BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the suit will utilize kryptonian tech? I think that would have some cool visual potential, but it really depends on batman existing prior to or after supermans arrival I guess.

Also I think this pic got lost a couple pages back when the thread went a little off topic. What do you think about a design like this?
dRz5cy2.jpg

I really like how the cowl and cape is handled, as well as the textured suit.

The forearm armor breaks up the flow of the suit a bit too much for me. Im fine with the bat logo being that big on his chest, its interesting and something new, but it feels like its too much on top of the suit rather then part of the suit.

So minor complaints aside, I really like it. It fits in great with the Man of Steel universe, and is unique

What about the Smallville Batman? It's unique. Not perfect, but different. I really hate how the cowl is drawn in the actual comic, but on the covers it's nice.

svcomic6.jpg

Smallville7.jpg

that actually looks all kindsa awesome hafizbat.

i think he should have a variety of suits not just one. maybe even with different colors, some more high tech then others. depends on the situation. also, purple gloves.

I was ok with the ears in Nolan's Trilogy, but I definitely wouldn't mind if they are shorter. Like this.

bpNaPNd.jpg

They're too short in my opinion. I like them little bit longet.

I want some longer Bat ears too. Another thing to set it apart from Nolan's.

No Kryptonian tech but what if he lines his suit with kryptonite, so Supes can't even get near him.

For some reason, I think we're gonna get an armor suit, especially if this is a Superman vs Batman movie.

That's fine as long as it is not the default suit.

No disrespect to anyone, but most of the proposed designs that have been posted in this thread so far are, IMO, just God-awful. They are simply just way over-designed.

No disrespect to anyone, but most of the proposed designs that have been posted in this thread so far are, IMO, just God-awful. They are simply just way over-designed.

True. Especially that Smallville suit gets the award of being the ugliest of them all. Why is it so hard to follow simplicity over clunkiness and robotic armor that prevents him from moving and doing acrobatic feats.

The magic of this character is his athletic movements in a grey fabric covered with a long dark cape and cowl and his detective skills. Not the exaggerated robotic gauntlets and boots that make him look like iron man.

Completely agree. I think a visual typology has been borrowed from videogames like "Halo" and "Gears of War" and transplanted into the "Arkham _____" games. Those games, plus the Nolan movies, are all some people know of the character so, unfortunately, the ugly character design used is commonly promoted as a viable basis for the next movie costume.

Regardless of the design that is finally settled upon, I think that its starting point should be the classic costume seen in the comics, and none other.

I was ok with the ears in Nolan's Trilogy, but I definitely wouldn't mind if they are shorter. Like this.

bpNaPNd.jpg

I would be happy if the cowl looked like that. More often than not, I think the longer ears look a bit silly

I don't mind the ears long or short, but there is a good reason to have them longer, because it provides Batman with the daemonic silhouette needed to strike terror into his adversaries.

If you reduce the ears to nothing, they become pointless, and then they do look silly. It is the same with the chest symbol- if you make it invisible you make it redundant.

It's this whole concept of things being "real" which can end up making things more silly.

I don't like the bat symbol connected to the cape, but Lee Bermejo's suit always has an armor-plated practicality to it.

review_bermejobw_1.jpg

Completely agree. I think a visual typology has been borrowed from videogames like "Halo" and "Gears of War" and transplanted into the "Arkham _____" games. Those games, plus the Nolan movies, are all some people know of the character so, unfortunately, the ugly character design used is commonly promoted as a viable basis for the next movie costume.

Regardless of the design that is finally settled upon, I think that its starting point should be the classic costume seen in the comics, and none other.

The Arkham Asylum/City suit doesn't really have any Iron Man/Halo/Gears of War components other than the bulky gauntlets and the bulky boots. The rest of the suit is essentially the suit from the comics. The main point problem with the design of Arkham Batman is the fact that he has unrealistic body proportions. He looks as if he is on the juice. This gives off the impression that his suit is more heavy/bulky than it really is.

The Arkham Asylum/City suit doesn't really have any Iron Man/Halo/Gears of War components other than the bulky gauntlets and the bulky boots. The rest of the suit is essentially the suit from the comics. The main point problem with the design of Arkham Batman is the fact that he has unrealistic body proportions. He looks as if he is on the juice. This gives off the impression that his suit is more heavy/bulky than it really is.

Eh, even if you put the Arkham suit in normal human proportions, the ridiculous robotic gauntlets and boots, will still detract from the positive elements it might have, like the grey fabric and the trunks.

I don't mind the ears long or short, but there is a good reason to have them longer, because it provides Batman with the daemonic silhouette needed to strike terror into his adversaries.

If you reduce the ears to nothing, they become pointless, and then they do look silly. It is the same with the chest symbol- if you make it invisible you make it redundant.

From the perspective of a criminal seeing the silhouette, long ears would make more impact. However, up close and in some light (as the viewer would be seeing him most of the time) it often doesn't look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"