Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

The whole Rhodey scene at the Avengers complex with Ross was a bit odd for me LOL

Rhodey is having a discussion with Ross and it seems Rhodes is not in line any more with the accords. Ross asks him if he has any regrets and Rhodes says "not any more".. Then Cap and co walk in. I took this as Rhodes saying to Ross.. Look man, screw you and the accords, Tony's gone and things just got real for earth so I'm team Cap.

Firstly... Earth just got invaded AGAIN and earths greatest defender is lost. Ross says the "earth is on fire" expressing the severity of the situation and what does he do? Whines all is not forgiven and that Cap is a war criminal. Huh??? He still cares about all that while earth is on "fire"?? The ones left best to defend it are right in front of him and he wants them arrested? This line of thinking made no sense to me

And Rhodes is like "all on it".. While 2 seconds ago who was like FU Ross.... Whut? LOL Any one else get this? LOL

We know that Banner called Cap or Rhodes and probably decided to meet up at A headquarters so his showing up shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. The whole "this is awkward" comment from Sam also throws me off. Why is it awkward? Were Nat and Cap dating by that point? LOL

Rhodey is having a discussion with Ross and it seems Rhodes is not in line any more with the accords. Ross asks him if he has any regrets and Rhodes says "not any more".. Then Cap and co walk in. I took this as Rhodes saying to Ross.. Look man, screw you and the accords, Tony's gone and things just got real for earth so I'm team Cap.

Firstly... Earth just got invaded AGAIN and earths greatest defender is lost. Ross says the "earth is on fire" expressing the severity of the situation and what does he do? Whines all is not forgiven and that Cap is a war criminal. Huh??? He still cares about all that while earth is on "fire"?? The ones left best to defend it are right in front of him and he wants them arrested? This line of thinking made no sense to me
To me, it's just that Ross is a major ass, not much more too it than that (IMO)
And Rhodes is like "all on it".. While 2 seconds ago who was like FU Ross.... Whut? LOL Any one else get this? LOL
Pretty sure Rhodes' "all on it" was him being sarcastic to Ross.
The whole "this is awkward" comment from Sam also throws me off. Why is it awkward?
Because it had been two years (at least) since Nat had seen Bruce (and back then they were only just beginning to realize there might be something there worth exploring... then you suddenly have this two year gap where he's missing/no idea where he is... yeah... makes the reunion a bit awkward)

To me, it's just that Ross is a major ass, not much more too it than that (IMO)

Pretty sure Rhodes' "all on it" was him being sarcastic to Ross.

Because it had been two years (at least) since Nat had seen Bruce (and back then they were only just beginning to realize there might be something there worth exploring... then you suddenly have this two year gap where he's missing/no idea where he is... yeah... makes the reunion a bit awkward)

It just was one of those scenes I feel were edited in a way that some things didn't connect. When Cap and co walk in you can tell that Rhodes knew they were coming and the comment "Not anymore" from Rhodes as they walk in tells me that Rhodes was showing Ross his dissent. Did Ross not catch that? The only people who can help and Ross wants them arrested? LOL Meh.. I'm sure I'm making too much about it. Just wanted to vent and share, pretty sure this topic was discussed months ago LOL

I was watching IW the other day and i couldn't believe i actually missed this gem of a moment. :D

tumblr_plh9ycFXSx1xwgezao2_540.gif

Watched this again last night. They really throw you right into it. I know the other movies they try to make it stand alone so if you haven't seen other MCU movies, you can still somewhat follow along. But IW? It is definitely not made for the casual viewer in terms of story. You might still enjoy the spectacle and action pieces, but it would be very confusing who all these people are.

Any word on if Starz will have the IMAX version of the film to fill up tv screens?

Watched this again last night. They really throw you right into it. I know the other movies they try to make it stand alone so if you haven't seen other MCU movies, you can still somewhat follow along. But IW? It is definitely not made for the casual viewer in terms of story. You might still enjoy the spectacle and action pieces, but it would be very confusing who all these people are.

Facts. I had considered watching IW with my mom but then realized she'd be asking too many questions for me to enjoy it with her! Lmfao

did anyone happen to notice that a new trailer came out today?

Infinity war, has anyone else noticed the limp tony stark has? Only in two brief scenes but he's definitely limping then he isn't and doesn't again

Adele's Bond song, SKYFALL with Marvel's INFINITY WAR:

I feel the even more underrated moment is just before that, when Thor learns that Gamora is the daughter of Thanos, the guy who just slaughtered his brother, his best friend, a lot of his people and left him for dead, and his response is, “families can be tough.” :funny:

I know people had concerns how the funny Thor from Ragnarok would translate into IW and if he would go back to being boring Thor from the first two movies. But they really nailed it. Give Hemsworth a whole lot of credit for being funny while still having pathos like in the scene with Rocket talking about all he’s lost.

He was easily the MVP of IW for me. Well, him and Brolin, obviously.

Other than Titanic which was rereleased in 3d. Tonight was the second time I watched an old movie in a cinema. Disney didn't release the movie in blu ray or Dvd here in my country and I wanted to watch Infinity War again. The hype is 0n!

He was easily the MVP of IW for me. Well, him and Brolin, obviously.

One of my favorite moments in IW is when he has his hand on the back of Thanos's head after he threw Stormbreaker at him. He locks on him eye to eye the entire time. Even when Thanos dips his head down in a bit of pain Thor lowers his to keep locked on his eyes. Such a badass moment. "I told you you'd die for that"

Question for everyone,

How did Thor know where to find the Avengers?

He doesn't have Heimdall's eyes, didnt contact any of the Avengers at any point during the movie, he couldnt have even known about Wakanda...

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Maybe he goes to avengers base first. Sees reports of spaceships attacking wakanda and travels there.

So the directors commentary in Endgame confirmed that in Infinity War, Banner and Hulk were supposed to come to a "compromise" at the end of that movie and Smart Hulk would emerge from the Hulkbuster at the end, which was rumored at one point. He would have beaten Cull Obisidian and then Black Widow would have done the "sun's getting low" bit only for Smart Hulk to say "I don't need it anymore". But they realized it was just too much to throw in at the last minute on top of Thanos getting the stones and snapping everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"