The flash season 2 episode 17 "Flash Back"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by WeatherWizard99, Mar 10, 2016.

?

rate the episode

1. 0

2. 1

3. 2

4. 3

5. 4

6. 5

7. 6

8. 7

9. 8

10. 9

11. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Speed Force formula, yay.

What's up with DC comics time travel paradoxies?
    Bad guy travels back in time, the mess made is his work.
    Good guy travels back in time to fix a mess or change something competently, a bigger mess happens.
    Except for when Booster Gold does it.

"Dementor", :hehe:, been long since I saw an episode of Harry Potter.

2. spiderman2 Registered

Just got down watching tonights episode. Pretty good episode. I fellt like the first half of the season was kind of slow but the second half of the season has picked up. The part with Barry and wells in the valut thing in the past was really good good. The end was nice with Barry and the video. A really sweat thing to do. Sucks we have 2 rerun weeks in a row before the season starts up again. I thought we where done with breaks now. Looks like we are going to see zoom for the first time with out the mask besides the one end thing a few weeks ago. So i take it next episode we are going back to earth 2?

3. spiderman2 Registered

lol that Barry Barry fight really was some bad CGI. Maybe the worst i have seen on this show. That was like ps2 level looking.

4. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the episode.

I can't even remember how things ended that last time Pied Piper was around.

5. zenith16 Registered

Cisco let pied piper out to help with detail's on a case and they had a little mini martial art's fight where cisco won atthe location they were investigating, but pied piper broke out using his ear piece's the allow him to hear and he walked out of star labs and I think that was the same episode where they showed his back story like when Cisco first came to star labs. pied piper found out about some illegal thing but was framed by eobard posing as wells .

Pied piper was formerly next in line to run star labs but eobard seemed to like Cisco alot as his next student and pied piper was feeling jealous a bit among other things before all this.

#55 zenith16, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. DigificWriter Registered

I liked the premise of the episode, but was annoyed because we were promised contextual setup for "Worlds Finest" and didn't get any.

7. Bren Forevernoob

How were we 'promised'?

8. zenith16 Registered

it was a interview in an article he read from one of the web outlet's that fallows the show news wise .

#58 zenith16, Mar 30, 2016
  9. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Pretty funny CGI involving the two Flashes.

The scene with Barry and Eobard Thawne/ Wells was the highlight.

If Wally West becomes Kid Flash, I wonder if he will wear Barry's 1st season suit that would be a nod to the comics when Wally first started his career wearing a junior version of Barry's suit.

10. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Wally won'rt be Kid Flash, he's not a kid.

11. A3itor Registered

And what age do you expect kid flash to be, prodigy brain... :applaud:

12. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

Carrying a name like that? Under 16.

13. SuperBatman Registered

Hate all these breaks but I don't blame the writters I blame the CW. They plan a date for the Season Finale to be and they have to work around that I guess. There is only 5 Episodes this season and the Next episode looks to be a doozy.

14. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

^6.
    Today's episode was 17.

15. Eros Registered

so Barry goes back in time alters a noted event, and the only major change is piped piper is good and having dinner with his parents? this episode was Ludacris, they even say how Ludacris and dangerous this idea was and the whole butterfly effect thing, yet nothing changes despite them having another super genius for an ally for months and how much could of been altered by that.

16. Guard82 Registered

This was an exciting episode. So many scenes were very suspenseful and full of tension, leaving me on the edge of my seat. Barry meeting his past self was nerve-wracking, and Barry's battle of wits with Wells/Thawne -- after Thawne realized who he was -- was extremely intense. I liked how they used the Pied Piper again, and how they showed just how ill-prepared Barry was for the risks of time travel. Very thrilling story.

#66 Guard82, Mar 30, 2016
  17. Adanu Registered

I'm mixed on this one. On one hand, time travel episodes are hit or miss. For the most part I could handle this one... but they'd better explain wtf happened with Pied Piper suddenly joining the team.

18. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

It was a great episode though I wonder how there wasn't any butterfly effect at all (that we know of, at least) from even the slight change in the timeline.

Some great dialogue between Wells-Thawne and Barry and that Time Wraith was scary.

Dementor- second Harry Potter reference this week after Silver Banshee's ??mom mentioning muggles!

19. mr_j936 Registered

The more I think about this episode the more I hate it, I registered here just to express my frustration. I'm just going to wrap everything in spoiler tags...

The whole time wraith thing did not have to exist, I think they would have better filled the episode with emotional stuff or intelligent give and take with reverse flash. But what is really bothering me, is how he completely screwed up everything in a gigantic way giving season 1 the middle finger...

Season 1 was a brilliant season, every minor event and the realization of every character came together culminating in an amazing finale, like how Cisco and Joe figured out that Barry could time travel etc... nope, they just tossed all of that away for a minor comedy scene where the 2 barries see each other.

Also, Barry was always very careful and mindful when time jumping, even when he time jumped back a day on the arrow cross over, he only told Oliver and then took a back seat and watched the new thing unfold, and that was one day, now he jumps back a year and completely screws with everything and the timeline is just a tiny bit affected... it's just hard for me to accept :csad:

There was just too many possibilities, what I would have hoped is, what if he jumps back and reverse flash and only reverse flash realizes this, they have a very interesting talk, maybe fight a little, but somehow nothing gets affected and the whole thing goes full circle... that would have been interesting, it would have made us keep guessing what if in present day some future thing is happening behind the scenes...

Anyway long post, sorry I just had to write that somewhere.

20. Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Barry goody two shoes attitude was bordering stupid as if the guy learned nothing from previous time travels but thanks to the light writing it has no consequences when he came back save for Pied Piper being a good guy.
    Someone spare me a Picard face palm, I used all mine :)

21. Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Very true. I expected the same thing.

22. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

It's a nice change of pace.
    Look at my post on top of this page to see why I think so.

23. Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Bad guy travels back in time, the mess made is his work.
    => agree ( you're talking about Eobard killing Barry's mother right ? )

Good guy travels back in time to fix a mess or change something competently, a bigger mess happens.
    => save for this episode, nothing drastic happened when Flash went back.

Except for when Booster Gold does it.
    => I don't know who Booster Gold really is only that he is a guy who stole stuff to become a hero, I saw him a long time ago in a Justice League TV show.

Note : my memory can be fuzzy on some details.
    Note 2 : I was more annoyed by Flash wanting to do good ( to the point of being careless and dumb ) than the null effect when he came back.

#73 Monsieur Xavier, Mar 30, 2016
  24. Supernova Registered

Why does barry take stupid pills everytime he time travels? Also why was first season star labs team ok with two barrys n the discovery of time travel?

25. Rowen Registered

Yes it is confusing me