The Flash The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this may not be the case, but since it is a pilot I'm hoping this suit is like Spidey's starter wrestling suits.

Fingers crossed that the suit will evolve. If it doesn't then here is hoping that it will grow on me.

This can stay and I'm not allowed to defend myself to it? Lovely.

Hi there...I just got back from picking my seven year old up from school...and what do I find...a six year old posting on the Hype.....at least it seems like a six year old, what with the petty complaining and not doing what the administrator of the site just told you to do.

Let me make it clear to you.....you just got off of a probation because of your attitude...you just got an infraction this morning (by another moderator) for your attitude....and now you want to go and do this? Are you begging for a few months off? Is all the exciting things going on in the world of comic book related movies and TV shows overwhelming you so much you think you need a vacation?

Think very carefully before you make another post.......

Like I said they may give a reason in the show, and that reason will be the reason for going with white and will be a justified explanation because it was simply stated.

Yeah spiderman and Rorschach's white didn't pose any problems, but in this series it might...depends on the writers. Flash may not be able to move at speeds of light or even sound in this series....time will tell.

I get your qualms, but at the end of the day this is CW's interpretation of Flash and not exactly DC's or the fans. 7 times out of 10 I would agree with you that suits don't need to be changed just cause...and this is obviously a just cause modification. However, I'm starting to accept the fact as with all superhero films, that the writers/directors NEED to put their spin on things whether it's the story or suit because seeing an exact translation would be redundant some times. Not necessarily saying that's the case here, but sometimes it is.

I agree, things need to be updated from time to time to keep things fresh sometimes, doing the exact same thing every time all of the time would be redundant, which is why I think it's good they make things out of different/modern materials, etc...

I agree the white looks better...hands down. Heck I think a matching dark red or black would look better.

Me too.

But they went with what they went with...all we can do is hope this won't be the final/only suit.

Yeah.

I mean this may not be the case, but since it is a pilot I'm hoping this suit is like Spidey's starter wrestling suits.

Fingers crossed that the suit will evolve. If it doesn't then here is hoping that it will grow on me.

Right there with ya.

I'm sorry, but that C. Lee post was pretty d*mn funny :lmao:

What was funny about it?

There's really nothing I can say to it but yes sir and agree because my membership will go if I do anything else. I don't want to be banned here.

I don't think it's funny at all.

What was funny about it?

There's really nothing I can say to it but yes sir and agree because my membership will go if I do anything else.

I don't think it's funny at all.

Well...not to keep this going on whatsoever...and keeping in mind that I'm not against you at all as I like spirited conversation, as we have been doing.

1. I enjoyed his whole setup of creative storytelling of picking up his child, a mundane everyday thing, in relation to the whole "acting like a child" simile. I mean he could've just said stop it, but he gave this whole creative post to indirectly display his frustration.

2. The backstory of your multiple online infractions and how you "must" be yearning for another or "vacation" given your actions...that was really the icing because of the sarcasm inferred.

3. The fact you had more than enough time to edit/erase your comment in which he replied to, but did not.

Sorry...I don't mean to laugh, but if you can't find the humor in it...then it is time to just step away from the computer for a bit, take a break, grab a beer (if you're of age) and mellow out. It's just the internet dude.

Edit: But you're right there is nothing you can do. Just say "my bad" or ignore all of this and carry on with the proposed topic that is the show and suit. Oddly enough my son has a best friend named Kevin Smith lol.

I'm not so sure that this show is going to be the success i thought it'd be. i can't see the masses/GA being that enthused about a show whose main character looks like this.

The response I've personally witnessed from non comic book fans has been overwhelmingly negative. But still, that's only in my circle of people i know. But it still helps give me an idea of how the GA would respond to this outfit.

It wasn't "creative storytelling". I have a seven year old daughter. I was going through this thread, saw the petty arguing, posted a general order to everyone to stop it, started deleting the arguing posts, then noticed it was time to go pick her up....I went and got her, came back home, started back on looking through this thread for posts to be deleted...and lo and behold.....here was Kevin, who just this morning was infracted for insulting other posters complaining about (1) not being able to make an insulting reply to someone complaining about him insulting others and (2) him complaining about not being able to continue the argument that I said for EVERYONE to stop.

I'm not kidding about this....my seven year old is acting more mature at the moment than many posters here at the Hype this day.

Well...not to keep this going on whatsoever...

But you will... :)

and keeping in mind that I'm not against you at all as I like spirited conversation, as we have been doing.

Likewise. :)

1. I enjoyed his whole setup of creative storytelling of picking up his child, a mundane everyday thing, in relation to the whole "acting like a child" simile. I mean he could've just said stop it, but he gave this whole creative post to indirectly display his frustration.

Yeah...a real life story used as an insulting anecdote we'd otherwise get banned for or receive an infraction for was a nice touch. I could see how one would dig the irony in that. Name calling because you don't like someone's attitude I believe...

2. The backstory of your multiple online infractions

You make me sound like some sort of criminal, lol.

and how you "must" be yearning for another or "vacation" given your actions...that was really the icing because of the sarcasm inferred.

3. The fact you had more than enough time to edit/erase your comment in which he replied to, but did not.

How was I supposed to know he didn't already see it? Or was gone to pick up a kid? If he sees it and I erase it for fear of a spanking doesn't that make me hypocritical? And a coward? I'd rather be true to a principle than dance on the head of a pin for some guy over the internet. I mean if I have to do that for someone over the internet, not even face to face... what's that mean for me in real life?

Sorry...I don't mean to laugh, but if you can't find the humor in it...then it is time to just step away from the computer for a bit, take a break, grab a beer (if you're of age) and mellow out. It's just the internet dude.

Heh. Yeah you're right, dude. It is just the internet. That's why all this is so funny. I'm glad you explained it though because I thought it came off as you just being teacher's pet at first, but I understand that's not the case now. You made it clear the humor you found in my discipline.

But you are right, it is kinda funny though...I'm just surprised a mod on a message board has a kid let alone has had sex. I guess that part was funny.

My reply wasn't insulting, Lee. You know that. And everyone else would too if you'd left it alone.

But whatever. Call me Perseus. This is bullcrap. If I get an infraction or banned for it so friggin be it. Give me liberty or give me death.

It's the internet and this is a costume thread about a comic book. What a damn joke.

Love you all. Peace.

Last edited:
Edit: But you're right there is nothing you can do. Just say "my bad" or ignore all of this and carry on with the proposed topic that is the show and suit. Oddly enough my son has a best friend named Kevin Smith lol.

I didn't even see your edit at the time of my last post. But yeah. Cool. Yeah my real name isn't even KS but you probably knew that, lol...

Anyway take it easy, dude, it was nice talking with you and the other posters here. I look forward to reading your thoughts in the future if the mods decide to can me. They're not God or robots and they aren't required to do this...it's entirely a personal preference in this case. I've done no evil, they can do as they please. They have complete control over their actions.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that this show is going to be the success i thought it'd be. i can't see the masses/GA being that enthused about a show whose main character looks like this.

The response I've personally witnessed from non comic book fans has been overwhelmingly negative. But still, that's only in my circle of people i know. But it still helps give me an idea of how the GA would respond to this outfit.

Same. I think Arrow's been semi popular because it's so Batman-lite (or Nolan-lite).

I doubt it greatly, to me Arrow is the Batman Tas of this generation, hence Flash will be its Superman. We all know how great that turned out.

My reply wasn't insulting, Lee. You know that. And everyone else would too if you'd left it alone.

But whatever. Call me Perseus. This is bullcrap. If I get an infraction or banned for it so friggin be it. Give me liberty or give me death.

It's the internet and this is a costume thread about a comic book. What a damn joke.

Love you all. Peace.
if this is goodbye, you'll be missed, comrade... if it is... meet me on the CBM comments!

Superman TAS was by no means a bad show. It was no Batman TAS though.

Who the hell said Superman TAS was a bad show?!?!?!?! :argh:

Superman TAS, JL TAS, and Batman TAS are my go to pieces of media to watch whenever i get bored

Don't see Arrow as anything like Batman:TAS (the greatest adaptation of Batman/a comic book character ever made to date, one of the best superhero animated shows of all time, and one of the greatest TV shows ever made) is anything like Arrow but to each their own.

Who the hell said Superman TAS was a bad show?!?!?!?! :argh:

Superman TAS, JL TAS, and Batman TAS are my go to pieces of media to watch whenever i get bored

Read Paradox1's post (not sure if it was sarcasm or not though).

Idk, I saw them both being pretty on par with each other. I just wish they'd have done more seasons of it. I think Batman: TAS may have been favored more by WB but I don't think it was necessarily so much superior to Superman: TAS.

I used to love Batman: TAS except how they kept conveniently finding ways to keep people from dying. It got kind of like GI: Joe in that regard. But they had to make it kid-friendly.

Still, it had the best, BEST origin for Two-Face ever. I liked that so much better than what they did with him in the comics or TDK (although the way they handled it in The Long Halloween was pretty awesome too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"