Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
from CBM

Mark Ruffalo Promises 'Very Cool Science Bros Stuff' In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

"There's lots of 'Science Bros. stuff" said Mark Ruffalo of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.) fan-favorite dynamic in Age of Ultron that was established in The Avengers. "There's some cool Science Bros stuff... very cool stuff," he added. Ruffalo then reassured that he's seen the many Tumblr memes and art inspired by the dynamic. When asked for an update on another potential Hulk movie, Mark Ruffalo said, "I think they are, for the first time, entertaining the idea of it." He continued, "When we did The Avengers it was basically 'No!', and now there is some consideration for it. But there's still nothing definitive, not even a skeletal version of what it would be. I look forward to going down that road, if we could crack that nut."

^^ "Very cool Science Bros stuff" I take as meaning working on supercool science projects together. :word:

Last edited:
Ya know, there seems to be a lot of pair-teams in the film (2nd movie, 2's are everywhere!)
I'd love to see action from all the closely knit pairs:

Science Bros.
Stark
Banner

Warrior Bros.
Cap
Thor

Espionage Bros.
Widow
Hawkeye

The Twins
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

The 'Sidekicks' Bros.
Falcon
War Machine

The Bald Pragmatist Bros.
Vision
Nick Fury

Seeing them break off into different groups to tackle specific missions would be a lot of fun

Ya know, there seems to be a lot of pair-teams in the film (2nd movie, 2's are everywhere!)
I'd love to see action from all the closely knit pairs:

Science Bros.
Stark
Banner

Warrior Bros.
Cap
Thor

Espionage Bros.
Widow
Hawkeye

The Twins
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch

The 'Sidekicks' Bros.
Falcon
War Machine

The Bald Pragmatist Bros.
Vision
Nick Fury

Seeing them break off into different groups to tackle specific missions would be a lot of fun

the last one is a stretch :p

elH1vlW.png

(I like Miracle Bros for QS and SW better) but Warrior Bros is great, Sidekick Bros is cool

Fury and Vision: The Cueball Bros ;)

Last edited:
^^ Theyre not literally of course, its just to keep the consistency. haha

When it rains it pours, I know all this news and updates won't last and that makes me sad but for now I'll eat it all up! This movie is going to be so amazing I'm not sure if my body will be able to handle it. But I will proabaly see this 2 times a day all weekend on opening weekend if not more

I think AOU will really open the MCUs floodgates for their super universe. Itll be more epic in scope in many ways. Everything will be increased and more developed.

I to feel that this is going to be the point where the MCU really explodes and expands. And if GotG blows up before this (which I think it will) the MCU is really going to be unstoppable for years to come. Depending on how Ant-Man turns out (That's the only thing I'm worried about right now) WB/DC are really going to have to play catch up to try and compete. And they way they are trying to cram everybody into BvS I'm not sure they really have any idea on how to do it and be succesful

mcPJ7Jx.png

Cap's new suit is just glorious, deal lawd..:hubba

That middle stripe really irks me for some reason
But it is a really nice costume

That middle stripe really irks me for some reason
But it is a really nice costume

I feel the same. And I love how wide the suit makes his shoulders look!

I just really love how so many people have run away with the meme: "Chris Evans' body = inverted Dorito".

But yes. Inverted Dorito does make for the best superhero body template.

All this....and im wondering how SHIELD will fit into this universe if its not mentioned in this movie? Coulson was a big part of the first Avengers...and didnt Fury tell him in AoS that he was also an Avenger?

I understand Whedon's comments on trying to make AoU a direct sequel to the first Avengers - which I like btw. I don't want to have to watch IM3, Thor TDW and TWS in-between if I'm having an Avengers marathon at home (can't wait lol), but I also understand people feeling a bit iffy about it. I mean, Tony immediately the new Nick Fury of the Avengers, Cap and Widow back in each other's presence after parting ways... I'm sure they'll address those Phase Two events later in the film, but still. I'm not sure about just starting off as if they're one big happy family again.

Suit looks great in that last shot.

And Obama isn't president during the MCU but Steve has a copy of his biography on his book shelf along with other presidential bios and military history. Hydra also doesn't really exist and we haven't been invaded by aliens. In the MCU timeline the KGB could not only have lasted longer it could very well still exist today.

Joss said during The Avengers that Natasha was an un-enhanced human, like Clint. He liked having the perspective and physical abilities of "regular" humans as a contrast. The writers for TWS have also said Nat is un-enhanced, does not have a preternatural long life courtesy of a formula and they used her younger and more modern self as a contrast to Steve. Fury in the MCU is also a normal human - no infinity formula. Dugan is dead.

They didn't want a bunch of characters running around from the 1940s since it rather devalues the man out of time concept for Rogers. Also unlike in comics they didn't have to keep making up reasons why these characters once in WWII were not aging since they were introduced in a modern setting.
so I was right. Hawkeye is just a regular human that can aim good. They need to explain how he's able to shoot down flying objects without even looking at the target because unexplained, that scene was bogus and hokey

Hawkeye is supposed to be the best marksman in the world with heightened vision/accuracy/coordination. That would include his peripheral vision. He would be able to shoot something without looking directly at it. Its like when someone throws a basketball into a hoop without looking. Its possible if your skills are highly developed and his are much greater than regular humans (see the computer/arrow scene). He COULD shoot an arrow that well because hes a unique person.

Also, its a freakin sci fi/fantasy movie. Its not Die Hard. If you pick stuff like that apart, you could pick apart Tonys ability to fly using an arc reactor etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"