Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should elaborate. Leave it at "they're the same" and not try to dig into the details.

Maybe Thor has some weird nano tech aspect to him that explains his connection to Mjolnir, but fans don't want to see that aspect get brought up.

It ruins the traditional comic book aesthetic that's associated with Thor. We don't want to think about Thor+Nanites, we just want to think of him as the God of Thunder. He's powerful because... well, magic. I guess. Just like how we like to think of Hulk being just gamma based, and some have slammed Ang Lee's Hulk being justified by a combination of genetics, nanites and gamma radiation.

Is that lazy? Perhaps, but the world is not ready for an in-depth justification of Thor's brand of magic.
People shouldn't get mad that I prefer the mcu version. Less magic more realism. This section is devoted to the mcu versions.
Don't worry, another user and myself have already informed some mods about the situation. :word:
I haven't broken any rules. Haven't singled anyone out, no foul language and I haven't bullied anyone and I try to stay on topic. If you don't like what I say, just don't read it, it's not that hard.

Looks like our long nightmare is over. Now we can actually get to discussing AoU stuff without annoyances.

Thank god it's over. Is it always like this here?

MauriSSio got banned?:funny:

lRlTqgt.gif

I hope Maurissio got banned for being a sock-puppet account or something else, because I'd hate like hell to think he got banned for having an unpopular opinion about a personal theory about a comic-book movie.

Hell, I disagree with the guy's opinion about magic vs. science in the MCU, too, but some of you guys act like he didn't have the right to express it. And some of you act like this is the first time the subject has been brought up; we've had plenty of arguments pro and con over the years about this stuff, and I've never seen anyone getting *banned* for saying what they felt about it.

Little less pitchforks and torches might be nice.

I hope Maurissio got banned for being a sock-puppet account or something else, because I'd hate like hell to think he got banned for having an unpopular opinion about a personal theory about a comic-book movie.

Hell, I disagree with the guy's opinion about magic vs. science in the MCU, too, but some of you guys act like he didn't have the right to express it. And some of you act like this is the first time the subject has been brought up; we've had plenty of arguments pro and con over the years about this stuff, and I've never seen anyone getting *banned* for saying what they felt about it.

Its not about expressing an unpopular opinion, he just would not shut up about it to the point that no one could discuss anything but his opinion. Also Mark Ruffalo sure is talking a lot these days, hope he doesnt get himself in trouble someday.

Cherokeesam: I dont think anyone in here wants to go Lynch Mob on people. We all want to celebrate these MCU movies, talk about em and have fun. When someone disrupts that, it sticks out like a sore thumb. That guy was clearly trying to post-jack the place and cause trouble.

Last edited:

He was baiting, plain and simple. This science vs magic argument wasn't the first time people had a clash with him, he started with a Hawkeye argument that dragged on for way too long and when people decided not to respond, he moved on to the Avengers kill count, to Thor then to Magic and science. I don't think he got banned for having an 'unpopular opinion.' Lots of people disagree here and have unpopular opinions but we never see them get banned. Him getting banned speaks of a much deeper issue than just an 'unpopular opinion'.:oldrazz:

Cherokeesam it's obvious if you read just a few of his posts why he got banned. No mystery there.

So any word on whether that latino review stuff about a Bruce/Natasha romance is true? Sounds... completely out of the blue.

Am I the only one that thinks people saying Bruce/Natasha came out of nowhere are insane? It was clearly hinted at in the first film. I know half the users on this thread will come up with 3-paragraph responses on why I'm wrong, but seriously? To say "hardly" or that there was nothing period? I mean sure, some people may be upset with the pairing in general or because of the way things ended in TWS... But saying that this thing came out of nowhere is almost like everyone is overlooking the first film.

I missed a high-octane, intense scenario, can someone summarized what happened in this thread?

THANKS A LOT!

No I agree with you Kurne. I don't think it's out of nowhere and they had some nice moments in Avengers. Nothing big of course but I can see them going in that way in the long term.

Looks like I missed out on something lol

Am i the only one that find's it odd that, she seemed to have had a thing going on with Cap and Hawkeye? and now Bruce?

I never saw anything between Bruce and Natasha except when Bruce yelled at her which really seemed to frighten her. Could that be the initial spark that started it off?

No I agree with you Kurne. I don't think it's out of nowhere and they had some nice moments in Avengers. Nothing big of course but I can see them going in that way in the long term.

Yeah well it's the fact that it wasn't anything big that's gotten people freaking out. Like you said, there was still something there, but people seem to ignore it or call it irrelevant.

I dunno. Maybe that spoiler description was too forward? "Banner is afraid to sleep with Natasha..." I mean I guess I'm also a little surprised they made it that far, lol.

Last edited:
Widow has pretty much flirted with every Avenger except Thor. Weird.

Can't wait for Scarlet Witch to do the same thing.

Im thinking out of everyone she'll be most into The Vision simply because hes the weirdest character (also cuz of the comics). She'll be like: Yes! Oh yes! gimme that synthetic lovin! :lmao:

I agree. No reason to ban a person if he has an unpopular opinion.

Man those are some cool Thor pics!!!
That cannon looks AWESOME

Widow has pretty much flirted with every Avenger except Thor. Weird.

Can't wait for Scarlet Witch to do the same thing.

I still dont know when/where she flirted with Banner.

Scarlett said, in TWS you could see something between Cap and Widow but they both know it wouldn't work, and now suddenly Widow thinks being with Banner will work?

I agree. No reason to ban a person if he has an unpopular opinion.
He was obviously TROLLING. We won't put up with people that put others down and their own opinion his the only one that matters, there IS a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"