Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

So the directors commentary in Endgame confirmed that in Infinity War, Banner and Hulk were supposed to come to a "compromise" at the end of that movie and Smart Hulk would emerge from the Hulkbuster at the end, which was rumored at one point. He would have beaten Cull Obisidian and then Black Widow would have done the "sun's getting low" bit only for Smart Hulk to say "I don't need it anymore". But they realized it was just too much to throw in at the last minute on top of Thanos getting the stones and snapping everyone.

Too much?? Totally disagree... IW was all about too much.
I think we would have LOVED that. Needed that. It would have compensated somewhat for the lack of Hulk. And would have made his transition in EG be more fulfilling....

That would have been so much better. :dry:

Well remember how emotionally draining that finale was. Their concern was that this major point for Banner and Hulk would have just gotten lost in all of it.

Hey so I just watched End Game on the digital release and in the final battle with Thanos' army you do see (blink and you missed it) Prof Hulk flinging someone into the air during battle. Not much but at least it was something :shrug:

Too much?? Totally disagree... IW was all about too much.
I think we would have LOVED that. Needed that. It would have compensated somewhat for the lack of Hulk. And would have made his transition in EG be more fulfilling....

This would have been so much more satisfying than what we got. And I think it would have actually added to the finale. We get the kickass moments of Thor arriving with his new hammer and Hulk finally coming back and it gives us hope Thanos will actually be stopped. Then he still wins anyway. Would have been an even bigger gut punch.

I'm also VERY disappointed we never got to see Iron Man/Tony interact with anyone from Wakanda at all... Not Black Panther, not Shuri…. Not even sharing any screen time together.

Weird in a way to have all those heroes and most didn't know each other. Sucks when you see all the cartoons and comics and hope for those scenarios where your favorite heroes interact.

I'm also VERY disappointed we never got to see Iron Man/Tony interact with anyone from Wakanda at all... Not Black Panther, not Shuri…. Not even sharing any screen time together.

Weird in a way to have all those heroes and most didn't know each other. Sucks when you see all the cartoons and comics and hope for those scenarios where your favorite heroes interact.
Especially strange considering Tony and T'Challa were on the same team in Civil War, and the only time they were on screen together (apart from the charge in Endgame, if it counts) was this:

original.gif

They were both in that facility where Bucky was being held. They didn't show any scenes with them together but one could assume they've met at least?

Yes, but it would have been nice to SEE them talking or shake hands or … Something! I mean we are talking about 2 of the worlds groundbreaking tech enthusiasts here.

And all our theorizing didn't give us Tony in Wakanda getting new tech or helping to restore Vision... Meh lol

Sure.
To be fair, in general they've managed to give us lots of different interactions and pairings or at least one scene with totally unrelated characters (like Bucky lifting Rocket, Steve and Groot, the Guardians with Tony, that sort of stuff).

Sure.
To be fair, in general they've managed to give us lots of different interactions and pairings or at least one scene with totally unrelated characters (like Bucky lifting Rocket, Steve and Groot, the Guardians with Tony, that sort of stuff).

I know but what I mean is, we never really see the new avengers really interacting with the original Avengers. Like there was no moment of the baton passing... Things happened and whoever was left got promoted Lmao.

Especially strange considering Tony and T'Challa were on the same team in Civil War, and the only time they were on screen together (apart from the charge in Endgame, if it counts) was this:

original.gif

Right? Haha

He doesn't even flinch that there's this new Superhero on his side who he's never met before.

The could've done a Steve meets Tony moment like in A1 where T'Challa says "Mr. Stark" and nods... Then you can have Tony do a bow and say "Your Highness" … Could have been cool.

Oh man, I'm in the middle of rewatching this film right now and I know it's too early for the whole nostalgia talk but this really is a good film. I just love the pacing and the stakes of it. I miss the hype leading up to this film and tracking the box office and how it broke opening weekend record and how much it was an event film. Watching this opening night with all the fans was a top movie experience for me. Probably the peak of the MCU for a while. It's been 5 years but it seems like yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"