The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread (🚨SPOILERS🚨)

$8.50 for a newspaper?!

That was my biggest gripe out of the whole thing. But then I googled and found out the NYT goes for 7 dollars during the week and 12 dollars for the Sunday edition.

But on the subject of Supes, I like everything I’m seeing so far EXCEPT that crest. I get it, it’s Kingdom Come inspired, but it’s the only thing not working for me.

And call me Vegeta because I’m glad to see the trunks. :o

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee
I think it's this:
8945895-00_t-ship.jpg
Why he commandeered the Titans Tower and made it fly? :weeping::weeping::weeping:

Gunn confirms he won't be attending SDCC with Superman. Euhh. A teaser poster wouldn't hurt.

Gunn confirms he won't be attending SDCC with Superman. Euhh. A teaser poster wouldn't hurt.
I find this very surprising given that the movie comes out in a year. It effectively means it won’t have any presence at a con. I miss the showmanship of the good old days when SDCC was the place to massively hype the fan base for these things.

Does Gunn not being there rule out anything being released? Could anyone else be there in his place?

I find this very surprising given that the movie comes out in a year. It effectively means it won’t have any presence at a con. I miss the showmanship of the good old days when SDCC was the place to massively hype the fan base for these things.

Gunn had previously stated this awhile back.

If they wanted to make a big splashy Comic-Con panel, they could have easily fit it into their production schedule. Like they allowed for breaks so Gunn could jump over to the Peacemaker Season Two set.

But it's the smart(er) play. They don't "need" the Comic-Con crowd. Those tickets are bought and paid for. Better to spend that energy/money/time on the general public who matter the most.

Gunn had previously stated this awhile back.

If they wanted to make a big splashy Comic-Con panel, they could have easily fit it into their production schedule. Like they allowed for breaks so Gunn could jump over to the Peacemaker Season Two set.

But it's the smart(er) play. They don't "need" the Comic-Con crowd. Those tickets are bought and paid for. Better to spend that energy/money/time on the general public who matter the most.
I agree it’s probably a better financial decision, but isn’t the cost of a convention a drop in the bucket? Either way, it was more fun to be a fan back then. :shrug:

Does Gunn not being there rule out anything being released? Could anyone else be there in his place?
For some reason I still feel we will get something as an undertone. Gunn says LOT of things and we all know there's always a chance of him bull****ting. It's apart of his personality.

Metropolis is looking pretty good so far.

Looks like many of you in the trunks troop are excited as well.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
The only way it happens is if Matt Reeves drops out of The Batman Part ll by his own accord (I don't think it'd have anything to do with creative differences or something since that was cleared out a long time ago, so it'd have to be something external) and I'd really hope that doesn't happen for a wide variety of reasons, the main one being that it'd probably have to be something serious for him to step down like that. And even if he did retconning The Batman into existing in a world where superheroes have existed for a long time is a really complicated creative challenge that I'm not sure would yield better results, or be preferable to Gunn than just doing a new Batman.

Yeah it doesn't fit at all. Unless The Batman takes place years ago before heroes showed up it makes zero sense.

Gunn and Reeves both went out of their way to debunk that rumor...not vaguely either.

As for SDCC they could send a video package or something if DC is doing a panel for something. A little hello from the cast and crew with a sizzle or teaser. That wouldn't be too hard and would still be in line with what Gunn said.

That was my biggest gripe out of the whole thing. But then I googled and found out the NYT goes for 7 dollars during the week and 12 dollars for the Sunday edition.

But on the subject of Supes, I like everything I’m seeing so far EXCEPT that crest. I get it, it’s Kingdom Come inspired, but it’s the only thing not working for me.

And call me Vegeta because I’m glad to see the trunks. :o
Print is dying and how else will I now how great Hillary Clinton is and how sexist everyone is except her. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"