The Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned Ben Barnes for Bruce Wayne. He's 31 years old, 6'1, and a great actor. A real rising star.

ben-barnes-2011-ben-barnes-19572007-300-400_large.jpg

Nah, he's a bit weak. He doesn't really have that intensity of Wayne, that power with a fragile human locked inside.

He's a bit of a teenage crush to be honest. Wasn't any good in Dorian Grey or Narnia. That's my opinion though.

If I saw Ben Barnes in a Batman suit, I'd probably laugh.

He comes off like a delicate flower, he isn't rugged or manly enough for Batman.
Agreed. Batman needs to be manly. He's pretty much the only superhero that's been consistently portrayed that way on-screen, just as Spidey's always on the boyish side. Supes, meanwhile, has had all kinds of portrayals, from the pretty boy types to George Reeves. But with Batman, even when they got Batman waaay wrong (Schumacher, as if I even needed to say it), they still got the manliness quotient right. Val Kilmer and George Clooney were men, and appealed to grown women, not teenage girls. I actually WAS a teenage girl when Clooney was Batman (well, I was 12), and my friend and I would snark about how he looked like a "geriatric Batman," so there was definitely no attraction there, lol. Looking back? I can't believe I said that about E.R. era George. That was the hottest George.

But I digress. Bottom line, if your pick would attract more tweens than moms, pick again. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Has any one mentioned Joel Edgerton?

joeledgertonbuchanangat.jpg
Am I the only one who thinks his face just doesn't look right for the cowl (at least in this picture)? I'm not saying he's ugly or anything. There's just something about the shape of his eyes, cheekbones, and nose that I can't seem to reconcile with the classic Batman mask design/sculpt. Maybe his brow just looks a little too asymmetrical to me. That's my only complaint.

Last edited:
I always thought Michael Keaton's face was pretty asymmetrical

still like Luke Evans:yay: even tho he is only 4 years younger than Bale
5zo500.jpg

luke-evans-as-detective-emmett-fields-in.jpg

tumblr_lsrycl3PXI1qa0wj4o1_500.jpg

Luke Evans might work, but he'd need to pack on some muscle.

I don't think WB will get behind Luke Evans after all the back-peddling over his homosexuality when Immortals was coming out.

Fassbender is Magneto. They're doing First Class sequels. He's out.

And yes, Evans realistically won't make the cut for the reasons mentioned above.

General audiences have already gotten tired of Batman movies, people are already getting sick of all the reboots and remakes. A live action tv series is the logical way to go to keep Batman popular and introduce new fans to generations of great Batman lore.

The billion dollar box office of the dark knight and massive hype for Rises beg to differ. :doh:

Fassbender is Magneto. They're doing First Class sequels. He's out.

And yes, Evans realistically won't make the cut for the reasons mentioned above.

i can't see Fassbender as Batman, but he'd be an awesome Riddler or Black Mask

I think Fassbender would have been a better Batman than Bale. He's an incredible, dynamic actor.

But yes, he's Magneto now. Marvel won him.

That hasn't stopped Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, Ryan Reynolds, James Marsden, Chris Evans, and Fassbender himself, who was in Jonah Hex and First Class.

I think Fassbender would have been a better Batman than Bale. He's an incredible, dynamic actor.
I completely agree.

That doesn't mean squat to anyone but fanboys. And when graced with his awesomeness as Batman, I'm sure they'd happily get over it. He remains my top pick, and he probably will be until someone else is picked or someone "official" publicly states that he's not an option. :woot:

I LOVE Christian Bale, but I truly believe Fassbender would be the best Batman ever.

fassbender being batman is the equivalent of hugh jackman being another super hero imo

will have to agree to disagree fassbender who is magneto for him to be batman is like for jackman,bale,maguire,downey jr.,

being cast as another lead in a super hero film

Guys, I was so confused when Stallone played a cop in Cobra and then played another cop in Tango & Cash. Like I'm not supposed to think of his other character! WTF? The same thing happened when Christopher Lee played The Mummy, Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster! Or when Seth Rogen played a pot smoking, sarcastic slacker in both Knocked Up and Pineapple Express!

Why would Michael Fassbender be a better Batman than Christian Bale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"