Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he actually goes look like him, add the purple skin, the weird chin, you got Thanos. Nicely played Marvel once again.

What kind of accent I guess would he use for the voice? His voice unlike Vin Diesel for example, is kind of everyman sounding. I don't think he's quite known for accents either?

Brolin is perfect for Thanos.

Man Brolin is Thanos. I'm hoping Fox would have Keith David for Apocalypse and WB would have Ron Perlman for Darkseid.

I will say when he was rumored for Batman, part of me wishes he got that because I would have loved to see him as Batman but still him as Thanos is great casting.

Brolin is perfect for Thanos.

Man Brolin is Thanos. I'm hoping Fox would have Keith David for Apocalypse and WB would have Ron Perlman for Darkseid.

Keith David would be awesome as Apocalypse, his voice is great
Still wanna see a live action Gargoyles movie too, it'd be amaze-balls

Last edited:
I dont think Josh has to do some special voice, he can just sound like himself but make it more dramatic to fit Thanos' personality. I think making him more human like is better than turning him into a cardboard cutout alien baddie. We want to identify with him on certain levels.

Case in point: Malekith, that was one of the weakest characters so far in the MCU. The way they presented him was really lifeless and dull. Thanos needs to represent the epicness of the MCU. All the things we love about it. We want to like him even though hes the main villain.

Last edited:
Can't be true.

I was routinely told for months on end that Benicio Del Toro was playing 10 roles and one of them was Thanos.

Can't be true.

I was routinely told for months on end that Benicio Del Toro was playing 10 roles and one of them was Thanos.

I admit when I'm wrong, and I was dead wrong about BDT.

However, I still called the Mandarin twist. YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT FROM ME.

I dont think Josh has to do some special voice, he can just sound like himself but make it more dramatic to fit Thanos' personality. I think making him more human like is better than turning him into a cardboard cutout alien baddie. We want to identify with him on certain levels.

Case in point: Malekith, that was one of the weakest characters so far in the MCU. The way they presented him was really lifeless and dull. Thanos needs to represent the epicness of the MCU. All the things we love about it. We want to like him even though hes the main villain.

I can't imagine Thanos talking with a strong Texan drawl. Brolin will change his voice for sure. Or it will be modulated. Which makes sense seeing as Thanos has very distinct speech bubbles in the comics.

from reddit

a month ago

1vzxeWQ.png

I can't imagine Thanos talking with a strong Texan drawl. Brolin will change his voice for sure. Or it will be modulated. Which makes sense seeing as Thanos has very distinct speech bubbles in the comics.

Errr Josh isnt from Texas, he grew up in LA. Son of actor James Brolin. He doesnt have any accent really

So, if I'm reading that right, Thanos will have a larger part in A2 than he does in GotG? Thats unexpected and awesome!

THANOS will be in GOTG and AOU!! That is so full of win

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

Last edited:
So, if I'm reading that right, Thanos will have a larger part in A2 than he does in GotG? Thats unexpected and awesome!

yep

The Wrap has confirmed Latino Review's scoop, and echoed Variety's note that Josh Brolin will also appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron next year. However, despite the many characters already in Joss Whedon's upcoming Avengers sequel, The Wrap adds that Thanos "will have a more prominent role" in that film than he does in Guardians of the Galaxy.

and he'll be the main villian in A3

I'm a hard time thinking of how Thanos will fit into Age of Ultron more prominently than Guardians of the Galaxy, but I love the character, so the more Thanos the better!

Good on Josh Brolin, too. When he's at his best, he's a great actor, but he's been on a bit of a cold streak lately. I'm glad he didn't let his bad experience on Jonah Hex sour him. That was a shame, as he was perfect casting for that part, and the first draft of the script was awesome.... WB really screwed the pooch with that one. And now I'm even more glad he never got the part of Batman, as I feel he fits Thanos better.

Thanos will get a call from Strucker on the scepter and be like: Yo, you got my scepter, I want it back. Lets make some kinda deal.

regarding the previous hawkeye discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gALVu4oQgVM

I watched about 2/3 of the video. That guy is an awesome Archer. Didn't see any shots where he looks straight and shoots a flying object without looking though. Does he do it towards the end? I'm ok with suspending disbelief, I just think being able to shoot flying objects without looking by someone who's portrayed in the movie as pretty much just an athlete was a little cheesy. I would have the same feeling if hulk would have just started levitating and flying around like Superman

Flying isn't one of Hulk's powers though. "Trick shots" is one of Hawkeyes. Even as a human he's shown to have preternatural accuracy. The shots on the Helicarrier were just as ridiculous i though.

Thanos will get a call from Strucker on the scepter and be like: Yo, you got my scepter, I want it back. Lets make some kinda deal.

Actually, I was beginning to wonder about that very same thing the other day. I've got a feeling he's going to attempt to communicate through it.

How awesome would it be if somewhere in the conversation Thanos knows the whereabouts of the Red Skull?

^^ Theres really no other way for Thanos to be connected to Earth that we know of. The scepter is the only thing that could potentially link Strucker to him as a means to help him do whatever hes planning.

Seeing Thanos talk to Strucker then say something like: Theres someone here who wants to say hello....cut to Red Skull sitting in a room in Thanos' lair.

Actually, I was beginning to wonder about that very same thing the other day. I've got a feeling he's going to attempt to communicate through it.

How awesome would it be if somewhere in the conversation Thanos knows the whereabouts of the Red Skull?

Maybe Thanos promises to reunite Von Strucker with The Red Skull if Strucker gives him the scepter... then when Strucker gives him the scepter Thanos "reunites" them by zapping Strucker into the depths of space. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back