Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Whedon's comments on trying to make AoU a direct sequel to the first Avengers - which I like btw. I don't want to have to watch IM3, Thor TDW and TWS in-between if I'm having an Avengers marathon at home (can't wait lol), but I also understand people feeling a bit iffy about it. I mean, Tony immediately the new Nick Fury of the Avengers, Cap and Widow back in each other's presence after parting ways... I'm sure they'll address those Phase Two events later in the film, but still. I'm not sure about just starting off as if they're one big happy family again.
There were so many things about those recent "spoilers" that I found entirely questionable and this here hits on the biggest one for me. I doubt that the movie would open with the whole team immediately back together and on a mission, at that. That just seems terrible from a narrative standpoint. I'm sure forming the team won't take as long as it did in the first one where they were all first meeting each other, but imo it *should* take a little bit of time and even be a slightly awkward process easing everyone back together, no? I'm just thinking about what that quote of Whedon's that went something like "can these people actually stand each other."

You could compare it to Lethal Weapon 1 and 2, just with more people from a relationship standpoint. Riggs and Murtaugh went through their trials and tribulations but by the end they came to an understanding. In the sequel you can jump right into action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"