The Flash The flash season 2 episode 17 "Flash Back"

This was by far one of my favorite eps of the season. The scene between Wells/Thawne and Barry in the vault was awesome.

I'm a big sucker for time travel, so when Barry returns to the present, shouldn't Sisco and Caitlyn already have known that he had indeed left and then returned, as their earlier selves saw him leave? I'm referring to the part where he returned to the present followed by the time wraith, they asked him if he had even left, when he runs back into the room....

Last edited:
Cavanagh always kills it as Reverse Flash - and Gustin always lifts his game when they share the screen.

I give this a 9/10. The Flash TV show restored my faith in DC live-action adaptations, after Batman v Superman seriously dented it.

The Supergirl/Flash crossover is so much fun, it's awesome -thank the comic gods for the CW shows !!!!!

Enjoyed this episode a lot, seeing Cavanagh back as Thawe / RF was AWESOME! And yeah, their scene in the vault great stuff. Surely what Barry did is going to change the timeline more than they have indicated though?

I agree with others I think it will mean Eobard, and possibly Eddie Thawne, are alive.

If the people who made BvS had as much love and respect for the source material as the crew who work on The Flash do, it would have made over a billion, and been a critical success.

If the people who made BvS had as much love and respect for the source material as the crew who work on The Flash do, it would have made over a billion, and been a critical success.

Uh no. You don't know their mindset unless your some sort of telepath. The team behind BvS could love the DC properties just as much. Their takes were legitimate within the story's context and the source material, but it wasn't well received either because critics didn't find the tone agreeable or the film failed for them technically.

I just watched the episide now. I do agree more changes should have occurred but I don't think the differences would have changed as much as people think. Barry realised that by changing the teams opinions of Hartley due to him helping them out in the past that he was no longer needing the Ronnie hint as a bargaining chip so he made sure Cisco would have a reason to ask him, I.e. Just telling him. Presumably due to the faith the team would put in Hartley that it would begin his descent into becoming good. I feel like they could easily hint towards other changes in following episodes where they say that in the new timeline that our Barry doesn't know about that Hartley could have helped them on a few past cases. But yeah overall I don't think much will change other than the fact they knew about time travel earlier.

Uh no. You don't know their mindset unless your some sort of telepath. The team behind BvS could love the DC properties just as much. Their takes were legitimate within the story's context and the source material, but it wasn't well received either because critics didn't find the tone agreeable or the film failed for them technically.

Or because character motivations were poor or non existent, story decisions made no sense and the conflict resolution was absurd. But sure, blame it all on the tone.

Marthaaaa

Loving The Dark Knight Returns, doesn't mean you have a love for DC properties, or even Batman.

Another great episode, except for the really really bad cgi :woot: The scenes with Thawne and future Barry was awesome and I loved the scene where past Barry returns to Star Labs and they have to explain why there are two Barry there at the same time :woot:
As someone else mentioned I also think that the time-wraith may be their version of the Black Flash. I hope more stuff has changed in the coming episodes because I do think that team Flash are very careless when it comes to time travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"