The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever it is, someone is responsible for giving her more undeserved screen time. Lord give me strength to continue watching this show.
She's had barely anything to do for the last 4 episodes. Forbid that she have a filler episode about her.
I don't think is a good season for Barry at all. If anything this season and the 3rd season belonged to Iris.
She's barely done anything this season and last season did basically nothing. Season 3 was all about Barry, his mistakes and his darkness. If this season's about anyone other than Barry, it's Ralph. He's had more to do than all the main characters, with the exception Barry, I'd say.
Is Barry going to actually get to do anything this season?? The Flash has been sitting on the sidelines doing nothing for half the season now. This is getting ridiculous.
That's a chunk of time out of a season like that. No way is this anywhere near the best season.
Barry had heavy story prominence in Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash, True Colors, Trial Of The Flash, Don't Run, Therefore I Am and Elongated Journey Into Night.

Is Barry going to actually get to do anything this season?? The Flash has been sitting on the sidelines doing nothing for half the season now. This is getting ridiculous.
Evidently the answer is no. But this is nothing new, Barry's been on the sidelines since last season. There's a bigger chance of him leaving the show than Iris. The hate for Barry Flash is strong with the TPTB.

flash-iris-speedster.jpg

I'm eagerly anticipating the return of this show, and I can't wait to see all of the post-show tantrums that powered-up Iris will cause.

Honestly, I don't think Iris would be hated as much if they didn't have her say that "You're not the Flash, we are Barry" line along with having her presented as the team's leader....thus practically demoting Barry in a sense.

If Iris had been naturally developed as her own character, where she wasn't entirely defined by her romance with Barry (along with their incest-like romance not being constantly shoved down our throats), then I guarantee you that she would have been A LOT more popular.

If this season's about anyone other than Barry, it's Ralph. He's had more to do than all the main characters, with the exception Barry, I'd say.Barry had heavy story prominence in Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash, True Colors, Trial Of The Flash, Don't Run, Therefore I Am and Elongated Journey Into Night.

Heavy story prominace sure, but he’s been a very passive protagonist this season which is where my issue resides. He’s spent 4 episodes alone in some sort of a cell, though the last one he was actually doing stuff so it wasn’t so bad. But a majority of the season has been him reacting to things.

But yeah, I blame most of that on the fact that Ralph is getting so much attention from the writers (this show really needs to stop with the constant pep talks), and the fact that DeVoe so far has been a pretty lackluster villain and is suffering some of the same issues Zoom did.

There's a bigger chance of him leaving the show than Iris

That’s a bit extreme and incredibly unlikely.

That’s a bit extreme and incredibly unlikely.
After S1 TF, this outcome certainly seemed incredibly unlikely. Yet look where we are now. S1 of The Iris, and this is after S1 of Team Flash and the Perpetual Damsel in Distress last year.

Guys, I'm not deleting the Iris talk so far because of the new pic, but make your complaints on the pic and move on. Take any further Iris discussion/debate to the Iris thread, please.

So everybody is a superhero now? Did I miss something?

Are humans the minority?

EDIT: Too much Iris talk in my post. Sorry Flickchick.

Lol, I enjoyed that ep, not gonna lie.

Except the Flash cast would really sing it. :cwink:
Of course, but if we're going to get everyone in on it (looking at Tala and Dominic), maybe a lip sync version would be a better enticement. I don't care either way as long as they do one. :gngl:

Lol, I enjoyed that ep, not gonna lie.

Ugh, that's the only ep of Flash and Supergirl that I haven't like.

Also, somehow I endured the Sound of Music for the 3rd time in my life last week. I really need my favorite shows to be musical-free havens for me. :woot:

Well I love musicals in general, but can't stand The Sound of Music, so I at least feel your pain there. ;)

We may not see Killer Frost, Captain Cold, and Heatwave in the Arrowverse any longer because the Flashpoint movie will feature them.

I don't think is a good season for Barry at all. If anything this season and the 3rd season belonged to Iris.

That would royally suck.. I'd hate for any of these shows have to lose a character or three, all cause the movies show them.

She's had barely anything to do for the last 4 episodes. Forbid that she have a filler episode about her.She's barely done anything this season and last season did basically nothing. Season 3 was all about Barry, his mistakes and his darkness. If this season's about anyone other than Barry, it's Ralph. He's had more to do than all the main characters, with the exception Barry, I'd say.Barry had heavy story prominence in Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash, True Colors, Trial Of The Flash, Don't Run, Therefore I Am and Elongated Journey Into Night.

My issue with the entire season, not a few episodes. Only thing I agree with is that Ralph is getting emphasis.

Honestly, I don't think Iris would be hated as much if they didn't have her say that "You're not the Flash, we are Barry" line along with having her presented as the team's leader....thus practically demoting Barry in a sense.
How is that demoting Barry? He's still his own person who makes his own decisions about his life and what he does in his situation. He's not demoted.
Heavy story prominace sure, but he’s been a very passive protagonist this season which is where my issue resides. He’s spent 4 episodes alone in some sort of a cell, though the last one he was actually doing stuff so it wasn’t so bad. But a majority of the season has been him reacting to things.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, because by the time the show was started Barry was pretty passive in most of the main stories. Season 1 wasn't really about anything for Barry. All the side characters were doing other stuff. Barry was just zipping around stopping the villain of the week. He didn't get really active until the last batch of episodes. S2 had him be more active, but in s3 he was mainly passive again until the 2nd half of the season. I'd say we're in similar territory, but Barry was pretty proactive in his mentoring of Ralph in Elongated Journey Into Night, When Harry Met Harry... and The Elongated Knight Rises. And he was pretty active not just in previous episode, but also the episodes before that, where he had stories in prison.
But yeah, I blame most of that on the fact that Ralph is getting so much attention from the writers (this show really needs to stop with the constant pep talks), and the fact that DeVoe so far has been a pretty lackluster villain and is suffering some of the same issues Zoom did.
I don't agree about Devoe really.
Evidently the answer is no. But this is nothing new, Barry's been on the sidelines since last season. There's a bigger chance of him leaving the show than Iris. The hate for Barry Flash is strong with the TPTB.
I'm starting to think you didn't watch last season, because that was all about Barry.

My issue with the entire season, not a few episodes. Only thing I agree with is that Ralph is getting emphasis.
But what I said is true. Barry this season is leading the pack in having episodes where he has character prominence.

But what I said is true. Barry this season is leading the pack in having episodes where he has character prominence.

This season has been more about Barry Allen than his alter ego, which is to be expected with a ongoing show. We're getting a look into Barry's moral makeup, which has been very satisfying. There is plenty of time for fisticuffs and fireworks later.

My problem is the actor they picked for flash never fit the role, either did the movie actor. I think the flash needs to be rebooted with a better actor. Flash is just SUPER emo and its depressing to watch. I get its CW but after seeing what they can do on Black Lightning they need to raise the bar on Flash.

Well I love musicals in general, but can't stand The Sound of Music, so I at least feel your pain there. ;)

What's wrong with the Sound of Music? It has the Von Doom family singers and Peter Parker in it. The songs are classic.

My problem is the actor they picked for flash never fit the role, either did the movie actor. I think the flash needs to be rebooted with a better actor. Flash is just SUPER emo and its depressing to watch. I get its CW but after seeing what they can do on Black Lightning they need to raise the bar on Flash.
I don't completely disagree. I thought since the first Arrow episode with him that he seemed too thin and nerdy.

If Iris had been naturally developed as her own character, where she wasn't entirely defined by her romance with Barry (along with their incest-like romance not being constantly shoved down our throats), then I guarantee you that she would have been A LOT more popular.

She seems to be notorious to keeping people away from watching. She's popular but for all the wrong reasons. The Facebook comments are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"