The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Dec 9, 2012.

1. James.B In search of the absurd

And they put the name Miranda Tate on the grave instead.
    Did any set pictures end up getting leaked from this scene in the end?

#751 James.B, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

3. kvz5 HBIC

I wish we had pics of Anne from the cafe scene. The only ones we got were some paparazzi pics of Bale and Caine. Those were enough though for me to figure out that Bruce had a happy Italian ending. What he's wearing was such a giveaway. :oldrazz: The Selina factor was the surprise. :funny:

4. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

5. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

That tombstone would have put on a better performance than Marion did for her death scene.

6. Kane52630 Timmverse User

Imagine the possible debates and talk that would've stemmed if someone was able to leak photos of the tombstone back when they were filming.

7. kvz5 HBIC

"Why is Alfred bawling like a baby at Tate's death?! What's going on??? Why is she buried there? Is she Rachel Dawes incarnated?!!!"

:lmao:

I still prefer my suggested trolling before that they had both Anne and Marion at the scene with baby bumps! :p

8. James.B In search of the absurd

Both of them?:wow:

#758 James.B, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  9. GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

So is the Ultimate Collector's Trilogy worth it? I plan on getting it on Black Friday this year. Should I pick it up with the Art of the Trilogy book?

10. Victarion Iron Captain

What are these magnificent GIFs from?

Oh, Bane's popular. He's a meme on /co/. Usually uses "For You" or "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

11. Victarion Iron Captain

Melvin does. :hehe:

12. AnneFan Hathaway #1

I can see what people mean by Bane's plot not making the most sense, but for the most part, TDKR Bane is good. I like the mask, his outfits and the voice is definitely distinctive.

Could have the first publicity shot of Bane been taken during that sequence up there? The lighting looks the same.

When I found out Brucelina ended the film together it was a fist pump moment. It was against the tide of people saying it wouldn't or shouldn't happen. I wonder what Selina ordered? Probably the most fancy thing on the menu, paid with some guy's stolen wallet. :oldrazz:

13. RafSwi7 Registered

Does anyone know what is the name of the instrumental that plays in the background (near the end of documentary) when they say that "time renders justice to quality"?

14. Lazarus33 Registered

Took me a while to find online, but for anyone who would like to watch "The Fires Rises" documentary (broken into 10 parts) online - it can be found pretty easily by searching for it now.

#764 Lazarus33, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  15. kvz5 HBIC

16. AnneFan Hathaway #1

17. geetard Rebirth

18. the5timechamp Registered

I want the documentary real bad..but the rest of the content is just not worth it. Ultraviolet sucks, I already own the movies, and the rest of the stuff is superflous (seems to be at least)...
    As much as I love batman and the trilogy I dont see myself springing for this...

I gotta hope that at some point WB decides to cash in on the documentary and put it on itunes for a "reasonable" price.

19. shauner111 Registered

They should do that. Release the documentary on its own.

I do feel like in 10, 15 years when this new universe for Batman cools down (or comes to a dead end), we'll see a new set. I doubt it'll be a massive boxset but more like a simple set with the 3 films on blu-ray. Or whatever the new technology is by then. With brand new transfers. And probably a commentary option for each film done by the Nolans & Goyer. Another dream would be to have the 3 films released without all these extras and Rises is done as a "director's cut". Like what ended up happening with Bladerunner, which is Nolans favorite movie. If not a director's cut then deleted scenes like the one with Miranda/Fox sitting down talking, Bruce walking into the party, Bruce walking out of his cell, Bane with his prototype mask on training with the League, maybe the hospital scene with Gordon extended a bit and hopefully the option to hear Banes original voice in the prologue & elsewhere.

It's all a big unrealistic dream. But i think it's possible that between 10 to 20 years from now theyll pump out another set for whatever the next blu-ray is. Some new transfers, commentary, and all the extras we couldnt see from TDKR. Sounds worth it.

20. Victarion Iron Captain

There was also a scene from some of the trailers of a tumbler blasting the steps of city hall. You see an explosion as the tumbler climbs them. I guess that was the one Talia used in her convoy.

Those gifs of Bane in the shadows: deleted scenes or test footage? The one where the clothe is taken from Bane's head looks like it could be the unveiling of his current mask.

21. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

It's test footage.

22. shauner111 Registered

I love Rises to death, some days it's my favorite of the three but i would do anything to buy a director's cut with everything i wrote in my above post but also a few other things..

Imagine Nolan putting in a different take for Talia's death scene? Imagine how such a move would shut up all the haters? There were a few takes for that one because Marions husband said so.

Also an option, one click away, where you can just hit a button while you're watching the movie. Where you can go from Bane's original voice as shot, to the ADR that we eventually saw in a few scenes from the theatrical/current blu-ray. That would be awesome.

We know the Alfred-Bruce emotional scene was a little bit longer. We know Foley's original death could be used in a director's cut. Maybe. We also know that from the trailers that there's more footage of Bruce doing pushups before exiting his cell door. Im going to assume that's one scene, before his final jump.

It can probably be a 3 hour movie if you also include those extra Bane/Miranda-Fox scenes. Im sure it was cut to 2:45 all because of that Imax limitation.

#772 shauner111, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  23. jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

It would be ideal, but it is unlikely they will do it.

24. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Why does everyone think TDKR had a tremendous amount of footage cut out? I've read the script, book, and checked. At most, we have a few seconds, maybe even three minutes at most of dialogue cut out, Foley's death, Wayne entering the party w/ rose petals falling down, Bruce training a little bit in the prison, and Bane's backstory.

At most, 6 minutes of footage. At most.

25. shauner111 Registered

Yeah, im obviously exaggerating if i say it would be 3 hours long. Probably a little over 5 minutes extra footage. But it's worth it.

I havent read the script or the book, how long is the Miranda-Lucius scene? A minute? Because we have a still photo of them sitting down talking so i know they shot it.