The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm trying not to let it bother me. Things like that generally don't. But the prison itself just seems so cruel. The locking up someone with no powers bothered me. The being trapped inside a single room with one-way glass was what tipped it over the edge. It's just a little much.

I'm about ready for them to introduce Wally, don't let him get powers just yet tho.

Also Hartley is not a metahuman, so the only reason he is even in there is to have his storyline with Cisco.

Or because he knows who the Flash is, that S.T.A.R. Labs is working with Flash, and that Wells can walk. So they keep him there (Mostly for the Barry thing.)

Did he actually know who Barry was? I don't think it was revealed he did.

Did he actually know who Barry was? I don't think it was revealed he did.

I'm gonna guess that since he downloaded all of STAR labs information on him during his first escape that he knows the Flash is Barry Allen.

I'm about ready for them to introduce Wally, don't let him get powers just yet tho.

I want Wally to show up soon, keep him around for a couple seasons before giving him powers, they should probably make him Iris's cousin though, to get around the age difference you'd otherwise have between him and Park.

Or because he knows who the Flash is, that S.T.A.R. Labs is working with Flash, and that Wells can walk. So they keep him there (Mostly for the Barry thing.)

Does he though? There wasn't really anything that indicated he knew that.

lol; yeah I had been confused about that at first when I read it originally because I could have sworn that I saw you making posts about how much you enjoyed some of the previous episodes.lol

lol yeah I am loving this show like I said its giving me a smallville vibe and I loved smallville and of course smallville was on for 10 years so no matter what you think about smallville it was a very successfully show. Has people have already said the chemistry between the characters has been great and I cant weight to see what happens the rest of the season.

I want Wally to show up soon, keep him around for a couple seasons before giving him powers, they should probably make him Iris's cousin though, to get around the age difference you'd otherwise have between him and Park.

I'd rather they hold off on Wally until season three. Introducing Roy so early did no favors for Arrow.

I'd rather they hold off on Wally until season three. Introducing Roy so early did no favors for Arrow.

Eh, I didn't have much of a problem with that. But Wally's family to Joe, Iris, and Barry though, he should at least get mentioned before the end of the season.

Whenever they plan that second Particle Accelerator Accident is when Wally should show up.

Given the way the show's producers operate, I'm not inclined to believe that they have any intention of ever bringing Wally into the equation, because their patterns suggest that we would've already heard mention of him and/or his family - even in an off-hand fashion - if he/they exist.

Given the way the show's producers operate, I'm not inclined to believe that they have any intention of ever bringing Wally into the equation, because their patterns suggest that we would've already heard mention of him and/or his family - even in an off-hand fashion - if he/they exist.

No offense, but the last time you presumed to know how the writers and producers operate, you were dead wrong, there's no way they have no plans for Wally West, he's too important to leave out for long. Wally's not a matter of if for the show, he's a matter of when.

Last edited:
Unless my memory is running bad, didn't the producers say that one of the reasons why they had intentionally changed the race for Iris and Joe West was because they wanted to introduce the New 52 version of Wally (where he's Black)?

No offense, but the last time you presumed to know how the writers and producers operate, you were dead wrong

The last time I mentioned the producers and writers' pattern(s) of operation, I predicted that they were going to end "The Climb" with some big revelation about the future direction of the Arrow S3 storyline. I did end up being wrong in that regard, yes, but that's only because I wasn't expecting them to deviate from their established patterns (and they still haven't given me any further reason to doubt those patterns).

Just because they deviated from their established patterns once doesn't mean that they're going to do so again.

Unless my memory is running bad, didn't the producers say that one of the reasons why they had intentionally changed the race for Iris and Joe West was because they wanted to introduce the New 52 version of Wally (where he's Black)?

Correct. Direct quote from Greg Berlanti:
"We made [the] Wests African-American so that we could head in that direction."

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014...s-suggest-wally-west-could-eventually-appear/

There's no way they don't introduce Wally West at some point. Flash and Arrow are overflowing with heroes and future heroes at this point; there's no reason to think that they'll pass on the opportunity to introduce Wally.

Yeah, I have no doubt that they'll introduce Wally at some point.

However, would people here be upset if he doesn't hook up with Linda and ends up with someone else?

Yeah, I have no doubt that they'll introduce Wally at some point.

However, would people here be upset if he doesn't hook up with Linda and ends up with someone else?

That'd depend on how they handle Linda and any potential other love interests, Unless the show runs for a crapload of seasons and Wally actually becomes the Flash and takes over as main character I won't get too caught up in his supporting characters.

Something to consider: the New 52 version of Wally soon won't exist, because DC is rebooting again. That might conceivably effect plans, especially plans connected to editorial mandates.

I don't get the impression the show's plans are due to editorial mandates.

Does he though? There wasn't really anything that indicated he knew that.

He might have known or he does know now. He did find Wells laying down in a hallway with his wheelchair nowhere in sight, after all.

As for Wally, keep me out of the mix for now. Arrow has suffered with trying to juggle way too many important characters too soon.

Something to consider: the New 52 version of Wally soon won't exist, because DC is rebooting again. That might conceivably effect plans, especially plans connected to editorial mandates.

There is 0 truth in this post.

DC is NOT rebooting.

Wally West will still exist and keep appearing in the current Flash book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"