Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

With Solo, I won't see it alone. If the GF wants to see it sometime, I will go. But just in general, I am not overtly interested. I just don't think the movie is necessary. I don't think we needed a Han origin story. To me, ANH is his origin story.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Solo is a movie without a purpose, just as was Rogue One. Everything we need to know about Han was shown to us in the original trilogy. While it might be nice to know more about Chewie, that isn't absolutely necessary to enjoying him or his adventures. Movies that expand the Star Wars universe beyond the characters from the OT would interest me more than a Han origin story (or Leia's childhood on Alderaan, etc.).

Now, I would love to see more about Lando's life pre-and-post-Empire because he was given very little backstory. Also, Lando is an intriguing guy. Surely, he got involved in some seriously wild crap in his day. It would be fun to watch that, if written well.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Solo is a movie without a purpose, just as was Rogue One. Everything we need to know about Han was shown to us in the original trilogy. While it might be nice to know more about Chewie, that isn't absolutely necessary to enjoying him or his adventures. Movies that expand the Star Wars universe beyond the characters from the OT would interest me more than a Han origin story (or Leia's childhood on Alderaan, etc.).

Now, I would love to see more about Lando's life pre-and-post-Empire because he was given very little backstory. Also, Lando is an intriguing guy. Surely, he got involved in some seriously wild crap in his day. It would be fun to watch that, if written well.

Yeah, I would totally watch a Lando movie, and I hope we will get one since Donald Glover from what I heard is brilliant playing him.

I found Rogue one to be on of the most enjoyable new star wars films, about TFA and TLJ and the prequels

I'm up for Solo if it's good and also for Lando.

Rogue One I liked more because while about a referenced event, it introduced new characters. Solo is not doing that. It's an unnecessary story, and I would like to see the Star Wars universe expanded with new characters. I don't want the spin-offs to get to where it is like Wedge: A Star Wars Story.

Rogue One I liked more because while about a referenced event, it introduced new characters. Solo is not doing that. It's an unnecessary story, and I would like to see the Star Wars universe expanded with new characters. I don't want the spin-offs to get to where it is like Wedge: A Star Wars Story.

:huh: Thandie Newton's character, Game of Thrones chick's character, Woody's character, the droid that hangs with Lando...

:huh: Thandie Newton's character, Game of Thrones chick's character, Woody's character, the droid that hangs with Lando...

All side characters. It's a story about Han, Chewie, and Lando. We're still focusing on the same characters and not growing the universe of Star Wars. For me, it makes the galaxy far, far away feel small when only a small handful of characters matter. That wasn't an issue when it was trilogies they were doing. Now they're doing isolated Star Wars stories, now it matters. It'd be like if Marvel only made films about the big 3 and Avengers films. No BP, Dr. Strange, etc. Would make Marvel feel small, right? That's how I see it.

I want them to start worldbuilding asap like the MCU is doing.

It's the only way to keep the franchise going really. :( All the originals are dying or aging out.

On my way for no.7 with sis! Think it’s her 2nd viewing.

Can't believe they deleted this scene.

cMX976t.gif

I need to watch it again...I enjoyed dp2, but it's not calling me to rewatch it like this film.

Can't believe they deleted this scene.

cMX976t.gif

So Ant-man was in fact in the movie after all before they trimmed the fat. Suppose it was also too difficult a decision between Hulk and Shrek so they decided to drop both! Lol.

I need to watch it again...I enjoyed dp2, but it's not calling me to rewatch it like this film.

I am rewatching DP2 again today and I agree - while I really liked it, I am not as excited for its 2nd viewing as I was for my 5th or even 6th viewing for Infinity War.

Did they ever release the cast salaries for Infinity War? I'm curious how much someone like Evans or Johanssen got despite only like 20 lines (and 4 minutes of screentime) in the film.

Seeing Solo tonight after seeing Deadpool 2 on opening night. The main story coming out of that is that I'll then be free to continue my IW run with no.8 and onwards. :funny:

Haha, awesome. What a family gathering that would be, Odin and Thanos old high school chums who have now grown up with their own broods. Warms the heart. :woot:

Just wondering, is Avengers 4 gonna be a completely separate film from Infinity War hence why it won't be called Infinity War part 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"