DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

She's 5'6 , so should would be on the short side, but she is gorgeous.
I've never seen her act before.
FhYNrRZXEAAF52E

daniela-melchior-as-wonder-woman-v0-x6tm72j1kx6a1.jpg

Big grain of salt, but Chris pratt may? be coming to the DCU.
Perhaps as Hal Jordan.
Again, huge mountain of salt.

Casting Chris Pratt as Green Lantern (after him having just played Star-lord for ten years) would be one of the laziest decisions ever made.

I sometimes feel like Chris Pratt is becoming another Ryan Reynolds so that would be very ironic.

What's the context of that picture?
All these random Twitter accounts trying to start rumors out of thin air... I should post a picture of myself next to my Batman coffee cup to see if my name starts popping up somewhere for the role...

I sometimes feel like Chris Pratt is becoming another Ryan Reynolds so that would be very ironic.

What's the context of that picture?
All these random Twitter accounts trying to start rumors out of thin air... I should post a picture of myself next to my Batman coffee cup to see if my name starts popping up somewhere for the role...
Daniela Melchior posted this photo on her Instagram. Interesting that she framed the photo to sneak WW in there.

Could be a whole lot of nothing, but I found it curious.

Keep Chris Pratt away from the new DCU... we just got rid of too many controversial actors.

Can pretty much guarantee that you will still see controversial actors cast in both the DCEU and MCU. It’s unavoidable. You just gotta hope they are redeemable.

I've never seen Daniela Melchior act. She seems to have the look. But Gal Gadot is listed as 5' 10", so probably around 6' - 6'1" in the boots. 5'6" is on the short side. Even if the boots give her that extra three inches she's still only just approaching Gadot's height in flat feet.

Last edited:
Pratt’s a terrible actor, so if that’s the caliber of actor they’re looking for for this reboot then it was all for nothing lmfao. If he absolutely has to be in this universe because he’s now a member of Gunn’s repertoire then I hope it’s just a voice role.
From the guardians cast, Cooper makes the most sense to transfer over. He’s already heavily involved with the Joker films at WB and he’s gonna be Bullitt for them & Spielberg.

What about Cooper or Pratt as a Parallax Hal Jordon. Coast City gets destroyed and Hal is a villain facing off against John Stewart or Kyle Rayner (or both).

I can understand Momoa not wanting to give up on a franchise that made a billion dollars, but Lobo is the character he was born to play.

I think his time as Aquaman is done after Lost Kingdom, but he isn't at liberty to say so just yet. Had he divulged the entire plan, it'd all but kill the momentum for said sequel. Some of it anyway.

“I’ll always be Aquaman, ain’t no one coming in here and taking my ****…but I can play other characters too” -Jason Momoa today in an interview with Variety.

The thing is, they meaning WBD, are at least gonna wanna wait to see how Aquaman 2 performs.

If it makes close to , or as much as the first , it's hard to scrap that franchise for the sake of continuity in a rebooted universe.

I'm skeptical they'll pull the plug on Momoa's Aquaman not matter how the film performs.

I definitely think there's a qualifier ,and Aquaman 2's performance will determine whether that franchise continues.

At the same time, it's possible that a Lobo film , will be part of the Elseworlds films like The Batman and Joker , which would make it possible for Momoa to play both Aquaman in the DCU and Lobo in a The Batman and Joker type film outside of the DCU.

They aren't going to confine Lobo to Elseworld movies. If he's doing both, its likely that his Aquaman would still be set in the old DCEU while he also plays Lobo for the new DCU.

They aren't going to confine Lobo to Elseworld movies. If he's doing both, its likely that his Aquaman would still be set in the old DCEU while he also plays Lobo for the new DCU.
Yeah I've always figured that was gonna be the case.

Aquaman was WB's highest grossing film. Even if they are going to hard reboot and make the new DCU completely disconnected from the old DCEU, it'd still make a ton of sense to make a third one if the second one grosses like the first one did.

That doesn't mean that Momoa Aquaman would be the DCU Aquaman, it'd just mean they'd make an Aquaman 3 not set in the new universe to close out that trilogy.

They have an easier time doing that too since unlike with let's say Batman it's much more feasible to just wait until 2030 or something to introduce the DCU Aquaman. The JL cartoon didn't even have him as part of the roster and it worked fine.

I'd actually say the same thing about Shazam. There is absolutely zero rush to introduce a DCU Shazam so they can probably afford to make a third one on the old DCEU.

And as for the "Well why cancel Wonder Woman 3 then?", it's simple: If you make a new DC Universe you need a Wonder Woman solo, you don't need Aquaman or Shazam. So they can plausibly keep going for one more film on their trilogies since it won't exactly cross paths with anything the DCU is doing, but Wonder Woman and Superman are characters the new DCU needs ASAP so waiting for them is not an option.

The answer is actually ridiculously simple. For some reason people have it in their minds it either HAS to be a hard reboot where Aquaman 3 and Shazam 3 don't happen no matter what even if they make a lot of money, or a soft reboot where those two characters will stay for another 10 years even if it causes a lot of problems for the worldbuilding of the new universe, when it literally can be as simple as: They hard reboot and they still make those films but separate from the new universe. The end. Literally zero reason they can't do that. It's probably the approach Gunn is gonna take for his Peacemaker and TSS spin-offs as well. They did well on HBO MAX and it's not like he needs to use Peacemaker or Ratcatcher 2 or Bloodsport any time soon in the new DCU so why not keep them going? There's genuinely zero conflict there.

Some people for some reason want this extremely clear-cut line between when the DCEU ends and when the DCU starts but due to the circumstances it makes way more financial sense to just phase out the succesful DCEU properties at the same time the new DCU kicks off with rebooted ones. It's like they demand that if it's a hard reboot then after 2023 nothing from the old DCEU gets made but that was never realistic. The transitional period into a full new DCU was never gonna be that clear cut with that amount of money on the line; but that doesn't mean the new DCU has to be compromised in the process by doing a soft reboot either.

Last edited:
It makes no sense to announce a full reboot when you have like three major films (i.e., Shazam 2, The Flash, and Aquaman 2) that are all scheduled to premiere in the following year. You're pretty much telling the audiences that none of those films will matter anymore in the grand scheme of things.

It makes no sense to announce a full reboot when you have like three major films (i.e., Shazam 2, The Flash, and Aquaman 2) that are all scheduled to premiere in the following year. You're pretty much telling the audiences that none of those films will matter anymore in the grand scheme of things.
Well, the thing is that I think that the bulk of the audiences that made Shazam or Aquaman a success didn't really care for the connected universe aspect of those films to begin with; but yeah I generally agree they wouldn't announce they're not doing a third film of those franchises.

Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but I'm kinda hoping that if I'm right and it's a hard reboot with some stuff still being made outside of it, in Gunn's announcement in a couple days? he clarifies that the new DCU will be a total reboot while also keeping the door open to make a new Shazam or Aquaman in the old DCU if their films succeed. That way this debate can finally end and we can get clarification on what's happening. But most likely we'll remain in a bizarre limbo for like a year.

As much as I want all the details on future plans up front asap, they would likely be better served saving up for a slam dunk comprehensive intro announcement as soon as the final film of those 3 has passed its peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"