The Flash The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love Batman: TAS except how they kept conveniently finding ways to keep people from dying. It got kind of like GI: Joe in that regard. But they had to make it kid-friendly.

Still, it had the best, BEST origin for Two-Face ever. I liked that so much better than what they did with him in the comics or TDK (although the way they handled it in The Long Halloween was pretty awesome too).

Yeah the Two Face origin is the best ever, it's perfect. I was surprised at how often drugs were mentioned in the show...I don't think that happened much in any of the other DCAU shows that came after, even Unlimited...

Last edited:
They really pushed a lot of boundaries in the show and had it pretty mature/adult...more so than even some live action shows today I feel.

For matters of clarification I'm saying Arrow is the best superhero show on tv and the best live action ever. Personally I don't care to argue the point cause your not gonna change my mind I won't change yours. With Flash being it's spinoff I believe you will not see a drop off in quality. Hence the Batman And Superman Tas comparison.

For matters of clarification I'm saying Arrow is the best superhero show on tv and the best live action ever. Personally I don't care to argue the point cause your not gonna change my mind I won't change yours. With Flash being it's spinoff I believe you will not see a drop off in quality. Hence the Batman And Superman Tas comparison.

I think so too, this is why I have faith in this project.

Considering Arrow has to go up against Smallville, Batman 66, SHIELD, and a bunch of one series failures then yeh, I'd agree.

Arrow has a clear idea of where it wants to go, what it's characters are doing, and what it wants to use from the source material. The only thing they've screwed up is with Laurel, but that's really not their fault, just fan reaction.

I didn't even see your edit at the time of my last post. But yeah. Cool. Yeah my real name isn't even KS but you probably knew that, lol...

Anyway take it easy, dude, it was nice talking with you and the other posters here. I look forward to reading your thoughts in the future if the mods decide to can me. They're not God or robots and they aren't required to do this...it's entirely a personal preference in this case. I've done no evil, they can do as they please. They have complete control over their actions.

Sorry, just got back from picking up my daughter lol......I'm being so serious except she is five. Anywho, yeah I don't think they will ban you. You've changed topics and have been here for awhile.

I agree that Arrow is one of the best live action tv shows, but then again that is not saying much. The real testament for DC will be how they handle the Flash show as that show will actually have superpowers in it. IMO having a superhero show with no powers is easier to pull off then one that does, not because of sfx, but because of good storytelling and not bogging the show down with cgi, sfx and lazy storytelling just to show action and explosions.

Considering Arrow has to go up against Smallville, Batman 66, SHIELD, and a bunch of one series failures then yeh, I'd agree.

Arrow has a clear idea of where it wants to go, what it's characters are doing, and what it wants to use from the source material. The only thing they've screwed up is with Laurel, but that's really not their fault, just fan reaction.

Even general tv including animation it would be up there with not ahead of the DCAU

Sorry, just got back from picking up my daughter lol......I'm being so serious except she is five. Anywho, yeah I don't think they will ban you. You've changed topics and have been here for awhile.

I agree that Arrow is one of the best live action tv shows, but then again that is not saying much. The real testament for DC will be how they handle the Flash show as that show will actually have superpowers in it. IMO having a superhero show with no powers is easier to pull off then one that does, not because of sfx, but because of good storytelling and not bogging the show down with cgi, sfx and lazy storytelling just to show action and explosions.

AOS has actually been quite a bit better the past two episodes. It's been steadily improving, much the way Arrow did in S1. Arrow is still my favorite as of now, but it's had two seasons to grow. Let's not forget that Arrow in the beginning was rough. REALLY rough. Honestly, the only thing that kept me coming back through the first 6 to 10 episodes was because it had awesome fight choreography. It wasn't until about halfway through S1 that it really found it's stride, but once it did, it continued to skyrocket in quality.

AOS is going through a similar path right now. It's really started to build on everything established earlier in this season and tighten it's storytelling. It's very different from Arrow, but if it keeps improving, we'll have two quality superhero shows on our hands. Which honestly, is pretty freakin cool. When was the last time two good live action superhero shows were on at the same time? Honestly, I don't think that's happened...ever.

I do hope they handle Flash well also. I'm really liking the world Arrow is creating, and Flash would just expand it more. And I enjoyed Gustin as well, so I'd like to see the show succeed.

Sorry, just got back from picking up my daughter lol......I'm being so serious except she is five.

Lol.

Anywho, yeah I don't think they will ban you. You've changed topics and have been here for awhile.

good-luck-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah there's really not been that much great as far as superhero TV shows go....even the best ones have just been ok compared to the movies.

The DCAU is still superior to any TV show and most movies, IMO. If we're counting those as TV shows and not just animation then they are the best, hands down.

Well...not to keep this going on whatsoever...and keeping in mind that I'm not against you at all as I like spirited conversation, as we have been doing.

1. I enjoyed his whole setup of creative storytelling of picking up his child, a mundane everyday thing, in relation to the whole "acting like a child" simile. I mean he could've just said stop it, but he gave this whole creative post to indirectly display his frustration.

2. The backstory of your multiple online infractions and how you "must" be yearning for another or "vacation" given your actions...that was really the icing because of the sarcasm inferred.

3. The fact you had more than enough time to edit/erase your comment in which he replied to, but did not.

Sorry...I don't mean to laugh, but if you can't find the humor in it...then it is time to just step away from the computer for a bit, take a break, grab a beer (if you're of age) and mellow out. It's just the internet dude.

Edit: But you're right there is nothing you can do. Just say "my bad" or ignore all of this and carry on with the proposed topic that is the show and suit. Oddly enough my son has a best friend named Kevin Smith lol.

Lol what did he say that got C Lee so upset I must have missed it.

Any chance we can talk about Barry Allen in this thread, and move the topic of his suit to the thread designated for that discussion?

Any chance we can talk about Barry Allen in this thread, and move the topic of his suit to the thread designated for that discussion?
Ok
I want to know if they will adapt the moment of [blackout]Professor Zoom telling Barry as Flash he (Thawne) pushed him off the stairs when he (Barry) was a tween[/blackout]

Is Barry gonna have some kind of synthesized voice? Flash is a much more public figure but he also works for the police. I guess it's possible he could vibrate his voice to throw off the pitch.

Instead of Ollies deep Arrow voice, Barrys should be high-pitched. Like he's ingested helium. Sorta like the judge at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I kid, obviously.

Not too sure he needs to change his voice, to be honest. Not many are going to get a good look at him and hes not a well known public figure like Ollie or Bruce.

He works with the police and I assume they'd recognize his voice rather easily since they hear it everyday.

I leave the suit thread because I got tired of that bickering and come into the character thread to find another suit thread. Sigh.

I leave the suit thread because I got tired of that bickering and come into the character thread to find another suit thread. Sigh.

then stay away from the WW threads...there are three and they all are talking about sexism

Instead of Ollies deep Arrow voice, Barrys should be high-pitched. Like he's ingested helium. Sorta like the judge at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I kid, obviously.

Not too sure he needs to change his voice, to be honest. Not many are going to get a good look at him and hes not a well known public figure like Ollie or Bruce.

here he should sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvkpflsqkw

I'm all for a break from the bickering.....but what exactly do we have to talk about so far?

That Barry,yup.Nice guy.And smart.......:dry:

The vibrating voice is what I imagined him doing.

Maybe they could give it a subtle echo effect to throw off any potential voice recognition from fellow cops and all of that. Not sure how that'd actually come across on screen, but in my head it seems pretty fitting.

You know, every time I see that suit I love it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"