The Dark Knight Rises The bomb

Anno_Domini

Avenger
Reaction score
So this isn't a thread from someone who hated or disliked The Dark Knight Rises, but it is a thread from someone who LOVED the film and still had some issues, as is the meaning of this thread. The four megaton nuclear/neutron/atom bomb with a six mile radius. And while the bomb itself can be seen as such a major flaw with the film, the real problem is the time frame.

Now from Bane's "calculations", it would take five months for the nuclear reactor's core to heat up so it'll react as a bomb, but did it really take five months? Just something I've been wondering earlier today(I think of the most random crap at times I swear) that the only numbers we hear are: three months, the time the cops have spent inside the tunnels when the Special Forces arrived, as Blake mentions this; and twenty-three, which is how many more days was left as mentioned by Lucius Fox when he and Miranda Tate met up with the Special Forces guys and Blake.

So, did it really take five months? I honestly think that it was between four to five months. The "three months" that the cops spent inside the tunnels at that time could have been three and a half months, and an additional twenty-three days would be making it more than four months but less than five whole months.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think you're reading too far into the "three months" comment. It was an off-the-cuff statement, designed to get one idea across - "these guys have been out of action and sitting in the dark since this began" and thus might not be up to the task of working as an army.

It wasn't an official number on a documented report or a scientific calculation. As a part of a conversation, it didn't need to be exact or completely accurate.

I think we can take the "five months" and "23 days" numbers to be much more accurate, however, as they're referencing very specific moments for which one CANNOT afford to be wrong about - the detonation of a nuclear bomb. "Five months" can still probably mean "give or take a week or two," though.

Give or take a week or two, so what I mention can be accurate then with it being little more than four months, but a little less than five whole months. The "three months", as I said before, could have been three and a half months even, so I'm not taking the "three months" for just three months/ninety days.

Slightly OT, but that bomb looks like the electromagnetic device from Gotham Knight

Three months to when the Special Forces died and Bruce escaped the prison. Two more months passed before he could get back to the city.

That would contradict Fox's mention of twenty-three more days for the bomb to go off to which he said to the Special Forces members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"