The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that they will replace the main character of the show. They are hardly going to just get rid of Grant Gustin like that.

I highly doubt that they will replace the main character of the show. They are hardly going to just get rid of Grant Gustin like that.
They've been following the comics pretty closely, so i wouldn't be surprised if it does happen. I think killing off Barry at the end of season 2 or 3 wouldn't be that unreasonable. Especially considering the amount of development the character has gotten over the span of not even a whole season. 46 or 689 hour long episodes, culminating in an epic sacrifice along the lines of COIE would be more than a worthy sendoff for Gustin/Barry. That isn't necesarily my ideal scenario for the show, but i want Wally to eventually take up the mantle, and the beginning of season 3 or season 4 would be a good starting point for Wally Flash imo.

They've been following the comics pretty closely, so i wouldn't be surprised if it does happen. I think killing off Barry at the end of season 2 or 3 wouldn't be that unreasonable. Especially considering the amount of development the character has gotten over the span of not even a whole season. 46 or 689 hour long episodes, culminating in an epic sacrifice along the lines of COIE would be more than a worthy sendoff for Gustin/Barry. That isn't necesarily my ideal scenario for the show, but i want Wally to eventually take up the mantle, and the beginning of season 3 or season 4 would be a good starting point for Wally Flash imo.

Grant and Barry are very well liked. I think that would be pretty risky. Its not like the Sara/Laurel thing as Sara was not the main character and face of the show. Of course it could work if done properly but it is still an unnecessary risk to take IMO, especially if the show is still going strong with Grant/Barry and people have not grown tired of him yet and he is still as popular as he is now.

They are not going to kill of Barry...Deadshot is a completely different animal.

Even if they did plan to do that at some point, it would not be in season 2. This isnt the comics where Wally was Barry's sidekick for decades before taking up the mantle...you are talking about a young Barry Allen being killed off for an even younger character that hasnt even showed up on the show yet. To make it work it needs to be obvious, the next step in a long buildup and process. It would completely destroy almost all of the existing story lines so you dont do that in Season 2 or 3.

I could see where, when Barry screws up the time line when he comes back perhaps Wally or someone else is The Flash, but it will be a quick turnaround (however long they keep the change around) and a possible hint to the future. But, just like all time screw ups it will be fixed and Barry will be The Flash.

I can't see them killing Barry. He's the star of the show. I mean,people tune in to see him. The public at large isn't going to give a rat's backside for someone taking his place.

It really remains to be seen just how receptive fans will be to this "New 52" Wally anyway. From what I understand,the reaction he's gotten is less than positive.

I'd like to see them continue to use Cavanagh on the show,if possible.But it's nice to know they have options with the character.

I do NOT want Pied Piper joining the team! He's too good as a villain,and his rivalry with Cisco is too good to lose!

I think they might have Barry travel into the future and meet Wally. At least that's what I'm hoping for. If they found a good actor to play Wally, there could be some really awesome team ups!

[QUOTE=Rorschach2012;31009291]They've been following the comics pretty closely, so i wouldn't be surprised if it does happen. I think killing off Barry at the end of season 2 or 3 wouldn't be that unreasonable. Especially considering the amount of development the character has gotten over the span of not even a whole season. 46 or 689 hour long episodes, culminating in an epic sacrifice along the lines of COIE would be more than a worthy sendoff for Gustin/Barry. That isn't necesarily my ideal scenario for the show, but i want Wally to eventually take up the mantle, and the beginning of season 3 or season 4 would be a good starting point for Wally Flash imo.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Imagine if they cancel the show before they release the Flash movie. Obviously, we two wouldn't want that to happen. But if Barry gets killed, the show producers could decide to can the Flash series. Side note: Do u think Ezra Miller looks like a *****e and shouldn't play Flash in the movies? Some people on other sites were saying he is.

So are the timelines something like this? ;

RmAoKry.jpg

Or am I getting confused?

Help!

You're making just a couple bad assumptions.

Remember, Eobard Thawne is from centuries in the future. He did not jump back to Nora Allen's death in 2024. Neither are we sure that the Barry that disappeared in 2024 went back to Nora's death. Also, remember, that our Barry is still on course to disappear in 2024 or else Gideon would say so (and almost did when Barry lost his powers and almost died), and we know he jumps back sooner than that, so that's another reason not to relate him disappearing in Crisis with him going back to Nora's death.

Also remember, Eobard came back to kill Nora Allen, and that Flash chased him to the house. This suggests that some version of Eobard was successful in the original original timeline in killing Nora Allen by accident, but then that Barry grew up and went back in time to stop it, thus creating the fight. We then would be experiencing the third (or later?) iteration of this time loop, where Barry remembers seeing himself fight Thawne that night, and is going back intending to change things. Each time he is fighting the same Eobard Thawne who is coming back to that time period for the first time.

The hole in my theory of course is in the original original timeline, how could a speedster make a mistake like that? And what would cause him to not finish the job? This suggests that time travel is more of the Terminator/Interstellar variety, where things are set in stone and not the Back to the Future variety, where you can go back and change anything.

You're making just a couple bad assumptions.

Remember, Eobard Thawne is from centuries in the future. He did not jump back to Nora Allen's death in 2024. Neither are we sure that the Barry that disappeared in 2024 went back to Nora's death. Also, remember, that our Barry is still on course to disappear in 2024 or else Gideon would say so (and almost did when Barry lost his powers and almost died), and we know he jumps back sooner than that, so that's another reason not to relate him disappearing in Crisis with him going back to Nora's death.

Also remember, Eobard came back to kill Nora Allen, and that Flash chased him to the house. This suggests that some version of Eobard was successful in the original original timeline in killing Nora Allen by accident, but then that Barry grew up and went back in time to stop it, thus creating the fight. We then would be experiencing the third (or later?) iteration of this time loop, where Barry remembers seeing himself fight Thawne that night, and is going back intending to change things. Each time he is fighting the same Eobard Thawne who is coming back to that time period for the first time.

The hole in my theory of course is in the original original timeline, how could a speedster make a mistake like that? And what would cause him to not finish the job? This suggests that time travel is more of the Terminator/Interstellar variety, where things are set in stone and not the Back to the Future variety, where you can go back and change anything.

I believe the writers said that everything Wells told Cisco before he killed him was the truth. That he was trying to kill Barry but Nora was killed instead. The writers want to make Wells/Eobard a villain you could almost sympathize with.
I'd assume they would stick to the comic book style of time traveling. And we've already seen where things can be changed in The Flash.

My Theory:

Based on comics and what I've seen in the show so far here's what I think. And I want to bang my head against the wall because so many people aren't seeing this.

In the comics it's discovered that Barry actually created the speed force that every speedster taps into. I believe when Eobard and Barry traveled back in time the set little Barry on a course not to become the Flash and so the speedforce is never created. Eobard has to then make sure Barry becomes the flash to get the speedforce back up.
The comics also state that basically with every footstep Barry takes he charges the speedforce. Explaining why Eobard needs to keep Barry safe. So that when he's ready he'll have enough of the Speedforce to travel back to his time.

Now as to why Eobard was trying to kill the flash. I think they'll stick with the comics. It would be a great way to introduce Wally. Basically RF travels back in time to meet his hero, Barry. He ends up traveling to the wrong time and meets Wally. Instead of leaving he claims to be Barry and helps out Wally for a while. He soon finds out that he's destined to be Barry's arch-nemesis. This drives him mad. He goes crazy and basically fulfills his destiny. They probably will add more reason to why RF hates the Flash but either way I think it'll stay along that premise.

The dead body Joe finds is the original Dr. Wells
Eddie is being mind controlled by Grodd.
and
RF is going to escape the final battle and live to see another day!

Has anyone seen
the new filming pics for 1x23 it seems Ronnie/Caitlin will be getting married but what I notice everyone's there but Dr. Wells and everyone that is there is people RF has attacked to get Barry fast enough to tap into the speed force .Also the episode is called Fast Enough not even Caitlin's Mom/Dad is there something is not right also DP said Caitlin would get her happy ending only to get it ripped away. It seems Team Flash thinks RF is gone remember the sets pics of Flash/Arrow/Firestorm vs RF what if they beat him or they think RF is gone time for Ronnie/Caitlin to get married only to reveal that Ronnie is really RF he killed the real Ronnie in 1x22 and now he got everyone in his trap Barry u either tap into the speed force or watch your friends die. He ripped away Wells/Tess happy ending he can it again with Ronnie/Caitlin sorry if this way too long.

No, please no.

That is super confusing.

I was just thinking.. If Deadshot isn't allowed to appear on the show anymore and neither is Harley, maybe the intention is to kill Barry off at the end of season 2, making Wally the Flash. As long as the actor is as good as Gustin, I would be down for that. It would make a lot of sense considering the way WB is restricting the CWverse. That way the movies can focus on Barry and the show can focus on Wally

Yeah, I would hate WB if they did that. I would really, REALLY hate them.

Ah, and Barry is still alive in 2024, even in this alternative timeline.

I believe the writers said that everything Wells told Cisco before he killed him was the truth. That he was trying to kill Barry but Nora was killed instead. The writers want to make Wells/Eobard a villain you could almost sympathize with.
I'd assume they would stick to the comic book style of time traveling. And we've already seen where things can be changed in The Flash.

Naturally it's the truth... but his hestiation on the word accident makes me wonder if fighting with The Flash wasn't the cause of him accidentally killing Nora instead of young Barry.

My Theory:

Based on comics and what I've seen in the show so far here's what I think. And I want to bang my head against the wall because so many people aren't seeing this.

In the comics it's discovered that Barry actually created the speed force that every speedster taps into. I believe when Eobard and Barry traveled back in time the set little Barry on a course not to become the Flash and so the speedforce is never created. Eobard has to then make sure Barry becomes the flash to get the speedforce back up.
The comics also state that basically with every footstep Barry takes he charges the speedforce. Explaining why Eobard needs to keep Barry safe. So that when he's ready he'll have enough of the Speedforce to travel back to his time.

Now as to why Eobard was trying to kill the flash. I think they'll stick with the comics. It would be a great way to introduce Wally. Basically RF travels back in time to meet his hero, Barry. He ends up traveling to the wrong time and meets Wally. Instead of leaving he claims to be Barry and helps out Wally for a while. He soon finds out that he's destined to be Barry's arch-nemesis. This drives him mad. He goes crazy and basically fulfills his destiny. They probably will add more reason to why RF hates the Flash but either way I think it'll stay along that premise.

and

That would be really cool, actually, to have young Eobard's actor gain the motivation to come back and kill Barry later on in the series/seasons. Very cool.

Has anyone seen
the new filming pics for 1x23 it seems Ronnie/Caitlin will be getting married but what I notice everyone's there but Dr. Wells and everyone that is there is people RF has attacked to get Barry fast enough to tap into the speed force .Also the episode is called Fast Enough not even Caitlin's Mom/Dad is there something is not right also DP said Caitlin would get her happy ending only to get it ripped away. It seems Team Flash thinks RF is gone remember the sets pics of Flash/Arrow/Firestorm vs RF what if they beat him or they think RF is gone time for Ronnie/Caitlin to get married only to reveal that Ronnie is really RF he killed the real Ronnie in 1x22 and now he got everyone in his trap Barry u either tap into the speed force or watch your friends die. He ripped away Wells/Tess happy ending he can it again with Ronnie/Caitlin sorry if this way too long.

Yeah, ain't happening, I could see RF showing up at that though, and Barry being forced to kill him.

Okay, I don't think there's all that much evidence left to say that Nora died in the original timeline. I think they've established pretty well that Eobard Thawne changed the past when he traveled back in time, and they've implicitly established that Nora Allen survived in the original timeline with Wells admitting he was aiming for Barry and clearly ignoring her in the slow mo battle to make a dive at little Barry.

Also, I'm thinking the floating liquid we keep seeing is tied to the speed force; there was no particle accelerator the night Nora was killed, and I'm thinking Thawne deliberately moved up the accelerator accident to coincide with the night when Barry got his powers as part of his cover to make sure he had a reason to be Barry's mentor. He needs Barry to get his powers back because he's bound to the Speed Force as well and Barry's connection gives him the power to return.

Last edited:
Okay, I don't think there's all that much evidence left to say that Nora died in the original timeline. I think they've established pretty well that Eobard Thawne changed the past when he traveled back in time, and they've implicitly established that Nora Allen survived in the original timeline with Wells admitting he was aiming for Barry and clearly ignoring her in the slow mo battle to make a dive at little Barry.

Also, I'm thinking the floating liquid we keep seeing is tied to the speed force; there was no particle accelerator the night Nora was killed, and I'm thinking Thawne deliberately moved up the accelerator accident to coincide with the night when Barry got his powers as part of his cover to make sure he had a reason to be Barry's mentor. He needs Barry to get his powers back because he's bound to the Speed Force as well and Barry's connection gives him the power to return.

That's a great angle, that the storm would have happened anyway, the lightning would have hit Barry, the speed force would have chosen him anyway. The particle accelerator is just Eobard's cover. Brilliant.

My Theory:

and

I'm not sure if superfan RF really fits with what we've seen Cavanagh bring to the character so far. He doesn't seem mentally unhinged at all. He seems like a man on a mission.

If they are going for some comic influence with his backstory, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons he goes back in time to kill Barry is to stop the Thawne/Allen family rivalry from ever starting.

My theory on why Reverse Flash goes back in time, is Eddie Thawne. I think Eddie originally got the powers as well but something happened where Eddie is portrayed as the villain. Starting the legacy of the Reverse Flash,this stained the Thawne family for centuries while the Allen family were praised and seen as heroes. As the Flash legacy was passed on generation after generation. I think the plan was to kill Barry with the least bit of interruption. Then when the particle accelerator accident happened Eddie Thawne would be the only the flash.

All these hiatus' are getting annoying...

My theory on why Reverse Flash goes back in time, is Eddie Thawne. I think Eddie originally got the powers as well but something happened where Eddie is portrayed as the villain. Starting the legacy of the Reverse Flash,this stained the Thawne family for centuries while the Allen family were praised and seen as heroes. As the Flash legacy was passed on generation after generation. I think the plan was to kill Barry with the least bit of interruption. Then when the particle accelerator accident happened Eddie Thawne would be the only the flash.

If that were the case, he would have just gone and killed little Barry after losing the speed force and then set up events to make Eddie the Flash. He just needs a Flash to tap into the Speed Force to access it himself, so if he thought he could make Eddie the Flash, he would have, instead of working to make Barry The Flash.

if you watch closely you can see after barry saves his younger self that he jumps into the street light and disappears.... that might be when he jumps back in time... while RF gets stuck in the past

If that were the case, he would have just gone and killed little Barry after losing the speed force and then set up events to make Eddie the Flash. He just needs a Flash to tap into the Speed Force to access it himself, so if he thought he could make Eddie the Flash, he would have, instead of working to make Barry The Flash.

I think he realized Barry is the creator of the speed force.That may not have been known to him beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"