more or less official MCU timeline on that MCU wiki and they give an unfortunately unsourced year for the moment when Clint found Natasha and recruited her... That years says she was 14 which seems awfully early to me. I always suspected she worked for the KGB longer.

That site also states - again unsourced - she was only 10 or 11 when she joined the KGB, which seems complete guesswork to me.
That wiki only references the The Avengers movie as source for both, and that's just plain wrong. No date for anything was given there. So I was wondering if there's any indicator on these S.H.I.E.L.D. files, so one can speculate what kind of stories we might see about this relationship coming up in AOU... The MCU timeline is ****ed up already and who knows how accurate these files still are since they are constantly shifting and changing months and years. But especially given that they contained Natasha's true birth year long before Cap2 came out, it's worth a shot...

I don't know how old Natasha is supposed to be in the MCU. Scarlett was born in 1984, and the KGB ceased to exist in 1991. That would've made her 7 years old at the time of dismantling, if Nat is the same age as ScarJo. The FSB, the successor to the KGB, was formed in 1995, which would make her 11 years old. But they said KGB, not FSB, even though that doesn't exist anymore.

Natasha is born 1984 in the MCU. That information of her birth year is valid, it's on her file and was mentioned in Cap2. How they want to work the KGB in there? No idea. It's MCU, not real life. Guess they'll just make it so that a branch of the KGB exists for longer than it really did. But I'd like to see that file that came with the blu ray set anyway because I can't find a full picture of it anywhere. I want to know if there's a date on it when she joined S.H.I.E.L.D.. THAT'S the open question here. The timeline I mentioned does guesswork as far as I can see. They just say, she joined the KGB with 11 and then S.H.I.E.L.D. with 14 and provide The Avengers-movie as source, and again, that is just WRONG. In The Avengers there was no age or year mentioned anywhere, as of when she started working as a spy EXACTLY and when Clint brought her in. The only source I can imagine left is that file which is why I'd like to see it. But I refuse to buy a whole box set for that ;). Especially since I own all the dvds and blu rays.

And frankly, so far I buy NEITHER of these guessed dates. 3 years of training a child, no matter how hard, are not NEARLY enough to make her the perfect spy she says she was AND commit all these supposed crimes she's trying to atone for...

Last edited:
If Wanda and Pietro are "miracles" theres got to be more of them in the world. They might even help Tony & Co seek out and recruit them. ?

We also cant forget that brain slot concept from IM3. That might play into more people becoming super human.

Natasha is born 1984 in the MCU. That information of her birth year is valid, it's on her file and was mentioned in Cap2. How they want to work the KGB in there? No idea. It's MCU, not real life. Guess they'll just make it so that a branch of the KGB exists for longer than it really did. But I'd like to see that file that came with the blu ray set anyway because I can't find a full picture of it anywhere. I want to know if there's a date on it when she joined S.H.I.E.L.D.. THAT'S the open question here. The timeline I mentioned does guesswork as far as I can see. They just say, she joined the KGB with 11 and then S.H.I.E.L.D. with 14 and provide The Avengers-movie as source, and again, that is just WRONG. In The Avengers there was no age or year mentioned anywhere, as of when she started working as a spy EXACTLY and when Clint brought her in. The only source I can imagine left is that file which is why I'd like to see it. But I refuse to buy a whole box set for that ;). Especially since I own all the dvds and blu rays.

And frankly, so far I buy NEITHER of these guessed dates. 3 years of training a child, no matter how hard, are not NEARLY enough to make her the perfect spy she says she was AND commit all these supposed crimes she's trying to atone for...
If no one has provided you with the info/scan from the phase 1 set by the time I get home from work and my hair appointment right after (which means about 9-10 hours from now before I get home, yeesh it's going to be a long day today), I'll see what I can do :)

Again, thanks so much :).

Reports from today's shooting in Kent state that RDJ has flown in with an Iron Man-helicopter, btw...

Last edited:
Speaking of RDJ and MCU character ages... Damn, Stark is 50 in AoU?

Again, thanks so much :).

Reports from today's shooting in Italy state that RDJ has flown in with an Iron Man-helicopter, btw...

Will Thanos be flying in with the Thanos-Copter?

Will Thanos be flying in with the Thanos-Copter?

:whatever:

Believe it or not, in relation to the question if Tony will still have a suit in the beginning of the movie, it's relevant if he travels with a Stark Industries chopper... Still waiting for answer if it's one of those from the user...

*edit* Shooting is in Kent of course, not Italy... Still mentally caught in the last castle shoot in Italy... Hopefully we'll get some neat photos again.

2886471-1762347-sss_thanoscopterbig_super.jpg

^^ lol! The THANOS-COPTER EXISTS! :lmao:

Im hoping ULTRON has an ULTRO-JET

jogjogjogjogjog

771664524294229831.gif

Prediction: Carol Danvers is the first of this group to finish the course.

I hope theres some kind of Starship Troopers style interaction with the new recruits. I love that movie

If Wanda and Pietro are "miracles" theres got to be more of them in the world. They might even help Tony & Co seek out and recruit them. ?

We also cant forget that brain slot concept from IM3. That might play into more people becoming super human.

:up: This.
Hell, they may even be taking the recruitment effort out of this world, so to speak: maybe the set shots that seem to show Thor zapping off to Asgard (or wherever) again could be about The God of Thunder rounding up some friends to join the Avengers' cause.

^^ Agents of SHIELD intro'd super humans to the MCU right?, doesnt seem off to think AOU will have more of them too.

Carol Danvers: Those new recruits is a perfect way to intro her.

I don't know how old Natasha is supposed to be in the MCU. Scarlett was born in 1984, and the KGB ceased to exist in 1991. That would've made her 7 years old at the time of dismantling, if Nat is the same age as ScarJo. The FSB, the successor to the KGB, was formed in 1995, which would make her 11 years old. But they said KGB, not FSB, even though that doesn't exist anymore.

And Obama isn't president during the MCU but Steve has a copy of his biography on his book shelf along with other presidential bios and military history. Hydra also doesn't really exist and we haven't been invaded by aliens. In the MCU timeline the KGB could not only have lasted longer it could very well still exist today.

Joss said during The Avengers that Natasha was an un-enhanced human, like Clint. He liked having the perspective and physical abilities of "regular" humans as a contrast. The writers for TWS have also said Nat is un-enhanced, does not have a preternatural long life courtesy of a formula and they used her younger and more modern self as a contrast to Steve. Fury in the MCU is also a normal human - no infinity formula. Dugan is dead.

They didn't want a bunch of characters running around from the 1940s since it rather devalues the man out of time concept for Rogers. Also unlike in comics they didn't have to keep making up reasons why these characters once in WWII were not aging since they were introduced in a modern setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"